Fan's View Fan's View 23/24 - No.10 - Stevenage away

Nice to have finally met you Paul albeit briefly and my apologies for interrupting your conversation!

I have already commented on the officials performance but, yes, he did miss a penalty shout and Beadle was quite incensed at being obstructed at corners. Did this have an influence on his being carded late in the game?

Nice to have finally met you Paul albeit briefly and my apologies for interrupting your conversation!

I have already commented on the officials performance but, yes, he did miss a penalty shout and Beadle was quite incensed at being obstructed at corners. Did this have an influence on his being carded late in the game?
No need to apologise. Hope to have a longer chat in the future. Good to have met you.

The irony of the Tory comment being that our ground is in one of the few parliamentary constituencies in the South of England with a Labour MP, Stevenage is a Tory.
Anneliese’s gonna kick their Tory asses! Actually I liked those Barnsley fans doing the rowing motion, it’s just silly fun and not nasty in any way. They may not all even keep pigeons or kestrels.

Anneliese’s gonna kick their Tory asses! Actually I liked those Barnsley fans doing the rowing motion, it’s just silly fun and not nasty in any way. They may not all even keep pigeons or kestrels.
Come on, they do. They all do.

Agree it wasn't nasty from the Barnsley fans but I've seen it from others in a bit more provocative fashion..

Great write up Paul.
Interesting point about Bodin
Somebody was suggesting that of the outfield players, there were 9 from last season ( including Murphy who came off the bench)
There were a few who believed that there would be a total clear out and that Manning had been left few decent players.
He has brought in some real quality and skilfully used the good players that we did already have in the squad.
And listening to Manning, he rates Bodin very highly

Scenes from the away end at Stevenage as Moore scores the third...

46018_1.jpg

Great write up Paul.
Interesting point about Bodin
Somebody was suggesting that of the outfield players, there were 9 from last season ( including Murphy who came off the bench)
There were a few who believed that there would be a total clear out and that Manning had been left few decent players.
He has brought in some real quality and skilfully used the good players that we did already have in the squad.
And listening to Manning, he rates Bodin very highly
Great write up (again) Paul - thanks!

Always thought we had some real quality in the players already here, but having previously had a fantasist manager who thought he could get fish to climb trees (as Einstein might put it :ROFLMAO:) meant we were a shadow of the team we could be.

Manning has come in with a completely fresh, realistic and measured approach and has not only identified where the squad was lacking, but also how to make the best use of the talent already here and we are now (arguably) greater than the sum of our parts....or at least we're getting that way!

We are really starting to strut aren't we. That said, I fully expect Manning (and Moore as capt to some extent) to make sure we remain honest, focussed and measured.

And THAT is what is so exciting about this season!

From memory after watching the replay on iFollow, he was shouting at the Ref who told him to stop which he didn't do as he carried on so booked for dissent. He was shouting about his treatment at corners but considering the time in the game when he was booked, it was a stupid and pointless yellow card.

OUR MUTAL FRIEND

How cheap was that pub

3 Guiness
1 CORS
1 Carlsberg
1 Strongbow

£20 +

Times 6 rounds - a great saving !!

Mr B, I could hear your protestations at the man-handling of Beadle, which was indeed noticeable to everyone except the officials but generally they were no more physical than most. Did I see somewhere that they committed 10 fouls to our 9? And Moore's bookable challenge was certainly a match for Butler's. Indeed, I felt we stepped up from the Cambridge and Vale games on the physicality front.

Manning's set-up was spot-on with the available players, although we were saying at the game that Harris would have a field day against the slowest back 3/5 I've seen in years.

Back
Top Bottom