New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

In the Chris Williams thread we've gone off on a bit of a tangent about the stadium. I need my regular fix of reassurance from @Colin B that the way it is being paid for etc is still going to benefit Oxford United and not recreate another Kassam scenario. Has anything changed as far as you know on this front recently Colin? Rumours of Niall being sidelined have spooked me!

In the Chris Williams thread we've gone off on a bit of a tangent about the stadium. I need my regular fix of reassurance from @Colin B that the way it is being paid for etc is still going to benefit Oxford United and not recreate another Kassam scenario. Has anything changed as far as you know on this front recently Colin? Rumours of Niall being sidelined have spooked me!
The plans we had WERE going to benefit the club. The stadium costs WERE robustly tested. The stadium income WAS robustly tested, and the affordability and business plan WERE also robustly tested.

I have not been directly involved since the end of 2022, and am currently becoming concerned with much that I'm hearing and seeing, particularly the dramatically increasing costs and the noises about how it's now going to be paid for coming from our CEO.

Sorry I couldn't give you the reassurance you were looking for.

There are questions that need to be asked at the upcoming Fans Forum (I've certainly got a list!) and if the answers aren't either forthcoming or satisfactory, then people should not be afraid to ask again and again, until we have the answers that we need. Only then can we hold certain people to account for this. If we don't press them at the Fans Forum it will be a huge missed opportunity.

The plans we had WERE going to benefit the club. The stadium costs WERE robustly tested. The stadium income WAS robustly tested, and the affordability and business plan WERE also robustly tested.

I have not been directly involved since the end of 2022, and am currently becoming concerned with much that I'm hearing and seeing, particularly the dramatically increasing costs and the noises about how it's now going to be paid for coming from our CEO.

There are questions that need to be asked at the upcoming Fans Forum (I've certainly got a list!) and if the answers aren't either forthcoming or satisfactory, then people should not be afraid to ask again and again, until we have the answers that we need. Only then can we hold certain people to account for this. If we don't press them at the Fans Forum it will be a huge missed opportunity.

Lets hope questions about Des Buckingham don't dominate so that important stuff like this is discussed.

The more and more I see Steve Hill's objections, I think he's right.

Maybe we ought to look at building the stadium elsewhere, next to a station.

Tackley has a station. Shall we try there?

Tbh @Colin B i think the fans forum could be toxic, and hopefully questions asked will be about the stadium and not the negativity and current run of play at OUFC.

Worrying! Thanks Colin. It does feel as if something has changed for the worse in the last few months.

Maybe we should be asking whether Niall McWilliams is still involved too at the fans forum. Having a proper Oxford man involved gave me comfort the club's interests would be protected. If he's been sidelined then why!

As a fanbase we must not be complacent and blinded by the shiny lights of a promised new stadium. If the finances don't work for the club, and if we're not protected from a Kassam mark 2 situation, then we shouldn't simply meekly accept that, we should actively oppose it! Typing that out feels mental from the positivity of where we were a few months ago, but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity now and we must get it right.

Thank you for the update. Doesn't sound good but I can't work out how the club is still up and running and planning permission being put in.
The UK directors are presumably relying on regular cash injections from abroad to keep up with the costs, and we haven't had a winding up for a few years now.

Back
Top Bottom