General Tim Williams Vote of Confidence

Do you have confidence in Tim Williams leadership?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Golden Dr Otto

The focus and lens ultimately turns to the man at the top.

Poll reset:
This was the result as of 2137 on 24th March.

Yes 64
No 116

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t, but he’s a puppet, it’s those that pull his strings that are mostly to blame for this

I think Thursdays FMFF may well have an impact on the vote. We need to hear from him before we can make any such decisions.

Not enough information to vote, I do think we are sleepwalking towards the drop zone.Ten points away from it, but look at the games played and nine points dropped in a week. Won't be long before we are in a relegation fight at this rate.

I think most of us who went last night went with a resigned air and left without booing or catcalling, because we just feel we are helpless bystanders. We got served what we expected to be served and I expect the same on Saturday. It is going to get very toxic soon I feel.

I think Thursdays FMFF may well have an impact on the vote. We need to hear from him before we can make any such decisions.
I’d hope the FMFF with TW is cancelled. He must have some more pressing and important things to do today.

P45 for KR - ( just in case he needs a clue)

At the moment, based purely on what I see and what I hear from people close to things, no. That may change in the future but I can only comment on the here and now.

Will wait for the FMFF before putting the X in the box, but I’m pretty sure that if it goes ahead we’re going to hear nothing but praise and backing for Robinson, how we’ve been so unlucky, Karl has shown him some stats that say in any other season we would be right up in the playoffs etc.

I think he would be an idiot to go through with it if that’s his plan, as it’s only going to wind people up unless he cobbles together a pair of balls, but I’m having serious doubts that any of the upper management actually understand what’s going on, or how a club at this level functions in terms of communication and PR.

Not enough information to vote, I do think we are sleepwalking towards the drop zone.Ten points away from it, but look at the games played and nine points dropped in a week. Won't be long before we are in a relegation fight at this rate.

I think most of us who went last night went with a resigned air and left without booing or catcalling, because we just feel we are helpless bystanders. We got served what we expected to be served and I expect the same on Saturday. It is going to get very toxic soon I feel.
Agree with all this. The atmosphere (apart from a few boos) has more of a “resigned” air about it than anger. We are sliding towards relegation (I’ve witnessed 6 in my time here) and I know how it happens. The fanbase is amazingly unconcerned about this, I feel, and there’s a “we will be ok, there’s plenty of time yet” attitude prevailing.

So,,,, could someone tell me where these 5/6 wins are going to come from, please? Which teams are worse than us (and can I refer you to our PREVIOUS results against those teams this season?)

Robinson is sucking the life out of the team, the fanbase and the club. He needs to be sacked.

It’s the ‘T’ word again.

It was promised that it would get nasty last night but I think this forum overstates the ill-feeling toward the manager. Sure, the ‘Robbo out’ thread is over 500 pages long but it’s the same couple of dozen posters making the same points over and over again.

To me, it’s apathy. No one really cares this season. The atmosphere is dead and I could only hear the Barnsley fans on the radio last night. Their goals were harder than ours (although that may be just where Rax Ox mics are set up). Since we have had good times with KR (and the doubters of him should remember that), this isn’t like we’re hounding out a total incompetent like Rix or Kemp. It’s grumbling at someone who had it once but doesn’t have it anymore.

That’s what makes it more worrying. It’s the gradual slump into a relegation battle which would be disastrous if we did go down. Going out of the League will always be worse but to go down with players on hefty top half League 1 salaries would be criminal.

Will wait for the FMFF before putting the X in the box, but I’m pretty sure that if it goes ahead we’re going to hear nothing but praise and backing for Robinson, how we’ve been so unlucky, Karl has shown him some stats that say in any other season we would be right up in the playoffs etc.
I would be absolutely amazed if he suggested any of that, even if he is still pro KR.
I reckon he will suggest that it has been a very disappointing season and mistakes have been made which they are trying to address.
Let's see

So,,,, could someone tell me where these 5/6 wins are going to come from, please? Which teams are worse than us (and can I refer you to our PREVIOUS results against those teams this
Where do 6 wins required come from.
4 wins and 3 draws (10 defeats) will give us 50 points and will almost certainly be enough to stay up.
Last season 5th from bottom has 40 points ( we have 35)
There are many teams worse than us- just look at the table. I wouod bet money on 4 of the bottom 7 going down

I don't know enough about Tim Williams' role and the restrictions he has on what he can do to make a judgement here. For all we know, the owners have said that he *cannot* sack KR for one reason or another - so saying we have no confidence in him personally might be rather harsh.

Personally speaking, it looks as if the hierarchy (as a collective) haven't got much idea about running the playing side of a football club!

I love the board iam not blaming anybody but Karl. We know he shouldn't have so much power (karl) but will we stay up that's the big question.

It's a tough one to make a call on as we have seen literally nothing from the new board in terms of plans/strategy/structure etc.

It could be he is doing some absolutely brilliant work behind the scenes but they are certainly not sharing it! I even miss Tigers monthly missives!

Where do 6 wins required come from.
4 wins and 3 draws (10 defeats) will give us 50 points and will almost certainly be enough to stay up.
Last season 5th from bottom has 40 points ( we have 35)
There are many teams worse than us- just look at the table. I wouod bet money on 4 of the bottom 7 going down
You were around when we slipped ignominiously into the Conference, weren’t you?

I don't know enough about Tim Williams' role and the restrictions he has on what he can do to make a judgement here. For all we know, the owners have said that he *cannot* sack KR for one reason or another - so saying we have no confidence in him personally might be rather harsh.

Personally speaking, it looks as if the hierarchy (as a collective) haven't got much idea about running the playing side of a football club!

^^^^ this.

Then factor in that lots of talented, senior "football" people have moved on to get opportunity suggests there is a lack of understanding between the "business" and the "football".

If an experienced, knowledgeable DoF is installed between the two things could/should/would/might (delete as suits) improve.

People said for a while that Nial McWilliams wasn't doing anything yet he was instrumental in getting the stadium situation moving and giving us one last shot at moving to a new home. We simply don't know enough about Tim's input so far or forward-vision and let's not forget he was only employed after the travesty of a summer. I must admit that his lack of presence and engagement is a concern and many fans probably don't know who he is.

Now would be a good time for him to address on the pitch and the short term future plans and expectations because fans need to know that the club is in good hands even outside the stadium situation.

Back
Top Bottom