New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Two bits and bobs

SummerTown Yellow and Blue bunting - FOSB Ally says its for Art Week and not Oxford United. Bet it stays up to Wembley XD

On the Oxford Mail, they do have good connections with Suzie however, she does know how to work the system. The Mail will print 99% of all letters or emails sent in. They love letters that promote debate.

So if anyone feels the inclination to get content published, they'll print it.

Two bits and bobs

SummerTown Yellow and Blue bunting - FOSB Ally says its for Art Week and not Oxford United. Bet it stays up to Wembley XD

On the Oxford Mail, they do have good connections with Suzie however, she does know how to work the system. The Mail will print 99% of all letters or emails sent in. They love letters that promote debate.

think theres a few on here who would question that @SwissYellow - they failed to print a few of mine, & there's a few others who wrote a number of times to OM and letters went unpublished

Last edited:
Yes, and all OUFC supporters and those that support the new community stadium who are eligible to vote in the new Bicester and Woodstock Constituency at the General Election will be watching very closely too.

Exactly this

What they have to remember is with 30000 plus fans going to Wembley a huge percentage of them will be from the CDC area.

Just think what would those fans do (regardless of the result) if one month you are having a fantastic day out following your club and the next month Green/ Lib Dem Councillors vote not to go ahead with the stadium,putting the very existence of that club at risk?

Now this applies to all areas of Oxfordshire and Layla Moran should tread very carefully because she does not have a huge majority, I have written to tell her this, and she won’t have my vote any longer( to keep the Tories out) but as yet no reply.

Hope the Liberal Democrat’s are watching this thread, or if there are any Lib Dems on this forum ( which I think there are) you should get in touch with your local headquarters fairly urgently.

Also just wanted to say how important this is for the owners of the club. National exposure at Wembley with our end sold out. If they are looking for backers this is a great advert

Last edited:
Exactly this

What they have to remember is with 30000 plus fans going to Wembley a huge percentage of them will be from the CDC area.

Just think what would those fans do (regardless of the result) if one month you are having a fantastic day out following your club and the next month Green/ Lib Dem Councillors vote not to go ahead with the stadium,putting the very existence of that club at risk?

Now this applies to all areas of Oxfordshire and Layla Moran should tread very carefully because she does not have a huge majority, I have written to tell her this, and she won’t have my vote any longer( to keep the Tories out) but as yet no reply.

Hope the Liberal Democrat’s are watching this thread, or if there are any Lib Dems on this forum ( which I think there are) you should get in touch with your local headquarters fairly urgently.

Also just wanted to say how important this is for the owners of the club. National exposure at Wembley with our end sold out. If they are looking for backers this is a great advert

Although she’s not my MP I also wrote to remind her the Lib Dem vote across the whole of Oxfordshire will be negatively affected if the LD/Green alliance continues to drag its heels and deliberately cause unnecessary delays.

Myself and my family are among many, many OUFC and Community Stadium supporters who will be voting in the new Bicester and Woodstock constituency, and we will be watching how events unfold in the next few weeks and months very closely indeed.

Yep and if we nail it fosb are dead

I don’t remember there being any particular issues when we travelled from Oxford Parkway for the Wembley trophy match. For sure a lot of fans all forming an orderly queue, but they arrived across quite a wide timeframe. The issue might be parking for that number of fans which will far exceed what we would ever get for the new stadium. I’m hoping Mrs YR will drop me off at the station, that will free up another carpark space.

I don’t remember there being any particular issues when we travelled from Oxford Parkway for the Wembley trophy match. For sure a lot of fans all forming an orderly queue, but they arrived across quite a wide timeframe. The issue might be parking for that number of fans which will far exceed what we would ever get for the new stadium. I’m hoping Mrs YR will drop me off at the station, that will free up another carpark space.

A lot of people will get lifts, the bus, taxies etc, that seemed to happen last time.

Two bits and bobs

Unless it is Bazzer.

Meanwhile inside the FOSB bunker

Oxford United fail to sell their Wembley allocation = No appetite in the county for the club/not financially viable

Oxford United sell out their Wembley allocation - new stadium not big enough and can't be expanded

meanwhile the latest, even more desperate claim by a FoSB supporter on NextDoor kidlington, a few hours ago...

View attachment 19621

Literally none of that is true.

You can drink before and after games at Wembley.

The Green man has a small car park that gets booked out for all Wembley events, I parked there for Blur last year, the number of people parking there will be absolutely dwarfed by the number on public transport. Plus what is wrong with supporters using a legitimate car park before a game?

meanwhile the latest, even more desperate claim by a FoSB supporter on NextDoor kidlington, a few hours ago...

View attachment 19621
So, to get this straight, there is no alcohol being served around the ground, yet Oxford fans have been allocated a pub... Did she even think about what she was writing?

So, to get this straight, there is no alcohol being served around the ground, yet Oxford fans have been allocated a pub... Did she even think about what she was writing?
and it'll be the same in Kidlington on matchdays- apparently ( she claims)

Back
Top Bottom