New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Had leaflet through the door from the Labour candidate for the election on 2nd May he is a oufc season ticket holder.Like others have said we need to keep away from Lib Dem and Greens.

Where would I find out who is running to be elected in my area? I'm under Layla Moron ( I misspelt that intentionally) at the moment in the Oxford West and Abingdon area.

Where would I find out who is running to be elected in my area? I'm under Layla Moron ( I misspelt that intentionally) at the moment in the Oxford West and Abingdon area.
She isnt standing in the local elections May 2nd - you'd need to check who your local candidates are for may 2nd

Last edited:
She isnt standing in the local elections May 2nd - you'd need to check who your local candidates ate for may 2nd

Oh I thought because the area was changing with Kidlington moving from our area into the new Bicester one we would have a vote of who runs what. I guess I will have to wait for the general election as there isn't a local election here apparently.

I can only vote for a Police and Crime Commissioner for Thames Valley.

Unfortunately it's a copy and paste job got the same email back View attachment 18684

It was always going to be a standard response. People sending emails could push the Cabinet forward in the process though (or it may not). It is certainly makes it more public as well if people send in responses as people will talk about it and it could affect voting down the line.

I don't drive past the Triangle very often but i did today and i can't believe there's not an Aldi or a Lidl there already or god forbid, a Chavelodge ....the Superior North Oxford Bougeois Set (see what i did there) should be careful what they wish for cos if not a stadium then sure as eggs are eggs there will be something built there...sorry SNOBS it probably won't be a Waitrose

I don't drive past the Triangle very often but i did today and i can't believe there's not an Aldi or a Lidl there already or god forbid, a Chavelodge ....the Superior North Oxford Bougeois Set (see what i did there) should be careful what they wish for cos if not a stadium then sure as eggs are eggs there will be something built there...sorry SNOBS it probably won't be a Waitrose
Or worse, houses!

Apparently the latest Yougov opinion has Labour 1 point ahead of Tories in North Oxon seat and Tories winning in Bicester and Woodstock.

We're in traditionally strong Tory constituencies with huge existing majorities. But I wouldn't be surprised to see a much stronger Labour showing that will see them winning Banbury with a bit to spare, and a genuine 3 way fight between Con/Lab/LDem in Bicester and Woodstock.

Exeter hall 😉

We're in traditionally strong Tory constituencies with huge existing majorities. But I wouldn't be surprised to see a much stronger Labour showing that will see them winning Banbury with a bit to spare, and a genuine 3 way fight between Con/Lab/LDem in Bicester and Woodstock.
Lib Dem’s won’t win the Bicester/Woodstock seat scotch. They will get votes but not enough to win the election in this constituency, it’s too heavily populated with OUFC fans. Miller has missed a trick as if he actually sorted out the heads of terms and actually backed the stadium plan, he would probably win in Bicester and Woodstock, as it is, I think it will be tories of Labour, either of which would be fine for the stadium cause in my view.

Lib Dem’s won’t win the Bicester/Woodstock seat scotch. They will get votes but not enough to win the election in this constituency, it’s too heavily populated with OUFC fans. Miller has missed a trick as if he actually sorted out the heads of terms and actually backed the stadium plan, he would probably win in Bicester and Woodstock, as it is, I think it will be tories of Labour, either of which would be fine for the stadium cause in my view.

This ^

I bet we see Veronica Oakeshott at a match before the end of the season...

This was the YouGov opinion poll published this week. I think the Bicester seat is going to be the subject of national attention, there can’t be many seats where all three parties have a genuine shout. It would seem we need to decide if we’re back the Labour or Tory candidate. Splitting between the two risks letting Miller in.
IMG_6334.jpeg

Has there been much publicity yet in Bicester surrounding the election and the stadium? Just thinking how many of those Oxford fans living there would tie the 2 things together if they do vote.

Fusion power wouldn't produce any waste and could potentially solve all energy problems across the world, but there sure as hell will be someone who won't want it near them.
A certain Green councillor seeing as it'll literally be on his doorstep

Bloody hell, they don't want reservoirs, wind turbines, solar panels, phone masts, pylons, roads, railways, airports, house's, oil, gas, coal, no farming, no fishing. Etc, etc......
Mmmmm yeah right.......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom