OUFC Football Programme Collection

BeechRoadBokelberg

The time has come for me to offload the majority of my late Dad's football programme collection from the attic.

Everything is orderly in ring binders by season with OUFC programmes from 1963 to when he decided to stop collecting them in 2012!

Additionally there are Borussia Monchengladbach programmes from 1977 - 1988 and half a dozen folders of miscellaneous programmes earliest dated 1945 - 2005 šŸ˜³

Firstly, I was wondering if anyone had the contact details of the guy who use to collect programmes at the Quadrangle entrance? Id hope to give away some to him if that's something he still does.

Also, I was wondering if anyone on here had experience in selling football programmes and if there's any good auction sites online or knew of any sports auctioneers I could take them to?

They'll be certain small bits I want to keep ie Milk Cup run programmes and maybe early days stuff worth keeping? but the majority has to go unfortunately due to having no room for it!

Thanks in advance šŸ‘šŸ»

The time has come for me to offload the majority of my late Dad's football programme collection from the attic.

Everything is orderly in ring binders by season with OUFC programmes from 1963 to when he decided to stop collecting them in 2012!

Additionally there are Borussia Monchengladbach programmes from 1977 - 1988 and half a dozen folders of miscellaneous programmes earliest dated 1945 - 2005 šŸ˜³

Firstly, I was wondering if anyone had the contact details of the guy who use to collect programmes at the Quadrangle entrance? Id hope to give away some to him if that's something he still does.

Also, I was wondering if anyone on here had experience in selling football programmes and if there's any good auction sites online or knew of any sports auctioneers I could take them to?

They'll be certain small bits I want to keep ie Milk Cup run programmes and maybe early days stuff worth keeping? but the majority has to go unfortunately due to having no room for it!

Michael North I think is the fella you mean? ..... sorry I don't have contact details for him, but he's usually at the Quadrangle on match days, also he often has a stall at CPF at OUWFC home games

Michael North is the chap. I used to have his email address, but I can't find it (will PM you if i do).
Before you get rid of anything, please have a look through it all first.
Some pre-season friendly programmes or reserve games or cup games at smaller / lower teams can be quite rare and will fetch reasonable money, whereas most normal league programmes are 10 a penny and won't get you much (those might be better to be sold in bundles).
The programme for Fergusons first match at Man Utd is another of interest that should be sold on its own - dont know if demand has dropped since hes been out of the picture for a while...

Also, the 1970s newspaper ones are worth selling on their own as they can easily get damaged/deteriorate

Michael North is the chap. I used to have his email address, but I can't find it (will PM you if i do).
Before you get rid of anything, please have a look through it all first.
Some pre-season friendly programmes or reserve games or cup games at smaller / lower teams can be quite rare and will fetch reasonable money, whereas most normal league programmes are 10 a penny and won't get you much (those might be better to be sold in bundles).
The programme for Fergusons first match at Man Utd is another of interest that should be sold on its own - dont know if demand has dropped since hes been out of the picture for a while...

Also, the 1970s newspaper ones are worth selling on their own as they can easily get damaged/deteriorate
Thanks for all this Older Shotts! Yes, I intend to go through it all with a fine tooth comb - it's just knowing where to start! There's just loads of it from recent yrs that is worthless.

Yes, the Ferguson programme is in there I'm sure. Also, has all the programmes from the 1986 cup run and our first game ever vs Barrow.

Thanks for all this Older Shotts! Yes, I intend to go through it all with a fine tooth comb - it's just knowing where to start! There's just loads of it from recent yrs that is worthless.

Yes, the Ferguson programme is in there I'm sure. Also, has all the programmes from the 1986 cup run and our first game ever vs Barrow.
Barrow one worth holding onto.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me (probably wont be on here over the weekend though). I ran the OxProgs programme website for 10 years until i got bored and ditched it.. so have some knowledge on stuff..

When my wife told me I decided to get rid of my OUFC programs, I simply turned up at the Quadrangle with two carrier bags full of them.

Probably better if you could give them warning, but they took them anyways......

Barrow one worth holding onto.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me (probably wont be on here over the weekend though). I ran the OxProgs programme website for 10 years until i got bored and ditched it.. so have some knowledge on stuff..
Thanks very much for that. Yes, I'll probably PM you in the coming weeks šŸ‘šŸ»

I used to live close to Mick Brown.
He was happy to have a couple of drinks and take them off my hands. There were two boxes of sixties and seventies worth good money but Iā€™m sure the club benefited well

I managed to sell them on ebay as a bulk lot to a programme collector/seller from Cardiff a couple of weeks back šŸ‘šŸ»

Back
Top Bottom