New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

@GRB and @Scotchegg you are both very positive fans and I applaud you for that

Have had time to reflect on what I’ve said and I am still of the same opinion.

That is the planning application will be turned down. I am not saying we won’t get the go ahead eventually I think we will because as I have mentioned earlier no Government wants to preside over the death of a football club.

My main concern is the time this will take. If Kassam plays ball things might work out ok.

My other points are still valid in that a lot of fans have done a lot of things to help us get support for the stadium, whether it’s leaflet drops, writing to the Mail,talking to the club,attending meetings at KPC,talking at OCC, ringing Radox,challenging Middleton and FoSB,persuading other fans to act, putting positive comments on the portal.They have done a fantastic job.

But others have stood by and and done nothing, as recently ago as the Lincoln game I heard fans in the East Stand saying”Why can’t we stay at the Kassam” The total comments for approval on the portal was pathetic. I just don’t get the apathy.

We are always going to have different views on here,it is a Forum that’s what it’s all about.Perhaps I am being a bell end,but a well intentioned one.I sincerely hope I am wrong in my views.

As @bazzer9461 says I am passionate about this club. I am 69 years old and I would love to be with my wife children and grandchildren at the stadium watching the Mighty Yellows. But they like me are running out of time

Also been said that this election was not all about the stadium it was to the Anti stadium in Kidlington this has really hit the oufc fans in Kidlington.

The election may have been anti stadium in Kidlington but not in the rest of the county or country. The stadium is to be decided by Cherwell district council not Kidlington.

Note turnout was very low again as the majority of the population believe what's the F**king point as all councillors are the same.

Lib Dem's sitting on the fence, swaying to be against on certain aspects could of been to try and take seats from the Conservative's who have been supportively vocal on the stadium. Lib Dem's know it's mostly nimby's , rich and the older folk who go out to vote who would mostly be against the stadium and that's probably why they took the stance.

Now they're elected their stance may possibly change towards the stadium.

I posted this on here July 2023, Cllr Ward has already made public her views on the stadium. She has already fettered her position hasn't she with this?

Screenshot_20240504_083820_Chrome.jpg

I posted this on here July 2023, Cllr Ward has already made public her views on the stadium. She has already fettered her position hasn't she with this?

View attachment 19401

It only matters if she is on the planning committee to decide. Anyone on there who isn't neutral on the subject will be removed or if they aren't the club have an easy route to challenge the decision. Trust the process.

I think a lot of people are thinking these results have more to do with the stadium than they actually do. A kick in the teeth for OUFC? I don't get that comment at all?
The results haven’t gone as OUFC would have hoped for hence a kick in the teeth.

She's described here by Kidlington Development Watch as "our very own".

View attachment 19393

Kidlington Development Watch are anti-stadium as we know hence the link to FoSB on their website. And supportive social media posts:

View attachment 19394

(Kidlington Green Belt Development Watch and Kidlington Development Watch are one and the same by the way)
View attachment 19395
They remain FoSB's single biggest donor and this donation was made when Cllr Ward was Chair of KDW

View attachment 19397

A fundraising page was set up by her supporters to fundraising her campaign:

View attachment 19398

Something for CDC to consider when deciding on who sits on the planning committee for the stadium application.
And a bit of their leaflet about SB is wrong “ bought for the community

The results haven’t gone as OUFC would have hoped for hence a kick in the teeth.

Says who?

The club haven't come out and said that the conservatives must remain in seats for this to go through have they?

Planning applications don't get decided on councillors opinions though do they?
Especially not opinions of councillors who’ve gone on record as being against the stadium, they need that bridge design out asap. If we get that out in the open, we push those at KPC & local kidlington councillors into a corner. They can’t just say no, it will get appealed, and it will get overturned at national level.

Says who?

The club haven't come out and said that the conservatives must remain in seats for this to go through have they?
No they haven’t but the Greens have as do the Lib Dem’s they are starting to fall of the fence on the anti side so yes there is more of a need to worry today than there was at this time yesterday.

On Looking at this selfishly and on reflection... Where I live, I've been out chatting to people, talking about the the stadium, posting on Facebook community forums, being a bit of a nag. Every bloody where.

The turnout was over 35% out of 8,000 people, the highest in Cherwell bar Cropredy. 1451 voted against the LibDems. 1169 voted LibDem, 1206 voted Labour or Tory.

Turnout in Bicester and Kidlington wards is less than 25% in most cases.

Next time, if we properly mobilise, we can move the needle.

So yeah, big boy pants on as long as you get your megaphone out next time ;)
Don’t think you need the megaphone mate 😉

read my bit her mawson middleton cant be anywhere near it
I did speak to the fella ( forgot his name ) at the fans forum at the Kastad and mentioned about Mawson and her stance and he did say they were well aware of her. What the club’s legal team might do about it I don’t know.

I did speak to the fella ( forgot his name ) at the fans forum at the Kastad and mentioned about Mawson and her stance and he did say they were well aware of her. What the club’s legal team might do about it I don’t know.
this should be our next stage of attack gathering every bit of evidence of mawson middleton ward objections and sending it on mass to the leader of cdc and make them well aware of there predetermined stance

Let's not forget even if we did have all pro stadium councillors on the planning committee if they granted the planning application they would still have to follow all legislation and made sure the planning application was lawfully decided.

FOSB have already mentioned trying the route of a judicial review once it's granted.

Will this not be called in by central government anyways due to the loss of greenbelt?
I’d say a massive chance it gets called in. National government will pass the planning application because the legislation they are bringing in about protecting local football clubs means they have no choice. It is not our fault we will be homeless. The owners are making investment into the country more than most. The bridge will be key, if we get the design for the bridge and the application for that in, I don’t see how they can say no. It was an oversight before, we should have included it in the original application.

No they haven’t but the Greens have a do the Lib Dem’s are falling of the fence on the anti side so yes there is more of a need to worry today than there was at this time yesterday.

Maybe to you but not me and I hope the club have more fight than alot on here who would throw the towel in just because a few Lib Dem's and a green have been elected on the district council.

The club would of been well aware of the lack of support to the conservatives country wide and would of known that the areas closest to the proposed stadium would of all been given to a councillor who would seem to go against the stadium.

‘It is not our place to tell people where to vote in local elections and by remaining outside of that debate we have been able to have frank and hopefully meaningful talks with many of those councillors. Political choices are both personal and private …’

From the OxVox update.

Personally I disagree. Whilst I would not expect the supporters’ group to put out a guide to ‘fans from X should vote Y’, they could and should have stressed the need to vote and to consider your choices carefully.

It’s not a crime to be self-interested in this and as the supporters’ group they can be whereas the club have to be more politically neutral.

A missed trick from OxVox in my view.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom