General Tim Williams Vote of Confidence

Do you have confidence in Tim Williams leadership?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just wish the 5-min Fans Forum was an actual phone-in. Not scripted.
Better get the bleep button at the ready if that was the case but I agree if everyone could behave themselves & speak eloquently but passions will always spill over if you hear something you don’t agree with. I think cherry picking questions is more the wrong thing to do. Serious questions need to be asked, because let’s face it, us fans are aware of certain things that have gone on this season, are the board aware or are they that out of touch that they aren’t aware that KR has potentially brought the club into disrepute while also single handedly forcing out at least 4 players because he doesn’t like them or because they have the guts to stand up to him & question his decisions.

I agree.

Another way of looking at it would be to take our 1.20 PPG so far and add it for the remaining games, you’ll end up with 55. No doubt that would be safety but my god, it will be an abject failure and one that Williams surely cannot ignore.

Also got to factor in the toxic fanbase, our pitch which looks fucked & the manager making more baffling decisions every week from passes.

We need some wins & fast otherwise we’ll be looking over our shoulder in a few weeks

Incredible complacency!! “Oh we’ll get to 55 points” !
Based on recent form, the declining confidence, the fans’ detachment, the team’s lack of spirit and belief…. and a manager whose tactics are becoming MORE deranged!
Wake up and smell the coffee, people! We are sliding down the table; I’ll ask it again : who are the teams we are going to beat to get all these points?
What a complete and utter f*ck-up he’s got us into……

Where do 6 wins required come from.
4 wins and 3 draws (10 defeats) will give us 50 points and will almost certainly be enough to stay up.
Last season 5th from bottom has 40 points ( we have 35)
There are many teams worse than us- just look at the table. I wouod bet money on 4 of the bottom 7 going down
You haven’t answered my question - which teams are donating us these magic points?

My forecast:

12 minutes of management nonsense, including:

17 references to clarity and internal conversations (minimum)

5 ‘that’s a great question’
I’m sure there will be a ‘Karl cares passionately about this club’ and something about everybody learning. About something…

It’s the ‘T’ word again.

It was promised that it would get nasty last night but I think this forum overstates the ill-feeling toward the manager. Sure, the ‘Robbo out’ thread is over 500 pages long but it’s the same couple of dozen posters making the same points over and over again.

To me, it’s apathy. No one really cares this season. The atmosphere is dead and I could only hear the Barnsley fans on the radio last night. Their goals were harder than ours (although that may be just where Rax Ox mics are set up). Since we have had good times with KR (and the doubters of him should remember that), this isn’t like we’re hounding out a total incompetent like Rix or Kemp. It’s grumbling at someone who had it once but doesn’t have it anymore.

That’s what makes it more worrying. It’s the gradual slump into a relegation battle which would be disastrous if we did go down. Going out of the League will always be worse but to go down with players on hefty top half League 1 salaries would be criminal.
This forum almost certainly overstates it. The club though should be concerned about those quietly leaving the ground shaking heads as they do so. It might not manifest itself in booing and catcalling but those that went and there were many who didn't were pretty down about it. It will manifest itself in sales of walk ins and season ticket holders not going. Three of my group of season ticket holders could not be bothered last night and looking around the North Stand they were not alone.

Where do 6 wins required come from.
4 wins and 3 draws (10 defeats) will give us 50 points and will almost certainly be enough to stay up.
Last season 5th from bottom has 40 points ( we have 35)
There are many teams worse than us- just look at the table. I wouod bet money on 4 of the bottom 7 going down
But will we manage that?

This forum almost certainly overstates it. The club though should be concerned about those quietly leaving the ground shaking heads as they do so. It might not manifest itself in booing and catcalling but those that went and there were many who didn't were pretty down about it. It will manifest itself in sales of walk ins and season ticket holders not going. Three of my group of season ticket holders could not be bothered last night and looking around the North Stand they were not alone.
You’re so right. The loss of revenue caused by the club in its inaction over what is going is worrying in itself. Until supporters see some sign of positive news they ma continue their absence. That should ring alarm bells.
Someone I know can’t stand Robinson and won’t attend again until he’s gone.
Its not only Robinson who needs to go either

Out of my group of season ticket holding mates no one actually bothered going last night, 2 of the 8 live a 5 minute walk away, the ground looked very sparsely populated from the IFollow footage.

You haven’t answered my question - which teams are donating us these magic points?
Nor sure anybody will 'donate' any points.
The one great thing about football is it is unpredictable!
Less than 2 weeks ago we best Ipswich. Just over 2 weeks ago we beat Fleetwood away.
Would you be amazed if we beat Rovers, Shrewsbury, Cambridge Accrington, Cheltenham or Forest Green?
I guess the answer is yes!
If you really think thatvwe will go down you should get odds if around 80 to 1 so get down there!!

Out of my group of season ticket holding mates no one actually bothered going last night, 2 of the 8 live a 5 minute walk away, the ground looked very sparsely populated from the IFollow footage.

I arrived at Grenoble Road after 7pm and was surprised at how close to the ground I was able to park.

It was an early indication that lots of season ticket holders weren’t bothering to watch a game they had already paid for.

A sad state of affairs for this season; ominous for season ticket sales come the Summer.

Also: I popped into here before the game but was very disappointed not to see any of our a coaching staff.

48d2464d0d13656049c4f68c87f762ef.jpg

10 point cushion, yet 9 of the 10 teams have games in hand on us. Of which;

Accy have 4 in hand
Lincoln have 3 in hand
Six others have 2 in hand
MK have 1 in hand

Once those games have been played, I’d wager it’ll be nothing like a 10 point cushion and it will be very much more likely to be squeaky bum time.

Teams that don’t keep clean sheets and don’t score more than 1 goal a game do not have comfortable seasons very often.

It’s precarious.
It's all very well saying these teams have games in hand, but I bet that (without looking at the fixture list) most of them will be playing each other at some point, so points will be dropped.

Stale. Flat. Insipid. Clueless. Toothless. Lacklustre. You could go on and on about last night - Oxford, right now, is a very depressing club to be involved with. Will be back on Saturday for more but this is the perfect example of a club desperately in need of a new face, new voice and new ideas at the helm.

Back
Top Bottom