New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

They've threatened police action, legal action and other nonsense. They are fighting hard and don't expect them to roll over. They are close to the end with only a few options left. They're desperate and the constant misinformation is being repeated ad-infinitum.

This is delaying time now and them hoping for some kind of government or divine intervention. I've been told Middleton has got obsessed with us, he doesn't want to lose to a load of oiks. He'll not walk off into the sunset quietly so be prepared. I'm absolutely fine with him wanting to make any kind of complaint about me personally. I've got more than enough on him and his behavior, I've also spoken to TVP (and have an open crime number for an incident I have not spoken publicly about) and legal representatives for the councils. he can spout but his socials are mixed with his Cllr content and what he claims is his own opinion, key thing here is him commenting on Council, Political and personal views off his socials. He knows he can't actually start naming people or he enters dangerous legal ground.
Thankyou for your hard work Swiss, without people like you IM and Co had free reign to preddle their lies.

Maybe approach Netflix for a Docu-series when this is all over.

Right enough is enough this is absolutely appalling stuff from The Mail
Charlie doesn’t get the courtesy of an interview and there is Middleton all over it. The Mail even say they have contacted both CDC and OUFC for comment but not the actual person who received the letter.
I know many of us have written to the Mail on an individual basis but is there any way we can organise a letter with mass signatures coming from Oxvox or OUSP stating how bias they are in their reporting of the Stadium
Not sure anything could be done by Saturday but at the moment I am so incensed and feel one letter from me does nothing.
Are we able to do this?

I wouldn’t say this is biased reporting in this instance. They have gone to the usual pro-stadium supporter in Cllr Liam Walker and the usual anti-campaigner Cllr Ian Middleton so you could argue there is plenty of balance to it. I don’t know why either of them needed to comment on this, in truth.

What it is though is rushed, get-it-out-there-and-get-people-clicking-and-commenting journalism. The OM is not the only party guilty of this nowadays but the lack of right of response from the person affected by this and the publishing of it without a note of courtesy to say it is going ahead is really lousy.

What doesn't Ian Middleton understand about destinations? If there's no parking and good public transport, you don't drive to that destination, it's as simple as that. How many people drive to Wembley, Stamford Bridge or the Emirates for example? At the worst, fans will drive to their nearest public transport hub and complete the journey by bus or train, which is what I'd have to do as unfortunately the Aylesbury branch of EW rail has been shelved for the moment.

What doesn't Ian Middleton understand about destinations? If there's no parking and good public transport, you don't drive to that destination, it's as simple as that. How many people drive to Wembley, Stamford Bridge or the Emirates for example? At the worst, fans will drive to their nearest public transport hub and complete the journey by bus or train, which is what I'd have to do as unfortunately the Aylesbury branch of EW rail has been shelved for the moment.
He choses to not understand

Just update for everyone, first of all sorry if anyone doesn’t agree with the article or the way it was published. However unfortunately I had been in contact with the Oxford mail over the last few days, we arranged a time for a phone call to discuss the letter and my views on it. Much to my surprise however the reporter I’d been in contact with never got in touch and I’ve woken this morning to find out the article has already been published without any input or dialogue from myself, yet the still find the time to give IM a chance to spin it in his favour!

I haven’t had a chance to read the article yet, how does it come across?

Make a complaint as that is outrageous. And ask if they've seen it as a method to get IM into the paper yet again to say his same old rubbish.

Why does he need to understand something when he knows everything?

• React
Reactions: GRB
Just update for everyone, first of all sorry if anyone doesn’t agree with the article or the way it was published. However unfortunately I had been in contact with the Oxford mail over the last few days, we arranged a time for a phone call to discuss the letter and my views on it. Much to my surprise however the reporter I’d been in contact with never got in touch and I’ve woken this morning to find out the article has already been published without any input or dialogue from myself, yet the still find the time to give IM a chance to spin it in his favour!

I haven’t had a chance to read the article yet, how does it come across?
They contacted OUSP by email ( they have our number and could call), giving less than 2 hours to respond, so they ended up quoting a "statement" of ours from the twitter story.
Liam Walker and Ian Middleton were involved in the original twitter thread, so I assume that's why they were approached. But disgraceful that IM was spoken to and @Bornyellow wasn't. This is internet journalism.

