Current Player #23 Josh Murphy

Who knows, maybe at 29, and with a new family, Josh is finally happy and settled, really enjoying his football at a club where he is loved, and as he says, is very close to all the players, and clearly very close with the manager as well, and if he's offered similar money to what he's been on, and a 2-3 year deal, is simply happy to keep things the way they are.

Given how happy he clearly is with all aspects of his life, both professionally and personally, is it really worth the upheaval to change all of that, uproot your family, turn your life upside down all over again, and try to settle in somewhere else? Why risk it? There is more to life than money, and I'm sure he's probably already very financially comfortable.

He could potentially move somewhere else and double his money, but if every other aspect of his life suffers as a result of that move, is it worth it.

Sometimes it's best to quit while you're winning, and settle for what you've already got, and Josh is certainly winning, and is clearly very happy with everything he's got.

Stick with us Josh 💛

Who knows, maybe at 29, and with a new family, Josh is finally happy and settled, really enjoying his football at a club where he is loved, and as he says, is very close to all the players, and clearly very close with the manager as well, and if he's offered similar money to what he's been on, and a 2-3 year deal, is simply happy to keep things the way they are.

Given how happy he clearly is with all aspects of his life, both professionally and personally, is it really worth the upheaval to change all of that, uproot your family, turn your life upside down all over again, and try to settle in somewhere else? Why risk it? There is more to life than money, and I'm sure he's probably already very financially comfortable.

He could potentially move somewhere else and double his money, but if every other aspect of his life suffers as a result of that move, is it worth it.

Sometimes it's best to quit while you're winning, and settle for what you've already got, and Josh is certainly winning, and is clearly very happy with everything he's got.

Stick with us Josh 💛
See, I agree with that and obviously you do too. I could be very wrong but if you are a similar age to me (46) then you have enough life experience to know that what you say is the case. That said, Josh is a young lad at 28 and football a short career. He sees his brother excelling at the highest level and maybe he wants to get closer to that. You and I know that sort of thing doesn’t matter but does Josh? Josh is a clever lad and grounded so maybe he does. I hope so.

See, I agree with that and obviously you do too. I could be very wrong but if you are a similar age to me (46) then you have enough life experience to know that what you say is the case. That said, Josh is a young lad at 28 and football a short career. He sees his brother excelling at the highest level and maybe he wants to get closer to that. You and I know that sort of thing doesn’t matter but does Josh? Josh is a clever lad and grounded so maybe he does. I hope so.
He wasnt that great today but still basically won us the game with that penalty. Sadly I can see him going somewhere like Sunderland and earning lots but maybe not playing that much.

He wasnt that great today but still basically won us the game with that penalty. Sadly I can see him going somewhere like Sunderland and earning lots but maybe not playing that much.
That would be a real shame. Also I’ve never seen a clearer penalty in my life. Their right back was two years too late in that challenge

He's actually 29, so likely to only have one big contract left in his career.

Hopefully though, as you say, he's grounded enough that he sees a 2-3 year contract with us, on similar money to what he's been on, and the continuation of what he clearly considers a very positive and settled situation for him and his family, as the right move for him.

He's actually 29, so likely to only have one big contract left in his career.

Hopefully though, as you say, he's grounded enough that he sees a 2-3 year contract with us, on similar money to what he's been on, and the continuation of what he clearly considers a very positive and settled situation for him and his family, as the right move for him.
Maybe Mrs Murphy is happy here and will tell him to stay put. I’m sure she reads this forum so, Mrs Murphy, you know what to do.

What a bloke. Whatever happens it's been a pleasure, but can see him maybe regretting it from a footballing perspective if he does move on, although not a financial one

I live in the north east and there’s strong rumour Sunderland want him. He’s from Birtley which is Gateshead way. Although Sunderland only usually buy foreign kids nobody’s heard of because there crap these days. So who knows
Let's face it Sunderland want anything that moves -

Back
Top Bottom