New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Always remember my first time in the London rd I asked the bloke behind me where the toilets were he said to me "just P**s in the pocket of the bloke in front of you" I said "you can't do that" he replied "well you didn't notice" 🤣🤣
And now you'll be upgrading to pissing in a Kidlington residents garden! How times have changed!

For me, the smell i always associate with the Manor is Liniment from the players and officials entrance underneath the Beech Road stand
The Manor was special. I always fondly remember whenever a player was injured, Ken Fish sprinting on with his magic sponge. No matter what or where the injury was, a rub of that cold wet dirty sponge on the injured area and in the face, and the player was soon back on his feet.

So many great memories and happy days from our original home. In my view the new stadium should be called The New Manor.

IMO, Kassam wants the land for housing. If OUFC were to stay at the crumbling mess even on a short term period, the Triangle could be used for housing, I’m sure Steve would want the low cost housing kept at Grenoble Road rather than Kidlington. If housing were to go up at the Triangle, Stratfield Brake would soon be to follow. Be careful what you wish for.

Also, can he suggest, where there is a suitable parcel of land available, with transport links that is close to Oxford.

IMO, Kassam wants the land for housing. If OUFC were to stay at the crumbling mess even on a short term period, the Triangle could be used for housing, I’m sure Steve would want the low cost housing kept at Grenoble Road rather than Kidlington. If housing were to go up at the Triangle, Stratfield Brake would soon be to follow. Be careful what you wish for.

Also, can he suggest, where there is a suitable parcel of land available, with transport links that is close to Oxford.
He kept suggesting a bit of land next to the M40 junction 9. He's got it in his head that OUFC can play anywhere in the county as FGR are moving away from Nailsworth. He's also quite keen on the idea of us groundsharing away from the county (I said to him Wycombe would be the nearest option) but ultimately he thinks we can stay at the Kassam stadium beyond 2026.

I don't think he's all there, to be truly honest. However if you do wish to join the debate, this is where it's taking place. You won't get very far with him, he thinks rather highly of himself.

He kept suggesting a bit of land next to the M40 junction 9. He's got it in his head that OUFC can play anywhere in the county as FGR are moving away from Nailsworth. He's also quite keen on the idea of us groundsharing away from the county (I said to him Wycombe would be the nearest option) but ultimately he thinks we can stay at the Kassam stadium beyond 2026.

I don't think he's all there, to be truly honest. However if you do wish to join the debate, this is where it's taking place. You won't get very far with him, he thinks rather highly of himself.
Tackley Steve constantly rants while contradicting himself- how does he find time to earn £1000 an hour as well as pontificate on social media simultaneously?

The other day I found myself missing the walk to the London Road bogs when you were desperate for a P**s, the toilets themselves and most bizarrely the chips they used to sell drowning in salt and vinegar and the bookies that would take your bet at 12 years old, not certain these things were that enjoyable at the time, well the bookies was but the rest wouldn’t pass muster today. So some of the memories are sepia tinged nostalgia.

But when it was good there It was very good, would give pretty much anything for one last big night game under the lights there, the tension and excitement just seemed something else.
Nowhere quite like the Manor for a cup game under floodlights. Times change though...and the chance of a midweek replay in the FA cup is something the premier league have eroded and the league cup has diminished again due again to the Premier league and obsession with being a closed shop on European competition places

Tackley Steve constantly rants while contradicting himself- how does he find time to earn £1000 an hour as well as pontificate on social media simultaneously?
He certainly does. Yesterday he firstly said he wants OUFC to do well. Then a few hours later he said he doesn't give a damn if OUFC fold.

He certainly does. Yesterday he firstly said he wants OUFC to do well. Then a few hours later he said he doesn't give a damn if OUFC fold.

The pleb should concentrate on the guitars and leave what is good for Oxfordshire to us residents that actually were born here!

The pleb should concentrate on the guitars and leave what is good for Oxfordshire to us residents that actually were born here!
Exactly, like many FOSB members, he is not originally from Oxfordshire yet thinks it's acceptable to dictate the future of our football club.

Oh wait he said it's not our club. It's the shareholders club. Another classic Tackley Steve quote.

Exactly, like many FOSB members, he is not originally from Oxfordshire yet thinks it's acceptable to dictate the future of our football club.

Oh wait he said it's not our club. It's the shareholders club. Another classic Tackley Steve quote.
he has claimed FoSB has 500 members , given his claimed hourly earnings, I don't think mathematics is his strong point

The other day I found myself missing the walk to the London Road bogs when you were desperate for a P**s, the toilets themselves and most bizarrely the chips they used to sell drowning in salt and vinegar and the bookies that would take your bet at 12 years old, not certain these things were that enjoyable at the time, well the bookies was but the rest wouldn’t pass muster today. So some of the memories are sepia tinged nostalgia.

But when it was good there It was very good, would give pretty much anything for one last big night game under the lights there, the tension and excitement just seemed something else.
are you sure that was salt and vinegar or the P**s coming down the back of the London Road from the people who didn't walk down to the toilets?

are you sure that was salt and vinegar or the P**s coming down the back of the London Road from the people who didn't walk down to the toilets?
Ah yes...playing "dodge the P**s", cascading down the LRT at half time was a rite of passage for many youngsters back then. :ROFLMAO:

Got to say I have never felt more connected to Oxford, either as a city, a club or a people, than I did when walking up those steps onto a packed out London Road Terrace. And I feel very privileged to have experienced it from the mid 80's to when we left. . . never to be forgotten. Many of us will have fallen in love with OUFC as a result of it and whatever we do with our new home, lets make sure it recreates (as far as it can) that buzz for future generations.

The bit of land off junction 9 has already been snapped up by some tech company. in any case we are only allowed to move a certain distance from the Kassam, according to one of the boards at the exhibition.

The bit of land off junction 9 has already been snapped up by some tech company. in any case we are only allowed to move a certain distance from the Kassam, according to one of the boards at the exhibition.
He's claiming that because FGR are moving 7.7 miles from Nailsworth we can do the same.

He's a tin foil hat wearing consipiracy addict. I'm challenging him directly and he melts away. usual FOSB tactic of bleating out something colourful then hiding when put under pressure.

They have nothing to go on other than they're entitled nimbies. They need to embrace that rather than make up all the nonsense. Really devalues their opinions.

Back
Top Bottom