Current Player Kyle Edwards

Was there any confirmation after the match concerning the reason Edwards went off at half-time?

I’m hoping it was just part of the plan to build his fitness up.

On the Dub yesterday he said its a setback and we're unlikely to see him before the new year. Has gone for a scan.

On the plus side, it now looks like he has a robotic leg. That must be useful for something.

Sensible move from us, he barely played. Four loan spots to fill now, hopefully see those players come in quickly and the squad start to look a lot stronger.

Only played six times but was excellent seemingly every time he played.

We cannot carry any passengers any more though. As good as he was, we need someone who can offer minutes on the pitch and Edwards isn’t that.

Good luck to him wherever he goes (unless it’s Swindon).

Thanks Kyle and good luck. We loved watching you skim defenders. Hope your rehabilitation goes well.

Curiously, may actually stay?

If he gets fit and we're confident enough about his physical condition that we medically clear him, we saw enough to know he would be an outstanding signing if we're still in League One next year (and we also won't be carrying the other two sick-notes Browne & Murphy by then).

He won't be able to play for us again this season, but if Ipswich have already told him that he's not getting a new deal there - makes sense that he might stick around and try to win a contract with us for next year.

I suppose if he's fit for the last month or so, we could agree some sort of contractual deal with him/Ipswich so that he could play for us. Like Ipswich release him from his contract so that he becomes a free agent?

I wonder if all parties have agreed to leave that until when (if) it happens, as another setback will make it a moot point.

At least he's not taking up a loan slot.

I suppose if he's fit for the last month or so, we could agree some sort of contractual deal with him/Ipswich so that he could play for us. Like Ipswich release him from his contract so that he becomes a free agent?

I wonder if all parties have agreed to leave that until when (if) it happens, as another setback will make it a moot point.

At least he's not taking up a loan slot.
No the free agent thing doesn't work like that, he would have to be released inside of this transfer window to count as a free agent before the next window opens. It's to stop clubs gaming the system.

I mean all round clever business from us. Clearly a fantastic player in there one who could probably do a good job in the Championship. Gives us a good chance at getting a cut price deal this window or will be favourites to sign him on a free in the summer due to the hospitality we've given him while injured which we don't have to do. Just hope it doesn't bite us in the a**e.

Back
Top Bottom