New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Unsurprisingly IM further fails to do his research. OUFC do invest in the whole county through working with schools, county youth teams, community groups, supporters, supporters teams (like walking football), soccer schools, the Academy etc etc.

We've even used Milton Utd as a training ground after all.
What Middleton says and then what he does are two very different things....

We can go anywhere in Oxfordshire but not too near his house, he has pretty much admitted that twice today, all of his arguments are nonsense he just doesn’t want us near his house.

The strange thing is we are not moving near his house. I grew up nearer to the Manor than he lives to the triangle, he will not even know the games are on.
Greens are Greens until you want to build something near them and they regardless of credentials and common sense become angry lying NIMBYs.

More from IM:
"We need to introduce stronger planning policies to support on shore wind, tidal, wave, solar and geothermal energy schemes and help local planning authorities to make more consistent decisions and to give micro-renewables “permitted development” status."

Will the new stadium not be a micro-renewable? On brighter days it will likely even send power back to the grid. It's actually hard to disagree with some of what IM says, but this should also make it hard for him to disagree on most aspects of the stadium.

Listened to the stadium part from BBC Oxford again.

Looking at the backgrounds of the LibDem's locally and listening to them speak I'm certain now that they've replaced the Tories as the detached-from-reality, unkind, sneering, elitist party.

Listened to the stadium part from BBC Oxford again.

Looking at the backgrounds of the LibDem's locally and listening to them speak I'm certain now that they've replaced the Tories as the detached-from-reality, unkind, sneering, elitist party.
Oxfordshire really is in a different dimension to the rest of the country sometimes.

Last edited:
Strange live he must have. He’s wealthy and got everything a huge number of people who aspire to, but he spends his time being a c**t and meddling in things that won’t affect him.
Get a life Middleton.

Mr Middleton is a nasty and controlling narcissist. I invite you to look at the article below and see how many traits you can tick off on his behalf.

Interesting how it says ‘delay’ not stop. What is the point in mentioning it then as whole point is to stop the stadium if you are an objector, not delay it 🤣 seriously these people are gold. Idiots.

I think they know delaying it and killing the club are the only hope they have now, that’s what they have been and will carry on trying to do.

The Lib Dem/Green alliance is a morals free cartel of posh north Oxford (well near by in some cases as they can’t all afford to live there) nimbys who hate the idea of losing to oilks, they will happily put people out of work to win.

And that's why Reform have overtaken Lib Dems in most national polls.

Back to the subject in hand and the distinct impression I got from the Lib Dem chappy (cutting through all the indecisiveness) was that they know there is virtually no substantial reason why planning permission won't be granted for the stadium and we're now in the realms of t crossing and I dotting to make sure concerns are sufficiently addressed.

Thankfully and rightly, planning committees are not simply allowed to do an Andy Pipkin and say "don't like it".

They all know this and so it is the peripheral details that are now being addressed, not the building of the ground itself.

That's my take anyway....hope I'm right!
Planning committees can behave pretty outrageously and play the 'elected representatives of the people telling it like it is' card but if they ignore professional planning officer's guidance, or stray too far from the local plan they can't get away with it these days (most of the time) because public scrutiny online so much higher than even ten years ago. The worst behaviour tends to be during 'closed' parts of the session if things like commercial confidentiality mean the public are excluded. Here oufc will presumably say that no such confidentiality should be in play

Interesting how it says ‘delay’ not stop. What is the point in mentioning it then as whole point is to stop the stadium if you are an objector, not delay it 🤣 seriously these people are gold. Idiots.

Note. That slow worms which are a protected species were identified on the Grenoble site before the stadium was built. It didn't stop the build though just extra precautions had to be put in place.

Back
Top Bottom