New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

And rightly so. You don't play politics with the only professional football club in the county and it's supporters.
If they actually thought this through they would know that if they get their way and CDC decide to say no. OUFC would appeal it would then go to Government. The Government are in the process of putting a bill through Parliament to protect Football Clubs from unscrupulous owners because they are a community asset. This bill has the support of Conservative and Labour MP’s so it will get passed.
With this in mind no Government will allow the original decision to stand
Obviously we will then be delayed but we will get the go ahead.

Last edited:
If they actually thought this through they would know that if they get their way and CDC decide to say no. OUFC would appeal it would then go to Government. The Government are in the process of putting a bill through Parliament to protect Football Clubs from unscrupulous owners because they are a community asset. This bill has the support of Conservative and Labour MP’s so it will get passed.
With this in mind no Government will reverse the decision.
Obviously we will then be delayed but we will get the go ahead.
They think the NIMBY vote means success. It does not.

OUFC are not a faceless corporation. It is a community asset that plays a major part on thousands of people's lives.

The bit you really want to read Screenshot_20240409-182254~2.png

The club isn't staying at The Kassam Stadium past 2026. This should be front page news in the Oxford Mail.

It makes you wonder wether Kassam really said yes to the club staying past 2026 or his words were taken out of context by Albert Tait

The bit you really want to read View attachment 18788

The club isn't staying at The Kassam Stadium past 2026. This should be front page news in the Oxford Mail.

It makes you wonder wether Kassam really said yes to the club staying past 2026 or his words were taken out of context by Albert Tait
It definately should ... it wont though, bollocksto OM I say, the news section are as biased and as anti OUFC as Chester V and his chums are

The bit you really want to read View attachment 18788

Pretty damn convincing isn't it and Middleton has been in all these meetings he's named on the responses list along with a Judy Webb which is what I was looking for 🤣

Pretty damn convincing isn't it and Middleton has been in all these meetings he's named on the responses list along with a Judy Webb which is what I was looking for 🤣
Lying crooks the pair of them. Fuelled by self interest.

OUFC staying at the Kassam Stadium is not happening. Grant planning permission in June. Ensure our clubs future.

Build. The. Stadium.

Looks like they have bitten on the OUFC can stay myth as well sadly.

They want us to reapply? FFS. We are getting kicked out in 2 years. We don't have time for that.

Banging on the environment yet they damn well know a groundshare and unnecessary journeys will occur due to that.

Idiots.

Last edited:
Looks like they have bitten on the OUFC can stay myth as well sadly.

They want us to reapply? FFS. We are getting kicked out in 2 years. We don't have time for that.

Banging on the environment yet they damn well know a groundshare and unnecessary journeys will occur due to that.

Idiots.
The traffic modeling is done to national standards this north Oxford modeling is in addition to that as stated by cdc it doesn't stop the application these people who claim they are experts should really know better and learn to read

The traffic modeling is done to national standards this north Oxford modeling is in addition to that as stated by cdc it doesn't stop the application these people who claim they are experts should really know better and learn to read
It's mad to think these are seemingly intelligent people.

I emailed prospective City Councillor standing for Labour James Taylor ( May 2 local elections- sitting councillor is Lib Dem btw) for his views regarding the stadium on the Triangle, despite city councillors having no direct input... his reply..

Yes, this is a very important issue to me, and you’re not the first local resident to contact me about it. I am supportive of the proposed new stadium in Kidlington, and am disappointed at the opposition we’ve seen.

Some of our local members are very involved in the push for the stadium, and it’s something we’ve been able to support despite not having any direct control over.

Thanks for contacting me,

James

Last edited:
I emailed prospective City Councillor standing for Labour James Taylor ( May 2 local elections- sitting councillor is Lid Dem btw) for his views regarding the stadium on the Triangle, despite city councillors having no direct input... his reply..

Yes, this is a very important issue to me, and you’re not the first local resident to contact me about it. I am supportive of the proposed new stadium in Kidlington, and am disappointed at the opposition we’ve seen.

Some of our local members are very involved in the push for the stadium, and it’s something we’ve been able to support despite not having any direct control over.

James

I emailed prospective City Councillor standing for Labour James Taylor ( May 2 local elections- sitting councillor is Lid Dem btw) for his views regarding the stadium on the Triangle, despite city councillors having no direct input... his reply..

James

Sounds like that You’ve Got a Friend with him, Sarge.

I spoke with a Labour canvasser at the door last week for my ward (Temple Cowley) and brought up the stadium. They said their position was supportive of what the club wants to do so we can reliably call upon Labour at all levels to be behind the club. Not a great shock there.

I had the briefest of responses from Cllr Duncan Enright at OCC in response to my email regarding the HoT. He said I raised ‘good points’. Maybe some of those within OCC aren’t privy to everything (no one wants to share anything with Middleton because he’s a kn0b after all) or they all know a lot more than they let on …

Back
Top Bottom