New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Know not opposing but I had heard they haven’t a case for a judicial review and it was one of the reasons that parking wasn’t being spoken about. Now that maybe a lot of tosh I don’t know but certainly I’m sure the developers are looking to minimise as much as possible to give the Steve Hills of this world no ammunition to fire at us.
Steveopedia (& co) dont need any ammunition, they make up what ever suits their agenda and claim it as fact, yet when challenged to provide any proof they go silent on the subject

I agree it was something I had read or heard as regard parking there will be plenary as we already know, I think possibly on street parking in Kidlington might be the contentious issue, but as we all know there will be a CPZ in place and only idiots will park and pay the extra in parking fines.

Again it's not illegal to park on a street as long as you are not obstructing the road or blocking any driveways . Kidlington residents aren't any different to residents from any other part of the country. They do not own the road outside their home.

But it will be permit holders only in Kidlington so I'm not sure what they are worrying about. It won't cost them anything, they get guest permits if they have a visitor, deliveries can still happen during the game.

With Littlemore, Greater Leys and BBL zones some people do try their luck due to lack of parking and lack of other transport options at the Kassam. The triangle will not attract the same number of cars trying to park.

Off the top of my head 2hrs 50mins

2 1/4 hours up and almost 3 hours back Wells to Kidlington on Sunday by car.

Could be even quicker if they ran a football special train from Didcot, Appleford, Culham, Radley, City Centre to the park way. I know it's different lines but it should be possible to switch lines in the city if they wanted to.

Could be even quicker if they ran a football special train from Didcot, Appleford, Culham, Radley, City Centre to the park way. I know it's different lines but it should be possible to switch lines in the city if they wanted to.
Not that hard at all. Just use a different platform at Oxford Station.

Often when railtours visit Oxford they use Oxford Parkway sidings to stable the coaching stock.

Again it's not illegal to park on a street as long as you are not obstructing the road or blocking any driveways . Kidlington residents aren't any different to residents from any other part of the country. They do not own the road outside their home.

But it will be permit holders only in Kidlington so I'm not sure what they are worrying about. It won't cost them anything, they get guest permits if they have a visitor, deliveries can still happen during the game.

With Littlemore, Greater Leys and BBL zones some people do try their luck due to lack of parking and lack of other transport options at the Kassam. The triangle will not attract the same number of cars trying to park.
Some of them are under the illusion that they will have to pay for the parking scheme. Is this the case in Greater Leys?

Some of them are under the illusion that they will have to pay for the parking scheme. Is this the case in Greater Leys?
No - not for the matchday only CPZ's ( which are in Greater Leys and Knights rd area of BBLeys)

Where CPZ's are in place, ( between 8.30/9am and 5/5.30pm Monday to Friday) in Oxford City council areas , its approx £60 per year, per vehicle parked on the road between those times

Odd that they're complaining about paying to park.

There's nothing I wouldn't pay to park in such a quintessentially quaint English village.

There's nothing I wouldn't pay to park in such a quintessentially quaint English village.

Surprised such a quaint village even allows cars, I imagined everyone still travelled by horse and cart.

Seems the Daily Fail editor didn't get the memo on Kidlington's quaintness

Screenshot_20240320-152022~2.png

Back
Top Bottom