National News Supreme court ruling

Scapegoat? Sacrificial lamb? chucked under the bus?

Scapegoat? Sacrificial lamb? chucked under the bus?

Abject failure?

I mean he's BoJo's Chief of Staff, and supposedly chief strategic advisor. But everything they've done since BoJo won the leadership contest has been a disaster - they've lost every vote in parliament, failed to call an election, failed to prorogue parliament and their majority in parliament has dropped from 2 to, what, -25?

BoJo's current options - barring the miracle that is successfully negotiating a deal with Brussels that the Commons will pass - appear to be resignation or abject humiliation (either through another Supreme Court defeat, or having to go to Brussels to request the extension that he's promised not to request every day since he came into office).

Plus, literally no one likes him.

Seems to me more than enough grounds for a firing!

Well it’s obviously not because he’s stupid. I think it’s because he’s against the elites and he’s standing with Boris Johnson ( Eton & Oxford) & Jacob Rees Mogg (Eton & Oxford) In their battle to stand up for the working person, who they really care about.

Just a minor point, it was the prorogation that was ruled "unlawful" not "illegal" .
Illegal means that it is forbidden by a law that has been passed.
Unlawful means that it is not authorised by law because no such law has been passed.
Part of the argument was that it was to frustrate scrutiny, now that is something nobody can argue against, hence the 11-0 "win".

However the outcome is that Parliament returned and went back to more pointless, non contextual squabbling.
I thought Geoffrey Cox`s salvo`s across all sides of the house were a thing of beauty & eloquence. (y)

And the clock keeps ticking...........................

I thought Geoffrey Cox`s salvo`s across all sides of the house were a thing of beauty & eloquence.
The man who presumably advised the pm that the prorogation was lawful in the first place having a bit of a shouty barrister buster when ruled against? And you found that beautiful? Takes all sorts I suppose... ;)

Last edited:
The man who presumably advised the pm that the prorogation with lawful in the first place having a bit of a shouty barrister buster when ruled against? And you found that beautiful? Takes all sorts I suppose... ;)

He also said, in the Cabinet minutes, that "Any accusations of unlawfulness or constitutional outrage were motivated by political considerations".

Now that advice is correct and was endorsed by the SC in their judgement.
Remember we are in a zone of unwritten law and morality (ho, ho, ho !! ) that Parliament should question and exercise judgement on the Government whilst not forgetting they are also there to serve their electorate. Enjoy some clear, concise language with no "errmmming & umming" ! ?

Open fire !!! (y)

Let's see what Parliament gets up to now they are back in session. Apart from shouting at each other and calling for each other to resign and doing nothing legislatively than find a can and kick it down the road again...

It's almost like we need the election that Remain parties have been calling for so long eh?

He also said, in the Cabinet minutes, that "Any accusations of unlawfulness or constitutional outrage were motivated by political considerations".
LOL. Just like the 'political considerations' that he and his PM had in mind when they did it to start with!
He's been caught with his pants so far down around his ankles that he can't run away fast enough and is shouting like a tramp on cheap cider instead!

As you know perfectly well the reason why no-ones calling for an election is that Boris Johnson Is s proven liar and nobody trusts him not to use the election to engineer a no deal Brexit and rush into the arms of Donald Trump.

I did t see “people shouting at each other” - I Saw a succession of women MPs imploring Johnson to modify his language because one of their numbers had been murdered before the referendum and they were receiving death threats l. he laughed in their face, like a posh coked up student at closing time in the Turf Tavern Which is essentially all he is.

Just listening to the Washington whistleblower events. Difficult to judge, at this stage, who is the more morally corrupt, Johnson or Trump.

Apparently the whole story is ‘fake’, despite the fact that Trump’s conversation with the Ukrainian president has been released, verbatim, by the White House.
Because this is just where we're at now. As I say often, this is just about 'winning' at this stage. You can do and say anything you like, and the people who don't even know WHY they want you to 'win' anymore will cheer you on, regardless of what it is you're doing or saying. You can do ANYTHING, even lie about something factual such as a conversation that took place with the head of a nation, or shut down your entire country's parliament for your own benefit, and people will cheer you if you represent 'winning' to them. Everybody has forgotten that this is real life, not a film or drama series, and has lost their damn minds. This isn't a game, but unfortunately, to most people it now is.