They contacted OUSP by email ( they have our number and could call), giving less than 2 hours to respond, so they ended up quoting a "statement" of ours from the twitter story.
Liam Walker and Ian Middleton were involved in the original twitter thread, so I assume that's why they were approached. But disgraceful that IM was spoken to and @Bornyellow wasn't. This is internet journalism.
I wouldn't even go so far as journalism. Click bait rag.

Some information on East West Rail as it seems to be the Greens angle of attack currently.

It'll be possible to travel by train to the triangle from all over the country thanks to the MK link which will open in 2025.

Screenshot_20240430_123258_Google.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240430_123258_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240430_123258_Google.jpg
    506.6 KB · Views: 7
Here's a reminder, from 3 May 2023, a full year ago, of the "victim" Middleton.

Victoria Campbell
The club say they are being kicked out (after only 20 years or so) but won't provide evidence to back this up. Oxford City Council have remained completely silent and won't confirm if/why they can't compulsorily purchase the site. They probably want it for housing. The County Council has assumed responsibility for some reason for rehousing the club. The club say there's no other small triangle sized pieces of land available anywhere in the County apparently (despite a report indicating otherwise) so Kidlington has to give up one of its last green spaces. All in all, a rather baffling, shambolic and undemocratic process has unfolded.

Colin Barson
You're on a roll today Victoria. More lies from you.
The club have provided evidence to the County Council regarding the licence ending at The Kassam. The club have looked at every and any possible site over the last five years, so again you're wrong in your assertion that there are other available sites. I see that when you know you're cornered, you (like all of your group) revert to the same old "why don't they stay at The Kassam" argument. It's not happening, it can't happen, hence the club are FORCED to look for a new home.
I expect your friend Councillor Middleton will be along soon to back you up, thereby giving further proof to the lie that he is neutral.

Ian Middleton
I'm not getting involved in your distasteful little spats with local residents Colin. You obviously enjoy publicly bullying and berating women online so I'll leave people to draw their own conclusions about that.

But I suppose I will ask why the club would have been looking at other sites for "five years" when I understand they had the option to renew their licence less than 5 years ago but declined to do so.
The Savills report on alternative sites presented to OCC also showed a number of potential locations that don't seem to have been fully explored. Perhaps this is because the report wasn't completed until October last year, 8 months after the club claimed it had looked at every possible other option. As someone who I understand has been involved in this project for "several years" perhaps you could clarify.

Colin Barson
You have got a nerve Councillor Middleton. I have previously posted several facts on this platform, in an attempt to inform people and correct some of the misinformation being posted. Certain posters have clearly demonstrated, however, that they have absolutely no interest in debate.
You do not know me, and I object in the strongest terms to your opening paragraph. You can either delete it, apologise, or if you don't it is YOU that people will be drawing their own conclusions about.

It was on the Nextdoor platform and resulted in me making an official complaint to both CDC and OCC about him. I haven't included the full exchange, and have highlighted his abusive comments toward me. I know I'm preaching to the converted here, but how this guy has the nerve to accuse us of being the abusers when he acts like this is remarkable.

It's also interesting to see that we're STILL having the same circular argument about the licence at The Kassam Stadium a year later. They have got nothing else.
He (wrongly) accuses you of ‘Berating women online’ - IIRC that’s exactly what he has been shown to have done in tweets that have surfaced from his past.

He (wrongly) accuses you of ‘Berating women online’ - IIRC that’s exactly what he has been shown to have done in tweets that have surfaced from his past.
selective memory, among other things, has the Green councillor

He actually said "bullying and berating women online" and he said it as his opening line.

He's a despicable individual who's nowhere near as clever as he thinks he is. He's being found out every time he opens his mouth or goes online.

You can try making a complaint to the Editor of the OM but I wouldn't see it going anywhere.

This is Reach PLC. They're a clickbait factory dressed up as local media.

Indeed. But still registering disgust is worth it. Maybe then also put the letter of complaint on social media as they might respond as well as it appears that is all they look at.

You can try making a complaint to the Editor of the OM but I wouldn't see it going anywhere.

This is Reach PLC. They're a clickbait factory dressed up as local media.

So those the daily story about Jeremy Clarkson are just to get people of click on them and aren't relevant local news???

What a world we live in!

Back
Top Bottom