Tickets Season Tickets 2023/24

I agree.
Somebody suggested that ST sales would be lower as some 'supporters ' wouid go and see Oxford City instead.
Pretty odd I reckon

Not odd at all.

I know 4 fans that haven't renewed and will be picking and choosing games between both clubs next season. Like someone else posted above it's a much more relaxed atmosphere at city and that's why a selection of our fanbase like going.

Saying that if their games are all going to be segregated and no alcohol allowed to be consumed while watching the game the charm will soon wear off.

I remember when we were in the conference I couldn’t wait to get out of the league, the football is mostly dire, so why you would want to go and watch a team you don’t really support at that level is perplexing.

I live fairly near to Aldershot’s ground and having never been when we played them so I keep saying that I will go and watch a game to tick the ground off, then it comes to it and I can’t be arsed and don’t want to spend the money on the modern day equivalent’s of Phil Trainer and Alex Jeanin.

I remember when we were in the conference I couldn’t wait to get out of the league, the football is mostly dire, so why you would want to go and watch a team you don’t really support at that level is perplexing.

I live fairly near to Aldershot’s ground and having never been when we played them so I keep saying that I will go and watch a game to tick the ground off, then it comes to it and I can’t be arsed and don’t want to spend the money on the modern day equivalent’s of Phil Trainer and Alex Jeanin.
But don’t forget City are coming at this from a completely different direction
This will be the best standard of football they’ve ever played and if you are a die hard fan they will be looking forward to being in this league
As for any of our fans attending let’s hear from them after a few games and they can report back

When United aren't playing at home.

1. It's better than listening to Radio Oxford's dull commentary on our away game.
2. It's better than watching premier league crap on TV.
3. Can move around the stadium and drink beer watching the game (last season you could)
4. Can enjoy the game without worrying about the result as you don't support either team.
5. The NL is no longer hoof ball like when we were in it.

I love watching live football and currently I'm in no financial position to attend the majority of our away games so for that reason I go and watch City at home or even Abingdon United sometimes.

If anyone doesn't agree with that then set up a go fund page to help us travel to the away games and I will. 😏

But don’t forget City are coming at this from a completely different direction
This will be the best standard of football they’ve ever played and if you are a die hard fan they will be looking forward to being in this league

True be we are not talking about there die hard fans, not many of them I only met one in the 39 years I lived in Oxford, we are talking about OUFC season ticket holders going there instead.

Having seen a team lose games regularly in the Patterson years at that level I can’t say it was particularly fun but as you say maybe the lower expectations at City and the novelty will make it more palatable.

When United aren't playing at home.

1. It's better than listening to Radio Oxford's dull commentary on our away game.
2. It's better than watching premier league crap on TV.
3. Can move around the stadium and drink beer watching the game (last season you could)
4. Can enjoy the game without worrying about the result as you don't support either team.
5. The NL is no longer hoof ball like when we were in it.

I love watching live football and currently I'm in no financial position to attend the majority of our away games so for that reason I go and watch City at home or even Abingdon United sometimes.

If anyone doesn't agree with that then set up a go fund page to help us travel to the away games and I will. 😏
I totally get how people may go to City when oufc are away. I may go to a few games as well.
But the suggestion that some may choose to go to City games instead of United games (don't have a ST), for oufc supporters seems pretty odd to me

I totally get how people may go to City when oufc are away. I may go to a few games as well.
But the suggestion that some may choose to go to City games instead of United games (don't have a ST), for oufc supporters seems pretty odd to me

The 4 I know of say they will pick and choose games due to limited finance. I don't think it's a case of they will attend city when we're at home it's just they will do 23 games a season split between both clubs and that's partly a reason why they haven't renewed their season ticket at United.

They all have said they got really frustrated and disconnected with the club when Tim nice but Dim and Grant Mitchell didn't act quick enough even though the atmosphere in the ground was toxic. A good start to the season and a poor one for City will soon see them back.

True be we are not talking about there die hard fans, not many of them I only met one in the 39 years I lived in Oxford, we are talking about OUFC season ticket holders going there instead.

Having seen a team lose games regularly in the Patterson years at that level I can’t say it was particularly fun but as you say maybe the lower expectations at City and the novelty will make it more palatable.
City is enjoyable because the ground is so small and basic - you basically lean on the pitchside fence - but the football is surprisingly good.

I still haven’t received my digital season tickets yet. Are others not getting theirs also?

I still haven’t received my digital season tickets yet. Are others not getting theirs also?
Join the club! We renewed the day they were available. Heard nothing. Even had to go into my account and request a confirmation of purchase email.
It happens, some times the algorithm just misses you out. We'll wait until 5pm this evening and if nothing heard, email the ticket office in the morning.

Lets hold off emailing the club until after 5pm today, the last thing you want is people emailing you to tell you something you already know!

• React
Reactions: MJB
Not had my digital season ticket via email yet. If I haven't received it by the start of August, I'll get in touch then but not particularly concerned now!!

Yep - I’ve not received my digital ST yet (renewed on the day they went up for sale). Not concerned at this point as there’s still plenty who’ve not got it and we’re not passed the clubs own arbitrary deadline anyway.

If not here today I’ll flag tomorrow as the club asked, but as long as it’s here before the first home game in august I’m not fussed! 🤣

City fixtures out on Friday

Wonder if they will have many clashes with us or have specifically asked the NL to avoid our home dates, they've had ours for over a week so no reason they can't avoid clashes, IF the NL is more professionally ran than it was when we were there 🤣🤣

City fixtures out on Friday

Wonder if they will have many clashes with us or have specifically asked the NL to avoid our home dates, they've had ours for over a week so no reason they can't avoid clashes, IF the NL is more professionally ran than it was when we were there 🤣🤣

Depends if the person doing it had enough pencils, erasers and pencil sharpeners to make changes.

Back
Top Bottom