LOL. Just like the 'political considerations' that he and his PM had in mind when they did it to start with!
He's been caught with his pants so far down around his ankles that he can't run away fast enough and is shouting like a tramp on cheap cider instead!

Of course there were "political considerations" on BOTH sides, in the same way that BOTH sides are heckling each other.
In the same way BOTH sides of the debate are discussing it on various platforms.
At the end of the day we/they/everyone can scream & shout until we are dead, getting the decision of the electorate delivered MUST happen.
No vote on "This deal" or "Remain".
No removal of "No Deal".

Get it done, 17.4 million people go quiet and the Remainers can start a 40 year campaign to rejoin. (y)

Now that advice is correct and was endorsed by the SC in their judgement.
Remember we are in a zone of unwritten law and morality (ho, ho, ho !! ) that Parliament should question and exercise judgement on the Government whilst not forgetting they are also there to serve their electorate. Enjoy some clear, concise language with no "errmmming & umming" ! ?

Open fire !!! (y)

Mate if you listened to that Cox performance yesterday and thought he was "savaging remainers" (as per the title of that video) with "beauty and eloquence" you're beyond help.

Of course there were "political considerations" on BOTH sides, in the same way that BOTH sides are heckling each other.
I didn't say there weren't. It was you that quoted Cox's minuted cabinet speech as if it were somehow brilliantly insightful. It wasn't and ignored the fact that he and his master instigated the situation for their own political aims and that it would only be scuppered by nasty people with 'political considerations'!!

Mate if you listened to that Cox performance yesterday and thought he was "savaging remainers" (as per the title of that video) with "beauty and eloquence" you're beyond help.

He was saying it "how it is", I like that.
I enjoy the fact that we have a P**s poor opposition that are scared of the electorate.
I like the theatre of the HoC.
I`ve been a few times and watched the chamber, I would recommend it to anyone.

"Beyond help" ? Nope not me, I have age, cynicism & experience on my side.

Scared of no deal, not the electorate. Surely that's easy to see? Although I agree that the Tories will still be the larger party after one, and that Labour are P**s poor.

It was you that quoted Cox's minuted cabinet speech as if it were somehow brilliantly insightful.

My quote earlier was what he actually said, the advice he gave, and the fact he highlighted what might & did happen.

As he said, some cases you win, others you lose. Life moves on and that clock keeps ticking!

Now there is no recess for the Conservative conference they will fill the agenda with uncontroversial "stuff", to be fair its good to see some bills getting through that would have been "lost".

That aside the opposition have the "courage" to block a recess but not the courage to call an election or a vote of NC ...... who`s playing who?

My quote earlier was what he actually said, the advice he gave, and the fact he highlighted what might & did happen.

As he said, some cases you win, others you lose. Life moves on and that clock keeps ticking!

Now there is no recess for the Conservative conference they will fill the agenda with uncontroversial "stuff", to be fair its good to see some bills getting through that would have been "lost".

That aside the opposition have the "courage" to block a recess but not the courage to call an election or a vote of NC ...... who`s playing who?
But you have to understand it's "different" even if it's exactly the same and they'll argue that night is day for fear of not having the moral high ground and cry foul when the abuse they give is hurled back.

Its a wonderfully bizarre thing to watch to MPs who have droned on and on for a election for the past 2 years, filibuster about why not is not the right time because the pressure is now on them to do something other than complain.

The sad thing about the recess nonsense is the local businesses in Manchester that will lose trade because the Tories likely won't attend in the numbers they might have. #winning

Its a wonderfully bizarre thing to watch to MPs who have droned on and on for a election for the past 2 years, filibuster about why not is not the right time because the pressure is now on them to do something other than complain.
All the opposition parties want an election, it's simply that no one (understandably) trusts Johnson / Cummings. To agree to an election before asking The EU for more time, or before 31st October, would mean No Deal by subterfuge.