New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Cllr Middleton, who is opposed to the county council leasing the Triangle to the football club, said the land is “an important local feature” of the Kidlington Gap.

At f*****g last. At least the whole 'cautiously neutral' B*****s is well and truly over. You and Fiona won't be anywhere near the Planning Committee with that predetermined attitude, Ian.

I work with a West Oxfordshire District councillor and we had a long chat about the stadium project yesterday. I showed him details of what Mawson and Middleton have been saying and he confirmed they'll be allowed no say (or certainly shouldn't have) in the final decision due to the stance they've already shown. He also said he'd had plenty of dealings with Middleton and I think it's fair to say he doesn't think much of him.

Somebody needs to tell the police, it isn't a great deal different from our current ground in terms of one way in, one way out.
And 20 years on I still don't understand why people are turning up at the kassam just as everyone is leaving either get there earlier or get there later

I work with a West Oxfordshire District councillor and we had a long chat about the stadium project yesterday. I showed him details of what Mawson and Middleton have been saying and he confirmed they'll be allowed no say (or certainly shouldn't have) in the final decision due to the stance they've already shown. He also said he'd had plenty of dealings with Middleton and I think it's fair to say he doesn't think much of him.
My shock at that last bit does anyone at all have anything good to say about him

Not only that, we will also litter the area, before randomly running across the road in front of traffic...

View attachment 15918

Unless of course TVP were saying we would be the litter just by being there...

On the topic of litter, however, I'm sure the club would have plans to combat this anyway as part of the application process.
hmmmm, monorail time linking stadium to parkway and .........beyond :cool:

giphy.gif

Whatever the design is, can we please make sure there’s some kind of stand/wall blocking the westerly winds that we’ve had to endure at the Kassam!

Good grief. I hope we dont go for some wooden monstrosity. Wood? Surely that wont last? and have we learnt nothing from Valley Parade?
You'll be surprised, modern timber structures when treated properly are incredibly fire resistant, offer great load bearing capacity and durability in the long term.

Much lower carbon footprint to build also when factoring in how terrible steel works are for the environment.

Would go a long way in helping the net zero requirements.

Last edited:
I can't get excited, just quite yet.
I remember being absolutely gutted we had to leave the manor.
I was excited about moving to minchery farm , only to see work stop, & watch a rotting stadium for years...
Then only too see a three sided unfinished breeze block done on the cheap, without all the specifications & original plans..
I will only get excited when I see it for real & inside the stadium cheering on the U's.

I can't get excited, just quite yet.
I remember being absolutely gutted we had to leave the manor.
I was excited about moving to minchery farm , only to see work stop, & watch a rotting stadium for years...
Then only too see a three sided unfinished breeze block done on the cheap, without all the specifications & original plans..
I will only get excited when I see it for real & inside the stadium cheering on the U's.
I'm the same, although I have much more confidence in our current ownership compared to that of the past. The club is on the up and we're an attractive proposition. Compare that to OUFC in the late 90s and it gives me a good deal of optimism.

The architects we're using have experience with small triangular plots:

Maybe I'm alone in thinking this, but I think the Brentford ground looks a bit numb from the outside, I hope we can do better in terms of its visual appearance.

That’s reassuring to hear. I heard the club would put in a word to ensure those two wouldn’t be anywhere near any decision making position. I’ll believe it when I see it though. I’m more keen to find out if one of the many investigations into IM bears fruit in the meantime.

I don’t know if we need another hearts and minds campaign to CDC now, especially Planning Committee members (well, once plans are released). The antis are getting all their comments and crayon-written reports onto the planning platform. Shouldn’t we as fans be doing the same?

As an aside, why are FOSB a consultee to this development but OxVox and/or OUSP aren’t?

@unification I take it the mods didn't like our conversation on nextdoor it seems it's been taken out but I haven't had a notification to say it's been removed

I'd imagine that the stadium will not be some sort of flashy, multicolour light up affair. For both environmental and planning reasons (not to mention taste!).

I have to say that as long as it's ours, built to a very high standard, embodies the highest environmental standards possible and cannot be divorced from the land upon which it stands, whether it makes some grand 'design statement' on the outside or not wouldn't bother me much. I am more interested in the inside - especially how close the stands are to the pitch and how much legroom there is!

I'd imagine that the stadium will not be some sort of flashy, multicolour light up affair. For both environmental and planning reasons (not to mention taste!).

I have to say that as long as it's ours, built to a very high standard, embodies the highest environmental standards possible and cannot be divorced from the land upon which it stands, whether it makes some grand 'design statement' on the outside or not wouldn't bother me much. I am more interested in the inside - especially how close the stands are to the pitch and how much legroom there is!
So you liked FoSBs plans then :ROFLMAO:

@unification I take it the mods didn't like our conversation on nextdoor it seems it's been taken out but I haven't had a notification to say it's been removed

Oh well. Fun while it lasted. We know he’s been looking still then. Hi Ian 😘.

I’ve given it an edit to make it tad less confrontational.

Last edited:
Morning everyone. Last time I'll do this (other than retrospectively updating this specific post, if needed) as I don't wish to spam the thread, but a final update below on those who have confirmed they've gone back to other fans to update, thank and, prepare them for further engagement on latest stadium developments.

If you are still liaising with away fans more generally (as I continue to do), you might also want to consider sharing with them the link to new stadium plans when they become available on 9 October - again, that will be helpful in keeping them updated and more likely to engage again in the coming months when further consultation takes place, led by CDC.

As ever, some suggested template copy for now, if you are able to get back in touch via their Forums and haven't had a chance yet. Thanks as ever.

“Just getting back in touch to say that Oxford United were successful in gaining approval for land to be leased to the club for a new stadium before we become homeless in 2026. There will be further big battles to come once planning is submitted in the coming months - and I may be back to ask for some further support for the stadium plans at that point - but I just wanted to say a massive THANK YOU to everyone who took the time to support our club. The football community is a genuine community and your support for our club at its time of need is massively appreciated. Thank you once again and best of luck for the rest of this season.”

Championship
League One
League Two
Others

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom