New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

A long term lease, at a peppercorn rent, with covenants and other conditions, with the County Council, is absolutely the best outcome for the club. It is most certainly not a victory for FOSB, neither have they played any part in it being the ultimate decision of OCC, much as they'd like to spin their defeat in that direction.

It doesn't hamper the current owners development aspirations, as a 250 year lease is as good as a freehold sale in that respect, but what it does do is that it protects the club, in perpetuity, against any future owners that may be less benevolent than the current ones. It means the County Council are invested and involved with the well-being of the club for the duration of the lease.

It's a massive win win.
100% Colin.

A long term lease, at a peppercorn rent, with covenants and other conditions, with the County Council, is absolutely the best outcome for the club. It is most certainly not a victory for FOSB, neither have they played any part in it being the ultimate decision of OCC, much as they'd like to spin their defeat in that direction.

It doesn't hamper the current owners development aspirations, as a 250 year lease is as good as a freehold sale in that respect, but what it does do is that it protects the club, in perpetuity, against any future owners that may be less benevolent than the current ones. It means the County Council are invested and involved with the well-being of the club for the duration of the lease.

It's a massive win win.
Just on this Colin. Do we think one/some of the covenants might prohibit any future sale of the land, to OUFC or anyone else?

My main worry is that the council could sell the land to OUFC in decades time, in what could be painted as a positive move, but in fact the sale would allow any owner of OUFC to acquire the land without protective covenants imposed.

Just on this Colin. Do we think one/some of the covenants might prohibit any future sale of the land, to OUFC or anyone else?

My main worry is that the council could sell the land to OUFC in decades time, in what could be painted as a positive move, but in fact the sale would allow any owner of OUFC to acquire the land without protective covenants imposed.
We'll have to wait for the detail, but it's worth remembering that these covenants etc are being put there to PROTECT the club, not to endanger it in the future, so I can't really see your scenario being all that easy to engineer, and the question remains, why would they do that?

It's right for people to be vigilant, but a meteor might drop out of the sky, so have I wasted money having my roof re-tiled? I'd just chill a bit, and wait for things to pan out, we've had a fantastic result this week, so let's enjoy it for what it is, before coming up with a hundred what ifs.

I doubt under a leasehold arrangement that OCC would want to restrict itself as to how it would deal with the freehold interest in the future. However, it’s unlikely that as the local authority it would dispose of it if it wasn’t in the interest of its OUFC tenant.
Of course It may yet decide to sell the freehold to OUFC at this stage as has been mooted but a number of us are of the view that this would not be the best way forward in protecting the long term position of the club.

Quiet update this afternoon.

Ian Middleton is back but has not only locked his tweets but also been responding in a very different tone on Nextdoor. I would even suggest if he'd have taken this approach from the off, h wouldn't have got anywhere near the flack

Suzanne McIvor has blocked me and others which is frankly her loss. It's fingers in the ears lalala can't hear you time.

Suzanne's pal Tim Green who is secretary of the Friends of Cutteslowe park group {Suzie is Treasurer) has been making odd comments. Nothing interesting just like an old man shouting in the wind "what about that greenbelt"

Tim said that FOSB was a loose gathering of North Oxford friends, which I don't doubt.

After naming Simon Thompson not only as an admin but as a key founder of FOSB he's also gone Uber quiet but more pro stadium views are getting removed for "public Shaming"

Victoria Campbell has not posted anything since the council meeting but the reality is that her husband Trevor, Campbell was behind a lot of her posts.

No update on Middletons behaviour from OCC or Cherwell but I understand a lot of complaints went in and are being investigated.

Ian Middleton is back but has not only locked his tweets but also been responding in a very different tone on Nextdoor. I would even suggest if he'd have taken this approach from the off, h wouldn't have got anywhere near the flack

Suzanne McIvor has blocked me and others which is frankly her loss. It's fingers in the ears lalala can't hear you time.

Suzanne's pal Tim Green who is secretary of the Friends of Cutteslowe park group {Suzie is Treasurer) has been making odd comments. Nothing interesting just like an old man shouting in the wind "what about that greenbelt"

Tim said that FOSB was a loose gathering of North Oxford friends, which I don't doubt.

After naming Simon Thompson not only as an admin but as a key founder of FOSB he's also gone Uber quiet but more pro stadium views are getting removed for "public Shaming"

Victoria Campbell has not posted anything since the council meeting but the reality is that her husband Trevor, Campbell was behind a lot of her posts.

No update on Middletons behaviour from OCC or Cherwell but I understand a lot of complaints went in and are being investigated.
Must admit to laughing out loud to your recent next door post, between Nuclear weapons and badgers ..... FOSB don't stand a chance :)

Out of interest Swiss, what is being said in the posts that are classed as ‘public shaming’?

Don’t 95% of posts by Middleton, Suzie & Vicky coke under public shaming against football fans?!

When it comes to voting at CDC I believe that the Conservative Party run the Council but don’t have an overall majority.
On the Planning Committee I assume that is also the case.
Given that the Labour Party have come out in favour and the Lib Dem’s who held the balance of power at OCC Cabinet have come out in favour I think we should be targeting those Conservative Councillors from the off..I assume any Labour councillors will be on board anyway.
It would appear that only one green councillor on the OCC Cabinet has been against this so far and he was reluctant to say no.
No sure what if any influence these Councillors on the planning committee have but it would be fantastic to have a concerted effort from everyone to get e mails in,especially if you live in the CDC area.
Don’t forget the 3 independent councillors, all from the Bicester West ward, my ward. one Of them, Les Sibley, is on the planning committee.

Out of interest Swiss, what is being said in the posts that are classed as ‘public shaming’?

Don’t 95% of posts by Middleton, Suzie & Vicky coke under public shaming against football fans?!
Yes but then we dont have any moderators so they get away with it.

Back
Top Bottom