New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

I also think that Labour will have a much better showing in the Bicester/Woodstock seat. There's a genuine 3 way fight, but I'm not sure that Calum Miller is doing the Lib Dems any favours by opposing the stadium.

Labours Veronica Oakeshott has already posted more positive comments about the club in recent weeks than Miller, and looks and sounds a little more Tory than the average Labour candidate which will appeal locally.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the one Tory seat replaced by two Labour MP's this year.

The best ways we can help ourselves:
1 - submit positive comments on portal.
2 - win games to get into playoffs - need to build a wave of positive momentum
A proper leader at the Club seems lacking.

I also think that Labour will have a much better showing in the Bicester/Woodstock seat. There's a genuine 3 way fight, but I'm not sure that Calum Miller is doing the Lib Dems any favours by opposing the stadium.
Officially Miller is "neutral" but we know the privately he is against the stadium

He did not offer any alternative sites or solutions to our future after 2026.
He was not at all interested in the clubs predicament.
He was politely told that he would not be getting my friends vote .

Outrageous. He's clearly not reading the overwhelming support for our clubs new stadium on the CDC planning portal.

He won't be getting many votes from OUFC supporters then! What a truly selfish individual Miller is. Snake.

I look forward to himself and Middleton fighting it out for who doesn't finish bottom in the general election vote for this constituency. Hopefully it'll send them both off packing and away from the good people of Bicester and Woodstock who by quite a large majority, want to welcome OUFC to the community.

The NIMBY vote will get you nowhere Cllr Miller.

Last edited:
Outrageous. He's clearly not reading the overwhelming support for our clubs new stadium on the CDC planning portal.

He won't be getting many votes from OUFC supporters then! What a truly selfish individual Miller is. Snake.

I look forward to himself and Middleton fighting it out for who doesn't finish bottom in the general election vote for this constituency. Hopefully it'll send them both off packing and away from the good people of Bicester and Woodstock who by quite a large majority, want to welcome OUFC to the community.

The NIMBY vote will get you nowhere Cllr Miller.
And even more outrageous that he was apparently the chairman of the OCC committee, charged with negotiating the heads of terms for the lease .

Here is a prediction of the share of the vote for each party in every Parliamentary seat in the South East of England from Electoral Calculus. This is based on an aggregation of all national opinion polls as of March 18th. Labour have 45%, Conservatives 22%, Reform 12%, Lib Dems 9% and Greens 5%. I have also added tactical voting figures from a recent YouGov survey which helps the Lib Dems and hinders Labour slightly. It predicts a comfortable win for Labour in Bicester and Woodstock. Most commentators assume a narrrowing of the polls by the Autumn but this poll makes for great reading, if like me, you are a life long Labour Party supporter and trade unionist.

https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk...gion&regorseat=South+East&boundary=2019nbbase

Last edited:
If it is one person (Miller in this case) holding things up on purpose by not signing the heads of terms, is that breaking any legal rules?
He clearly isn’t neutral and is open about his dislike of the club and the new stadium so this needs putting out there in the public domain.
Mr Miller will soon regret his actions if OUFC fold thanks to this delay. He's not dealing with some faceless corporation here.

Ahhh dr Webb of Friends of lye valley.
Well there's no such place as lye valley, it's the name of a road in an area that is properly called bullingdon.Hence bullingdon community centre in Peat moors the proper name is bullingdon bogs. The over man management of it is overkill hacked down all the reeds, cut bushes down ,& trees . Built a boardwalk through it. . mmmmm it was better when it was my play ground when I was a kid & my walk on the way home from school. Left alone wild & nature to do it's own thing .yeah real friends....

To be fair it is the valley formed by the Lye Brook.

And the SSSI is known as Lye Valley.

Walked my dog on Stratfield Brake this morning and went hunting for Bluebells I can confirm there are no Bluebells at Stratfield Brake because it's to early for them.
They should be on stratfield brake east which is the woodland at the bottom of the triangle the woodland that remains untouched

To be fair it is the valley formed by the Lye Brook.

And the SSSI is known as Lye Valley.
I thought it was originally Boundary Brook, hence Boundary Brook Road..
Starting in HEADINGTON from the White Horse through the Churchill ,through to the Marsh,through Florence Park , Donnington into the river Isis. Name have changed over centuries. When I was a kid it was known as the Tip / Dump or the Slide.

• React
Reactions: m
Walked my dog on Stratfield Brake this morning and went hunting for Bluebells I can confirm there are no Bluebells at Stratfield Brake because it's to early for them.
Yes thats what I said about last week ,I have never seen them. I know where you will see them if there are some , would be in the ancient woods ,east & west. The thing is though your not allowed on the triangle side. The football pitch side has been off limits to the public for years.
What bit about the ancient woodlands , are not getting touched don't they understand.

They should be on stratfield brake east which is the woodland at the bottom of the triangle the woodland that remains untouched
Before Freize way was built it was all one wood so why has the east side got Bluebells and not the west side because the have not bloomed yet that's FOSB just making it up because they got court out no one can get to the east side of the woods so how the he'll did they get the pictures. They think all oufc supporters came down with the last rain shower.

Before Freize way was built it was all one wood so why has the east side got Bluebells and not the west side because the have not bloomed yet that's FOSB just making it up because they got court out no one can get to the east side of the woods so how the he'll did they get the pictures. They think all oufc supporters came down with the last rain shower.
We are all thick remember. Not known for our love of wildflowers and all that

Back
Top Bottom