New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Does anyone closer to planning processes know what happens after the consultation process closes? So lets say the planning process can not be passed due to a certain point not being acceptable, does the club get to rectify that as part of the application? Or does the process start again, more consultation etc. Just wondering how much pain there is to come.

Got mine in finally over the weekend. Have to admit, I tried to go into it with my head and highlight the benefits in the proposal, but the heart took over quite quickly 😅

"I am writing to support the proposals for a new stadium on the Triangle site. As a Brackley resident, the new site allows me to very easily get to and from the stadium via public transport thanks to the excellent train links from Bicester to Oxford Parkway. Currently it takes me around 3 hours to travel via public transport to the Kassam Stadium, despite it only being 28 miles from my home. Naturally this is untenable and so car is the only option. The public transport links to the Kassam are poor and encourages fans to drive - the Kassam is currently one of the worst stadiums in the country in terms of accessibility via public transport. The new site would be in the top 3 best stadiums in the country in terms of accessibility via public transport, and would naturally encourage all fans, home and away, to utilise the excellent travel options.

What concerns me the most, however, is the damage that could be caused by the stadium not being given the go ahead. Make no mistake, if the stadium is denied, Oxford United WILL fold. No stadium = no club. Whilst the continued existence of a 130 year old Oxfordshire institute may not matter to a few, it matters a great deal to many. It's not just about football. It's about togetherness, it's about community, it's about having a home.

It would not be an exaggeration to say that OUFC saved my life. In 2010 I was in the midst of a mental health crisis. I suffered from crippling depression and anxiety, and had attempted to take my life on more than one occasion. On May 16th 2010, Oxford United were set to play at Wembley in the Conference playoff final. I had decided that this would be my last hurrah. One last experience before I go. But that's not what happened. Instead, I sat among 30,000 fellow yellows watching that third goal go in, and for the first time in 2 years I felt genuine peace and happiness. I felt I belonged. That day, this club, those fans - they showed me why life was worth living and despite planning to take my life after that final, instead I did not attempt again. 14 years later I could not be more thankful for that day, and I cannot wait to take my two children to the first game at the Triangle to show them how important and how special this club is.

This is what is at risk of being lost if the stadium is not given the go ahead. This isn't about politics, this is about saving the life of a special football club - the way it once saved mine. I implore you to give the stadium the go ahead, save my club and save one of the biggest and best institutions in Oxfordshire."
Well written and I hope you’re now all ok 👍

Disappointed that the FA cup has taken precedence over the future of OUFC.
No, it hasn't. I'm getting fed up of reading "Why are we making the FA Cup more important than our future". No one is, it's not a competition and they aren't relevant to one another. It is possible to tackle important issues entirely separately...

I made a quick banner to highlight the FA Cup issue on TV, it took me no time at all. No one asked me, I didn't even plan it in advance.

For every person complaining about the FA Cup banner, what did you contribute to get the stadium issue on TV? Any posters, banners, leaflets, flags? Or just leave it for someone else to do then complain when no one does?

No, it hasn't. I'm getting fed up of reading "Why are we making the FA Cup more important than our future". No one is, it's not a competition and they aren't relevant to one another. It is possible to tackle important issues entirely separately...

I made a quick banner to highlight the FA Cup issue on TV, it took me no time at all. No one asked me, I didn't even plan it in advance.

For every person complaining about the FA Cup banner, what did you contribute to get the stadium issue on TV? Any posters, banners, leaflets, flags? Or just leave it for someone else to do then complain when no one does?
which demonstrates just how quickly a banner can be created if there's the will and the inclination

well done @WuTang - the spirit of the Ultras lives on

Back
Top Bottom