New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

So Oxfordshire is going to miss out on a great leisure facility ???
There isn't much in Oxon for leisure apart from walks ....Oxonians have to travel miles to any major leisure attractions so surely a decent football stadium isn't too much to ask for is it.
(Sorry just realised you weren’t talking about GW 🤣)
And here lies the problem.

Everyone thinks it’s like that place in Bracknell, go for a few hours wave machine , flumes etc

It isn’t, think of Centre Parcs (with just the water bits and restaurants and hotel rooms) and that’s what Great Wolf is and for the Bicester Village clients.

Just like butlins or Centre Parcs you either stay Friday to Monday or Monday to Friday.

Day passes maybe available to locals at £50 when not at capacity (ie likely mid week)

Tbh I wasn’t overly against it (wife was) although I always thought the biggest disruptions would be the roads (it was as that’s the bit the have done)

If built you will see more traffic’s at changeovers but they are during the working day.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Oxfordshire is going to miss out on a great leisure facility ???
There isn't much in Oxon for leisure apart from walks ....Oxonians have to travel miles to any major leisure attractions so surely a decent football stadium isn't too much to ask for is it.
When you've got Fellow Oxford Snobs & Busybodies trying to ruin fun for everyone, what hope does the county have?

It's like they want the county for rich people who are over the age of 40 only.

Last edited by a moderator:
That makes the triangle look like ???? Well I leave it to you lot what to think..

Shame about the original Stratfield brake plan ,is all I say..... Could of incorporated the nature trails woodland & canal & lakes that Stratfield has got.....

Last edited:
That’s why I think the club have kept reasonably quiet about the parking because of a possible judicial review

What more do the club need to say on parking?

There is a car park in the plans next to the stadium that will be for all staff on match days.

There is Oxford park way across the road offering over 1000 spaces

Peartree p&r is only a 10/15 minute walk or a short shuttle bus away with another 1000 available spaces

There is more parking available near by than there is at the Kassam.

Add in the train station directly opposite the stadium and the Oxford road being a main bus route.

There is a car park in the plans next to the stadium that will be for all staff on match days.

Peartree p&r is only a 10/15 minute walk or a short shuttle bus away with another 1000 available spaces

Add in the train station directly opposite the stadium and the Oxford road being a main bus route.
Plus ... assuming ( and it is an assumption) There is a shuttle bus link from (and back to) the existing park and rides as well as the built by 2026 new Eynsham P&R to Parkway

along with OBC /Oxford Tube buses providing buses /additional buses on matchdays ( 700 for instance)
its unlikely there will actually be that much in the way of parking issues on top of what there already is now in Kidlington

Plus ... assuming ( and it is an assumption) There is a shuttle bus link from (and back to) the existing park and rides as well as the built by 2026 new Eynsham P&R to Parkway

along with OBC /Oxford Tube buses providing buses /additional buses on matchdays ( 700 for instance)
its unlikely there will actually be that much in the way of parking issues on top of what there already is now in Kidlington

I will be ditching the car when we move to the new stadium, only reason I don't at the moment is the Kassam is not an inviting place to get to early or hang around after and is so inaccessible by public transport.

The triangle opens up alot more options.

I can cycle to Culham or Radley train stations, board a train to the city centre, swap over to a train to the Parkway.

I can get the X3 from Abingdon town centre which is a 10 minute walk from my house to St Aldates, walk through Carfax and get the Kidlington bus at Magdalen street to the triangle.

Football special busses already running from Abingdon and probably will increase frequency with more demand. Would be better if 2 ran half an hour apart.

I certainly won't be parking in Kidlington or pissing in someone's front garden on the way to the ground 😂

I will be ditching the car when we move to the new stadium, only reason I don't at the moment is the Kassam is not an inviting place to get to early or hang around after and is so inaccessible by public transport.

The triangle opens up alot more options.

I can cycle to Culham or Radley train stations, board a train to the city centre, swap over to a train to the Parkway.

I can get the X3 from Abingdon town centre which is a 10 minute walk from my house to St Aldates, walk through Carfax and get the Kidlington bus at Magdalen street to the triangle.

Football special busses already running from Abingdon and probably will increase frequency with more demand. Would be better if 2 ran half an hour apart.

I certainly won't be parking in Kidlington or pissing in someone's front garden on the way to the ground 😂
Already trialled mine
Wells - Bristol. Bus
Bristol - Didcot. Train
Didcot - Oxford Train
Oxford - Oxford parkway Train

Opposing opinions.
Know not opposing but I had heard they haven’t a case for a judicial review and it was one of the reasons that parking wasn’t being spoken about. Now that maybe a lot of tosh I don’t know but certainly I’m sure the developers are looking to minimise as much as possible to give the Steve Hills of this world no ammunition to fire at us.

I agree it was something I had read or heard as regard parking there will be plenary as we already know, I think possibly on street parking in Kidlington might be the contentious issue, but as we all know there will be a CPZ in place and only idiots will park and pay the extra in parking fines.

Back
Top Bottom