New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

I think and hope the design will be unique.

The triangular piece of land, the space available and environmental build aspirations will dictate to some extent what can be achieved.

What could and would have been proposed at Stratfield Brake will be very different to the triangle.

Really looking forward to see what the architects come up with. It will be light years ahead of the souless Kassam.

I think and hope the design will be unique.

The triangular piece of land, the space available and environmental build aspirations will dictate to some extent what can be achieved.

What could and would have been proposed at Stratfield Brake will be very different to the triangle.

Really looking forward to see what the architects come up with. It will be light years ahead of the souless Kassam.

The architects we're using have experience with small triangular plots:

This reminds me of that village hall meeting where the council and the designers come in to speak to local kids about designing their new adventure playground.

The kids are drawing rollercoasters, slides designed like dragons, rocket powered merry go rounds. The designers do their thing. The kids are disappointed because there isn't a BMX track on the roof of the big slide. It gets built and everyone is happy.

Middleton sticks his nose in again

If the road needs to be closed it would be for what a max of half an hour and in any case go to many grounds around the country they have road closures in place what's the big deal
just more scare-mongering.

Middleton sticks his nose in again

If the road needs to be closed it would be for what a max of half an hour and in any case go to many grounds around the country they have road closures in place what's the big deal

Cllr Middleton, who is opposed to the county council leasing the Triangle to the football club, said the land is “an important local feature” of the Kidlington Gap.

At f*****g last. At least the whole 'cautiously neutral' B*****s is well and truly over. You and Fiona won't be anywhere near the Planning Committee with that predetermined attitude, Ian.

Regarding the article though, it starts with 'a key road might need to be closed'. That doesn't mean it has to be. All of the visuals I have seen so far have been for a bridge from Parkway to the site and when I attended a stadium event, the people there said that is certainly the aim. It would be costly and require a host of permissions but makes absolute sense to do it for safety purposes, crowd flow operations and traffic flow. I'd be disappointed if it wasn't part of the plans.

Last edited:
Good to see the police's dislike of any demographic that isn't white and middle class is still alive and well.

Fans "will move as they want to and will not follow signposted routes"

Oh jog on TVP.
Not only that, we will also litter the area, before randomly running across the road in front of traffic...

1695974936281.png

Unless of course TVP were saying we would be the litter just by being there...

On the topic of litter, however, I'm sure the club would have plans to combat this anyway as part of the application process.

Cllr Middleton, who is opposed to the county council leasing the Triangle to the football club, said the land is “an important local feature” of the Kidlington Gap.

At f*****g last. At least the whole 'cautiously neutral' B*****s is well and truly over. You and Fiona won't be anywhere near the Planning Committee with that predetermined attitude, Ian.

Regarding the article though, it starts with 'a key road might need to be closed'. That doesn't mean it has to be. All of the visuals I have seen so far have been for a bridge from Parkway to the site and when I attended a stadium event, the people there said that is certainly the aim. It would be costly and require a host of permissions but makes absolute sense to do it for safety purposes, crowd flow operations and traffic flow. I'd be disappointed if it wasn't part of the plans.
Such an important piece of land that no one even knew about it until OUFC came along and not a piece of land that Kidlington residents cared one bit about!
Not only that, we will also litter the area, before randomly running across the road in front of traffic...

View attachment 15918

Unless of course TVP were saying we would be the litter just by being there...

On the topic of litter, however, I'm sure the club would have plans to combat this anyway as part of the application process.
I read it that we were being classed as the litter rather than throwing rubbish on the ground.

All the quotes from that are from responses from councillors, organisations and pressure groups who are largely against the proposals. I find it disappointing that OxVox, OUSP, Kidlington Residents for the Stadium etc haven't taken this opportunity to have their say. All CDC will see is negative responses (with the exception of a few fan responses) which isn't a good start to the planning process.

Good to see the police's dislike of any demographic that isn't white and middle class is still alive and well.

Fans "will move as they want to and will not follow signposted routes"

Oh jog on TVP.

Somebody needs to tell the police, it isn't a great deal different from our current ground in terms of one way in, one way out. This site will be a lot quicker and it won't be people sat in traffic jams doing it.

Very poor from TVP as they will know that fans quickly disperse from the ground bar those in the overflow/fence end car parks.

That also doesn't take account that there may be facilities at the ground that mean people don't all rush away at the same time (ie. a decent bar etc).

Last edited:
This reminds me of that village hall meeting where the council and the designers come in to speak to local kids about designing their new adventure playground.

The kids are drawing rollercoasters, slides designed like dragons, rocket powered merry go rounds. The designers do their thing. The kids are disappointed because there isn't a BMX track on the roof of the big slide. It gets built and everyone is happy.
Yeah , reminds me of looking at the toy section in catalogues in the 70s.
Looking to see what you want for Christmas, I want that one ,I want that, I want those, get to Christmas day & you get knock offs ,imitations, ..
I remember wanting top of the range racing bike , I ended up with a bloody shopper bike .🤣🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom