Fan's View Fan's View 23/24 - No.51: Play-Off Semi-Final 1st leg

On the away allocation I thought the clubs agreed price & allocation between them before distribution.
So I don't understand why we agreed to give them 1,478 being 13% of capacity of 11,125 but P'boro stuck rigidly to 10% and gave us 1,351 from capacity of 13,510.
If we knew P'boro were sticking to 10% we should have done the same and given them 1,125 and then we might have been able to have an extra 300 home tickets in block 26 (The segregation block)
As P'boro's away section holds 1,888 then they could easily have given us the same % of capacity, with 13% being 1,756 which would have fitted in quite nicely.
So I feel both clubs should have both gone with either 10% or both 13%. Is this Oxford going all nice again!

On the away allocation I thought the clubs agreed price & allocation between them before distribution.
So I don't understand why we agreed to give them 1,478 being 13% of capacity of 11,125 but P'boro stuck rigidly to 10% and gave us 1,351 from capacity of 13,510.
If we knew P'boro were sticking to 10% we should have done the same and given them 1,125 and then we might have been able to have an extra 300 home tickets in block 26 (The segregation block)
As P'boro's away section holds 1,888 then they could easily have given us the same % of capacity, with 13% being 1,756 which would have fitted in quite nicely.
So I feel both clubs should have both gone with either 10% or both 13%. Is this Oxford going all nice again!

I might be very wrong but I don't think we could have more seats with the segregation because of concourse below.

I've said it before, but it's very rare that away tickets don't make it to general sale.
Some ST holders buy one so they are in with the rest of the ST holders for priority on away games.
Add an extra level of priority above being a ST holder and some may give up and decide to chance their luck in general sale.
This time it seemed it wasn't even a lottery where all ST holders wanting a ticket had an equal chance.
So for instance put your name down, and then all eligible tickets get randomly drawn.
Instead it was a free for all, but limited to those who were at a computer or mobile at the specified 4pm Wednesday. Then it was who had the luck to make a ticket selection, and then get through to checkout and payment.

No, the segregation at The Kassam doesn't work like that, it is all to do with concourses and shoddy initial design (or design which assumed there would be a fourth stand and away fans wouldn't be in the North at all).

Anyway, I'm glad our club doesn't play stupid petty games like that. Leave that to others.

Empathise entirely with you @Paul B regarding the ticketing process. We experienced exactly the same, on my laptop and Mrs L's PC. Exactly as yourself we were asked to update our profiles despite having bought tickets to the Exeter game only a week or so previous.
Fortunately, and following a suggestion from a poster on here, I contacted the ticket office and we were put on the waiting list. Yesterday, bingo! Two tickets duly materialised. To say the mood lifted would be an understatement. Even the mid-week no alcohol rule was swept aside (with some vigour!)
I've posted my thoughts on the system elsewhere but, something is not right, it just doesn't come across as being a robust and reliable system.

Last edited:
Empathise entirely with you @Paul B regarding the ticketing process. We experienced exactly the same, on my laptop and Mrs L's PC. Exactly as yourself we were asked to update our profiles despite having bought tickets to the Exeter game only a week or so previous.
Fortunately, and following a suggestion from a poster on here, I contacted the ticket office and we were put on the waiting list. Yesterday, bingo! Two tickets duly materialised. To say the mood lifted would be an understatement. Even the mid-week no alcohol rule was swept aside (with some vigour!)
I've posted my thoughts on the system elsewhere but, something is not right, it just doesn't come across as being a robust and reliable system.
Great news for you.

Should have just let me hand them out.

I would have been very fair, and considerably richer.

Back
Top Bottom