Tickets Reading Away Tickets

...although it is probably worth mentioning that game was before the EFL decided to let Premier League U12s into the tournament and ruined it completely.

True, but even in the current format the only games I would go to are Wembley and Swindon/Reading, don't think I am alone alone in that. We are talking about a game in that competition at this stage of it that doesn't involve Oxford, I think that shows that its not the competition but the clubs involved, you still get bragging rights and that will always mean something against a rival.

Out of interest have we ever played a friendly against either Reading or Swindon?

...although it is probably worth mentioning that game was before the EFL decided to let Premier League U12s into the tournament and ruined it completely.

Yes a year later we played them again in the paintpot and there were about 2,500 people at the County Ground for it, I seem to remember they didn't bother to open the away end behind the goal for Oxford fans.

I think it would probably depend on the novelty factor - by the time we played them at theirs we were back in the same division and people had league fixtures to look forward to, as well as the bteamboycott element.

Yes a year later we played them again in the paintpot and there were about 2,500 people at the County Ground for it, I seem to remember they didn't bother to open the away end behind the goal for Oxford fans.

I think it would probably depend on the novelty factor - by the time we played them at theirs we were back in the same division and people had league fixtures to look forward to, as well as the bteamboycott element.

Forgot that one, but I think that season it was a proper boycott by a lot of people until nearly everyone of us broke when we got to Wembley. That has softened as people have come to terms with them making it somehow shitter (a real achievement considering how crap it was before) and have returned to just not bothering with it. Now we are not in the same division as Swindon and could well not be for a long time I would go if we got them home or away, wouldn't go to any other game unless we got to the final though.

Correct - I was at that JPT game but didn't go to the Pizza trophy away game several years later.

Fighting at a pizza cup match? Have you ever heard of anything so sad?

Eleven arrests after 'despicable' violence at rare Stoke vs Port Vale derby match​

Local rivals Stoke City and Port Vale had not played against one another in 16 years and some fans seemed keen to cause trouble.

This was the headline for Port Vale v Stoke City U21’s back in 2018 in the pizza / checker trade trophy game.

True, but even in the current format the only games I would go to are Wembley and Swindon/Reading, don't think I am alone alone in that. We are talking about a game in that competition at this stage of it that doesn't involve Oxford, I think that shows that its not the competition but the clubs involved, you still get bragging rights and that will always mean something against a rival.

Out of interest have we ever played a friendly against either Reading or Swindon?
Yes Swindon , in the Gary Briggs testimonial at the Manor now that was a tasty old atmosphere

Which takes precedence if either team is in an FA Cup replay that week then?
Please note that should either club be involved in an Emirates FA Cup replay that week then the game would be moved to accommodate that fixture and be played on Tuesday 19th December (8pm)

from oufc.co.uk

I thought I had memories of playing Reading in a pre-season game when I was a kid, but I may be misremembering this game from August '82 in the 'Football League Trophy' whatever that was, which took place before the season began (thanks to Rage Online -www.rageonline.co.uk)...

1697119791698.png

I thought I had memories of playing Reading in a pre-season game when I was a kid, but I may be misremembering this game from August '82 in the 'Football League Trophy' whatever that was, which took place before the season began (thanks to Rage Online -www.rageonline.co.uk)...

View attachment 16208

Few of us were only suggesting using the Trophy group games as pre season this week, seems like it wasn't a new idea.

So we won't know for sure until 2nd December (unless we both get knocked out of the FA Cup in the 1st Round).

On a related note, when does the draw for the FA cup first round take place? I can’t find it on the FA website

Back
Top Bottom