Sunderland v Wycombe Playoff Final

I can't remember, but were you this negative with Clotet, Appleton and Wilder? or is it just Robinson you don't like?

If it's not a manager thing, then why don't you just do one. I can understand criticism when things are not right but very rarely do you give the club ANY credit, when you do, there is always a veil of cynicism. Maybe you just want a bite, so you can have and tommy tank with delight 😬
I'm not really sure how that's negative it's just stating fact. And I will moan for a good while yet after our end of season capitulation..

And I actually like Robinson. But it doesn't make him immune to criticism.

I can't remember, but were you this negative with Clotet, Appleton and Wilder? or is it just Robinson you don't like?

If it's not a manager thing, then why don't you just do one. I can understand criticism when things are not right but very rarely do you give the club ANY credit, when you do, there is always a veil of cynicism. Maybe you just want a bite, so you can have and tommy tank with delight 😬

that was a good appointment

Just have to agree with uncle Kip

Pompey fans have accepted where they are particularly given they were in L2. Ipswich fans though still think they are the European Champions.

Yeah, when it comes to Pompey and Wednesday there just doesn't seem to be that arrogant sense of entitlement.

No. It's probably because one season FIFA he was the fattest player in the game or something.

I remember him being spectacularly s**t for Northampton against us once.

The reality is he's bang average. Think he just knows how to cultivate his image. He will be working for Sky next season

I agree, he’s pretty useless. Flicks on the odd header and gets a tap in every now and then, I’ve never understood what all the fuss is about.

Don't know about taking over London, but we'd been down there for the trooping the colour and the hoardes I saw coming into/through baker Street after the game didn't even look as though they'd seen a game let alone won promotion. They seemed very subdued - no singing or dancing at all - though it may just have been the very early starts they would have had to have put in to get down from the north east for the game.

Wycombe’s owner Rob Couhig wore this in the Royal Box yesterday.

This is also the guy who filled Wembley with every hanger on possible 2 years ago, when Oxford respected the fact that only immediate staff members could attend due to Covid. We had many club staff and representatives who have been with Oxford for decades who had to watch on TV whilst this guy took the P**s.

At the end of the game, he was also the one screaming and shouting like a child, in front of our players, to the point where more than one had to be stopped from reacting.

I don't care for tradition and you can wear anything you like in the Royal box in my view. But I do care for respect and this guy has none, and deserves even less in return.

In response to Kip, I'd say, Bantz backfired, lucky shirt not so lucky, #t**t

This is also the guy who filled Wembley with every hanger on possible 2 years ago, when Oxford respected the fact that only immediate staff members could attend due to Covid. We had many club staff and representatives who have been with Oxford for decades who had to watch on TV whilst this guy took the P**s.

At the end of the game, he was also the one screaming and shouting like a child, in front of our players, to the point where more than one had to be stopped from reacting.

I don't care for tradition and you can wear anything you like in the Royal box in my view. But I do care for respect and this guy has none, and deserves even less in return.

In response to Kip, I'd say, Bantz backfired, lucky shirt not so lucky, #t**t
This is absolutely true, and exactly as @Scotchegg describes.

He also turned up to our Boardroom in a baseball cap and polo shirt. The away Directors are always advised that the dress code is suit and tie, as is usually the case when we play away. I don't particularly like wearing a tie, but I do so in away Boardrooms out of respect for them, and their rules, as do all of those that represent OUFC in away Boardrooms. I remember talking to Mike Ashley, when we played Newcastle in the cup replay, and remarking that it was surprising to see him in a tie. His response was that it was our Boardroom, and our rules, and he was happy to respect that, even though he admitted he hated wearing a tie.

The whole point is about respect, and this guy, and his club, show a distinct lack of it time after time. Absolutely classless.

Well I did say once I found out my new arrival to the family was due on the 20th May that I didn't want us to make the play offs and I had a feeling we wouldn't because of the chance of me missing the birth or the final.

Well low and behold he was born yesterday just as Sunderland were lifting the trophy. 😃 Oxford's newest Fan Tommy arrived safe and healthy. Give it a few years he will be in the singing section of Stratfield Brake singing we hate swindon like his brother.

That was a close call and now I will be buying a season ticket and a new TV to eliminate the chance of it happening 2 years running 😁.

Last edited:
Well I did say once I found out my new arrival to the family was due on the 20th May that I didn't want us to make the play offs and I had a feeling we wouldn't because of the chance of me missing the birth or the final.

Well low and behold he was born yesterday just as Sunderland were lifting the trophy. 😃 Oxford's newest Fan Tommy arrived safe and healthy. Give it a few years he will be in the singing section of Stratfield Brake singing we hate swindon like his brother.

That was a close call and now I will be buying a season ticket and a new TV to eliminate the chance of it happening 2 years running 😁.

Congratulations!

Just let Mrs 14 know that you'll be maintaining a period of abstinence from July-August months from now on 😄

He also turned up to our Boardroom in a baseball cap and polo shirt. The away Directors are always advised that the dress code is suit and tie, as is usually the case when we play away. I don't particularly like wearing a tie, but I do so in away Boardrooms out of respect for them, and their rules, as do all of those that represent OUFC in away Boardrooms. I remember talking to Mike Ashley, when we played Newcastle in the cup replay, and remarking that it was surprising to see him in a tie. His response was that it was our Boardroom, and our rules, and he was happy to respect that, even though he admitted he hated wearing a tie.

The whole point is about respect, and this guy, and his club, show a distinct lack of it time after time. Absolutely classless.
Classless, that’s Wycombe is a word!

I'm not really sure how that's negative it's just stating fact. And I will moan for a good while yet after our end of season capitulation..

And I actually like Robinson. But it doesn't make him immune to criticism.
Fair enough!

Congratulations dad

Rob Couhig was looking at a number of clubs before he settled on Wycombe. One of them was us too. He confirmed it in a Price of Football podcast episode too and he quickly dismissed the possibility of getting involved due to the stadium situation and the lease coming to an end. He only settled upon Wycombe as it was en route back to the airport!

He came across as entitled in the interview and was very bullish about Derby County’s plight, suggesting it was the fault of the fans for not asking enough questions. I don’t think Derby fans were particularly at fault for Mel Morris’s overzealous spending, selling the stadium to one of his own companies and then taking his ball home when he didn’t want to fund them anymore.

Not a pleasant chap and someone who could easily have ended up here in a parallel universe.

EDIT. The episode from December 2021 if anyone fancies a listen of it.

Rob Couhig was looking at a number of clubs before he settled on Wycombe. One of them was us too. He confirmed it in a Price of Football podcast episode too and he quickly dismissed the possibility of getting involved due to the stadium situation and the lease coming to an end. He only settled upon Wycombe as it was en route back to the airport!

He came across as entitled in the interview and was very bullish about Derby County’s plight, suggesting it was the fault of the fans for not asking enough questions. I don’t think Derby fans were particularly at fault for Mel Morris’s overzealous spending, selling the stadium to one of his own companies and then taking his ball home when he didn’t want to fund them anymore.

Not a pleasant chap and someone who could easily have ended up here in a parallel universe.

EDIT. The episode from December 2021 if anyone fancies a listen of it.
Apparently Couhigs net worth is estimated at between 1-5 million which in football ownership isn’t a fortune. With Vokes having signed for next season at I assume the same wage 10k a week think he is going to struggle with their budget.

Back
Top Bottom