General Feedback from Friday's visit at OUFC

One marmite and one marmalade ffs. I honestly expected much better of you MJB, we all know marmite ain’t for breakfast (or for anything other than cat food) but mixing the 2 together……😳
Mrs L has taken umbrage. She enjoys Marmite for breakfast on a regular basis.
You don't want to upset her!;)

So if we win every game till the end of the season, what's everybody's take on Robinson then
I want some of what you’re on. Did you not see the first half v Cambridge last week?! It wasn’t even Conference level.

Mellowyellow
I went in thinking everything I hear from Robinson is going to be waffle, as I said earlier I had to leave before the end. But on this KR and TW went into some detail about how we didn’t get the Brighton player.
It was done and dusted,he was coming on loan until the end of the season, then due to an injury to another player he gets into their squad and scores.Then he stayed in the squad. Deal off, this wasn’t the player we put a bid in for.
So it was genuine interest. I couldn’t hang around but my question would have been, ok we lose out on one,who is back up number 2 and 3 because that certainly isn’t Tyler Smith

This sort of sob story is brought out every transfer window. Fans aren’t fools. We know we miss out on players as every club does but this ‘one that got away, gosh - we were close’ narrative starts to get tiresome. We don’t care about the method of getting them, we care about the result.

That’s the most important bit. Thank f**k for that. I don’t really give a s**t about KR one way or another to be honest. If there’s a proper structure around recruitment etc then the rebuild will be done properly rather than off the back of a fag packet.

Can I also just express my thanks to those who made this meeting happen and asked the questions. You’ve got more actual important information out of the club in one afternoon than the club press office have released and the OM have published in the last bloody year. Nice one fellas 👍

Definitely.

Here’s the thing though. If TW and co were willing to disclose so much of this to a handful of fans, they must’ve known that much of what they said would end up on here, Twitter and amongst fans in the stands. If none of it is classified info, why the silence from the club up until now? They could have communicated the news about the stadium and the developing timelines to us. Imagine how much good feeling they could have generated by doing it.

Thanks for the updates from those who attended. They’re greatly appreciated, and bigger picture-wise sounded really positive on stadium, board commitment, recruitment model and tbf on the basis that this actually happened, improved accessibility and communications.

I think we all share the same concerns over this group-think model where everyone gets a say no matter what time-zone and nothing gets decided quickly enough on KR or transfer targets, but those things can go beyond debate with enough supporting information.

TW’s taken some stick on here and I’m not sure it’s been overly merited.

So if we win every game till the end of the season, what's everybody's take on Robinson then
Let's say that happens, what does it prove? Nothing we don't already know. Robinson has taken teams on long winning runs before, it would be nothing new. The same issue always remains, he builds physically lightweight sides who aren't robust enough to maintain that form and we always fall short.

So that's where we are, years of the same mistakes made over and over again, 10 transfer windows of the same mistakes. To be at a stage where he can win every game left this season and still not be wanted here sums up how farcical it is that he's still here.

This sort of sob story is brought out every transfer window. Fans aren’t fools. We know we miss out on players as every club does but this ‘one that got away, gosh - we were close’ narrative starts to get tiresome. We don’t care about the method of getting them, we care about the result.

Definitely.

Here’s the thing though. If TW and co were willing to disclose so much of this to a handful of fans, they must’ve known that much of what they said would end up on here, Twitter and amongst fans in the stands. If none of it is classified info, why the silence from the club up until now? They could have communicated the news about the stadium and the developing timelines to us. Imagine how much good feeling they could have generated by doing it.
I would agree with you In certainly every case but this particular one was unfortunate
I could see this was a genuine case

I also think he’ll be manager going in to next season. A decent start and a new contract will be announced before Christmas.

You really couldn’t make this s**t up…
You don't really believe that, do you?

Exactly my thoughts. My inital concern about the owners bailing over the SB>Triangle downgrade appears* to have been unfounded, which is obviously great. What I am not clear on now is exactly what you’ve said. There’s been plenty of channels, plenty of chances and plenty of content to share with supporters on a wide variety of issues and I genuinely do not understand why it has taken a deputation of fans to go to the club to get answers and context to these issues. Anyone with any commonsense at all would have realised some time ago that keeping the fans informed and onboard was critical to maintaining good relations. So what happens next? And what lessons have been learned by the club? How can we avoid this happening again?

* proof of the pudding etc…

A big thank you must go to those of you who attended yesterdays meeting with TW. I personally feel that the arrival of KR was to the detriment of the meeting, however not being there leave my concerns baseless.

It does appear that the change of manager is not imminent and for me that is a negative.

One area of concern is the news that planning application will not be submitted until late summer. Cherwell District Council have an election in May and we could well see the Conservatives losing overall control and therefore less influence. We know that there are many objectors of the triangle being developed and they will try every delaying tactic available to them.

By the time the club submit the plans, we will have seen 19 months pass since the news first became public in January 2021. That is 19 months closer to the last game that will be played at the Kassam. It is probably just me, but the sense of urgency by the club seems to be lower than it was back last year.

Once again , thank you to those who gave up their time to meet with TW.

The meeting at the training ground with TW & KR.
The five minutes fans forum on RadOx with KR.
@Scotchegg ’asked’ to spread the info that TW has spoken to everyone at the club and all is well.
Players on the OWS/Twitter being asked to push off field unity.

Quite a big PR exercise in the last 2 or 3 days, the main theme being pushed is that Robinson hasn’t lost the dressing room.

The club doth protest too much, methinks.

Back
Top Bottom