Ex Player Josh Ruffels

I have worked and stayed over there quite a bit, it’s not particularly rough at all, unless he joins a gang (seems unlikely even with his prison physique) then I think he will be alright. It’s a decent city with plenty to do, I think some people on here could do with leaving Oxfordshire villages where not much happens a bit more.

Last edited:
I have worked and stayed over there quite a bit, it’s not particularly rough at all, unless he joins a gang (seems unlikely even with his prison physique) then I think he will. It’s a decent city with plenty to do, I think some people on here could do with leaving Oxfordshire villages where not much happens a bit more.
Admittedly, it was about 15 years ago when I was there, so maybe it's improved since then, but I'm an old fart these days, and I'm more than happy living in my sleepy little village, where the closest thing we have to street gangs, is some particularly boisterous ducks and swans!

I have worked and stayed over there quite a bit, it’s not particularly rough at all, unless he joins a gang (seems unlikely even with his prison physique) then I think he will. It’s a decent city with plenty to do, I think some people on here could do with leaving Oxfordshire villages where not much happens a bit more.
Josh seems so sensible, I always imagine him and Sam spend a lot of time discussing pensions and car insurance.

Major crime problems though, huge gang culture, and was once regarded as the gun capital of the UK.

Stay here Ruffs, much safer here!
Nottingham is a lovely city - went to Uni there and been back many times since - it has one maybe 2 specific areas associated with gang crime but in general is a lovely city - like Oxford is a f...ing paradise - the LEYS was voted the fourth or fifth worst estate in the UK a few years ago ffs

Only been once to Nottingham when I went to the famous Goose fair. Its not to bad of a place but there is quite a bit of knife/gun crime. The goose fair is known to attract alot of trouble where local gangs meet up for a scrap and it got that bad in the late 90s certain rides were banned that attracted groups to gather round. Even to this day a ride called a tagada ( bowl where people sit to the outside with no restraints ride that bounces while spinning) is banned from attending but can attend any other UK fair. Last time one of them attended a mass brawl occurred half way through the ride.

There is alot nicer and safer places to live that's for sure.

Only been once to Nottingham when I went to the famous Goose fair. Its not to bad of a place but there is quite a bit of knife/gun crime. The goose fair is known to attract alot of trouble where local gangs meet up for a scrap and it got that bad in the late 90s certain rides were banned that attracted groups to gather round. Even to this day a ride called a tagada ( bowl where people sit to the outside with no restraints ride that bounces while spinning) is banned from attending but can attend any other UK fair. Last time one of them attended a mass brawl occurred half way through the ride.

Goose Fair has always been a problem - its setting in Forest Fields means people can end up going through a dimly lit park late at night - mecca for robbers

Hmmm St Giles fair is hardly a chav free zone ...

Nottingham is a lovely city - went to Uni there and been back many times since - it has one maybe 2 specific areas associated with gang crime but in general is a lovely city - like Oxford is a f...ing paradise - the LEYS was voted the fourth or fifth worst estate in the UK a few years ago ffs
My grandparents lived in BB Leys, for over 50 years, sadly, it was like a 2nd home to me growing up, so I know exactly how bad that place has been, and just like Oxford, all cities have their lovely areas, and crime hotspots, I was only having a bit of a joke!

My grandparents lived in BB Leys, for over 50 years, sadly, it was like a 2nd home to me growing up, so I know exactly how bad that place has been, and just like Oxford, all cities have there lovely areas, and crime hotspots, I was only having a bit of a joke!
sure I appreciate the point was more a rallying cry to Josh to stay mate ;)

Notting hill houses cost ridiculous money but it has a carnival that has a very high crime rate so it must be a shithole.

I have walked around Nottingham city centre, been in the pubs and bars and wandered out to the football grounds and never seen anything other than a few boisterous kids and a truly awful attempt at karaoke. Always come across as a friendly, lively place to me.

If I was a young footballer I would certainly consider playing for Forest, cheaper housing, higher pay, nice ground, historic club and a lively city with a lot going on (in normal times), he could do a lot worse. If the alternative is Millwall then he could do a lot, lot worse.

Admittedly, it was about 15 years ago when I was there, so maybe it's improved since then, but I'm an old fart these days, and I'm more than happy living in my sleepy little village, where the closest thing we have to street gangs, is some particularly boisterous ducks and swans!

Do you have geese? Rather live in the South Bronx than around them nasty bastards.

Not really, Josh is a free agent and can in no way be used as a bargaining chip.
Yes I accept that, but Forest seem the only champ club interested at the moment.
Forest manager wants Josh asks KR to convince Josh to join Forest if that comes off we get McGuane
For those old enough George Graham, brown envelopes stuffed with cash etc

• React
Reactions: m
Let's hope Josh is playing Championship football next season with us though ...and if not really sad to lose a key part of the back 5 .

Nottingham has a Hooters.

A fine family eating establishment when I dined there, had families and couples in there and excellent portion sizes.

However it’s not what you want at the top of your bank statement when you hand it over to your missus to hand over to the mortgage advisor a couple of years back and she glances down, that was an icy meeting. Worth it for the wings though and I just hope my waitress that night is ok as she was off to be an air hostess a few weeks later.

Wollaton has the quality and calm that Josh will be used to. Nice golf course in the park there too.

A fine family eating establishment when I dined there, had families and couples in there and excellent portion sizes.

However it’s not what you want at the top of your bank statement when you hand it over to your missus to hand over to the mortgage advisor a couple of years back and she glances down, that was an icy meeting. Worth it for the wings though and I just hope my waitress that night is ok as she was off to be an air hostess a few weeks later.
Did the waitress have that effect on you? 😝

Back
Top Bottom