Matches Play-Off Final to be moved from Wembley?

With less than three weeks to go for the CL final it will be a big bone of contention remove it from Turkey and compensation would have to be paid to the Turkish FA for whatever the cost they’ve had to pay out to host the final. It would be a case of whether someone would be or spears to pay out to change the venue.

Went to Spurs's new ground for an NFL game. its a lovely stadium, id say better than Wembley. only downside to new Spurs stadium was the access by train. Takes an age. much worse than Wembley.

With less than three weeks to go for the CL final it will be a big bone of contention remove it from Turkey and compensation would have to be paid to the Turkish FA for whatever the cost they’ve had to pay out to host the final. It would be a case of whether someone would be or spears to pay out to change the venue.

UEFA can tell the Turks they can have the final in the next few years when fans are allowed back. Would probably make their economy far more money for their outlay.

Play them both on the same day. The champions leage thingymajog can be the warm up for our match. Tv revenue should be of course shared between the four clubs.
What, and have those cart horses churn up the pitch? We are a football team, and deserve a pitch to match our quality. Those Chelsea cloggers can go elsewhere.

As much as it shouldn;t be moved from Wembley - it wouldn;t be the worst thing in the world given the reduced attendance, and the range of decent alternative grounds. Spurs would be great, Villa Park, The Emirates, Man City. All good options.

I don't understand why all 3 have to be moved when there is only 1 direct clash. Especially when there was going to be 3 consecutive days anyway.
The 2010 play-off final v York was played the day after the FA Cup Final. And I'm pretty sure that has been the case numerous times more since then.

Realistically, if the UK Govt. are meeting UEFA today and the EFL have already indicated they'd be happy to move, then it's a done deal that it won't happen at Wembley.
If they moved the play-off finals earlier, they would have to change the whole play off schedule and I doubt they would move them later because UEFA would want to have Wembley before the Euros started so I can only see the EFL play-off finals being played somewhere else.

As much as it shouldn;t be moved from Wembley - it wouldn;t be the worst thing in the world given the reduced attendance, and the range of decent alternative grounds. Spurs would be great, Villa Park, The Emirates, Man City. All good options.
I’d feel for the players who never have and might not ever play at Wembley but it‘s a soulless corporate bowl with as much atmosphere as the County Ground. I’d happily take most PL grounds as an alternative, if we get there of course....

The decision to change the date of only one of the play off finals is going to cause something of an argument. Sky have the broadcast rights to the play offs and BT Sport the Champions league. Sky are the principal sponsor of the EFL and are hardly likely to wish for a major upheaval in their broadcast scheduling particularly given that it would benefit another broadcaster.

Lets not forget there is actually a bloody good reason why the CL final should be moved to be played here this year - COVID - rather than just some whim of blazer at UEFA or whatever. Turkey had 15,000 new cases yesterday, we had about 1/10th of that, so anything that stops a whole bunch of people flying out of here to there and back again, has got to be worth it.
I understand the 'little guy being messed about to serve the bigboys' argument, of course I do, but I actually think on this occasion, then there are far worse things that can befall half a dozen EFL clubs this summer than having to downgrade a playoff final to Villa Park or the New White Hart Lane

What I don’t get is why the champion league final has to be played at Wembley why not play it somewhere like old Trafford or st James park both big enough grounds

If PO Final is moved then it should be moved to a non "Super League" club.... don't give Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United or Tottenham revenue for ground hire from Football League teams after what they tried to do.... No reason with only 4,000 fans likely to be allowed that it couldn't go to a FL club who need the money Brentford, St Andrew's, Stoke, Coventry, City Ground, Derby, Ashton Gate, Hillsborough could all do the job.... tried to find too that aren't too out of the way geographically.

I don't understand why all 3 have to be moved when there is only 1 direct clash. Especially when there was going to be 3 consecutive days anyway.
I believe that the Champions League has some sort of ruling that says the host stadium for the final can’t be used for X amount of days prior to the game.

Back
Top Bottom