OxVox Mural at the Kassam Stadium

like the old screen at the Manor ( but better) complete with 'oooh' and 'aaaah' flashed up randomly ? ;)
Only for night games or games played in very overcast conditions though ? first bit of sunlight and you couldn't see a thing. Wasn't it basically 20 old CRT TVs bolter together in a grid?

Looking at the Oxford Mail mock-up picture, it would seem to be a good idea to have as much colour as possible there. I do appreciate, however, that many of the older history photos will be black and white. It would be good to have the overall impression as yellow/blue, though.
There would have to be at least ONE black and white. Tank being carried shoulder high back to the dressing room after the never to be forgotten FA Cup victory over Blackburn in 1964. I appreciate its light years ago but it was a headline result in those days.....and a "gate" of 22000.

There would have to be at least ONE black and white. Tank being carried shoulder high back to the dressing room after the never to be forgotten FA Cup victory over Blackburn in 1964. I appreciate its light years ago but it was a headline result in those days.....and a "gate" of 22000.
great minds etc... I was thinking about that genuinely iconic image earlier too .... OUFC beating the then mighty Blackburn in the FA Cup was International news at the time!

it could have colour added? .... albeit old gold and black

Why does it need crowdfunding? Have't Oxvox got £12K in the bank? Or is that earmarked for something else, or restricted for things like stadium purchase?
OK perhaps people will donate to a mural leaving the other funds free for things like sponsoring players and youth team etc.

I think it's great that OxVox have got permission to do this, good work.

Like some others, I am a bit surprised about the way it looks though. I was expecting something a bit more 'yellow' and more stylised than a montage of images. A more polished version of the feel the ultras provided. If it is to be images then they have to be a bit more subtly integrated than just putting one next to the other.

As others have said, not a criticism - but let's put some thought about the design into this as it is going to be a permanent fixture for some time, we don't want to lose the opportunity to do something REALLY good!

Like some others, I am a bit surprised about the way it looks though. I was expecting something a bit more 'yellow' and more stylised than a montage of images. A more polished version of the feel the ultras provided. If it is to be images then they have to be a bit more subtly integrated than just putting one next to the other.

As others have said, not a criticism - but let's put some thought about the design into this as it is going to be a permanent fixture for some time, we don't want to lose the opportunity to do something REALLY good!

well put :)

I think the images have to stand alone as well if they have to be moved due to the proviso for advertising agreed with the stadium company.

good work everyone involved in getting it sorted, but that ‘mock up’ looks shite. As others have said, let’s not waste this chance to really get some yellow and blue into the stadium. Perhaps a local graffiti artist could knock something up?...

I would like to see some China ducks included somewhere. Like the Duckworths had in Corrie

• React
Reactions: m
Great idea and appreciate the effort OxVox have gone to. Just under £1500 raised by 45 people so far so should reach the target quickly.

Great idea and appreciate the effort OxVox have gone to. Just under £1500 raised by 45 people so far so should reach the target quickly.

great effort indeed!
@OxVox is the crowdfunding to pay for all of it or is some of the costs coming directly from the trusts bank account and the crowdfunding a kind of "topup"

Happy to donate the cost of a match ticket in lieu of that odd away game where I just can't be arsed.

Back
Top Bottom