Fan's View Fan's View 22/23 - No.45 - Port Vale away

“As an attacking threat we are nothing. Vale had let in ten in their previous four matches. Burton, Pompey, Cambridge and Accrington each got at least two against them.

Again Gatlin O’Donkor gave his all but a more experienced head with better control would have increased our almost non-existent chances of scoring from open play.

This was our worst performance under LM and I’m finding it increasingly confusing why we’re seeing nothing of Tyler Goodrham, the one bright spark in the darkness at the end of the Karl Robinson era. Also on what I’ve seen of Brandon Fleming I’d be looking to find a starting place for him in our team.

I can see Accrington beating Fleetwood on Saturday and if we don’t do much better against Bolton than we did against Vale we’ll be in the bottom four.”

✅✅✅✅

It is a fact of life @Paul B that, the digital age has arrived. I'm surprised that it hasn't caught you out earlier. Current season ticket not on your phone?

That said, it is daft that there you stood offering coin of the realm for a ticket that, had you paid in advance, would have been passed over as a real tangible item.
I would expect the new stadium to be more or less paper free to comply with the net zero carbon stuff. Home and away fans will need to be savvy with technology. :)

Still, you got to see the game, some compensation. :oops:

It is a fact of life @Paul B that, the digital age has arrived. I'm surprised that it hasn't caught you out earlier. Current season ticket not on your phone?

That said, it is daft that there you stood offering coin of the realm for a ticket that, had you paid in advance, would have been passed over as a real tangible item.
I would expect the new stadium to be more or less paper free to comply with the net zero carbon stuff. Home and away fans will need to be savvy with technology. :)

Still, you got to see the game, some compensation. :oops:
Current season ticket on my phone. Yes. I know which wallet it is in on the phone. Easy. This wasn't. I know pay on the day at Oxford they accept notes and coins.
There are still some old codgers about even less tech savvy than me, possibly without a mobile phone even. What chance would they have had?
The bloke who helped me was brilliant. I suppose I'm a bit of a Luddite really. :)

Well done for finding something to write about a match which was, let’s face it, absolutely dire. At half time we looked at eachother: “Nothing has actually happened, has it?” It was awful, and made worse by the fact that this was an away win that everyone was saying just had to happen.
What a waste of an opportunity! A win and I would have been confident we’re out of this mess Robinson has left us in; now I’m looking at the bottom four places. We’re 50:50 to go down in my book.
A word about Browne. He’s terrified of another injury isn’t he? He plays at 80% and looks afraid to try anything clever. I know he gets targeted but it’s a shame he is misfiring as he’s probably our best chance of a goal.
Goals? Yes, I remember them …..

Current season ticket on my phone. Yes. I know which wallet it is in on the phone. Easy. This wasn't. I know pay on the day at Oxford they accept notes and coins.
There are still some old codgers about even less tech savvy than me, possibly without a mobile phone even. What chance would they have had?
The bloke who helped me was brilliant. I suppose I'm a bit of a Luddite really. :)
plastic season ticket card for me.... even though it cost me £10 extra. Weird thing is digital money transfers invariably 'cost' the recipient a handling fee, cash doesn't . I cant work out why so many commercial outlets opt for cashless transactions when it cost them more that cash does. Glen at the 'Bird however operates a cash only bar ( certainly on matchdays)

Have to agree re Tyler Goodrham, his lack of match minutes of late/ under LM are rather surprising to say the least

plastic season ticket card for me.... even though it cost me £10 extra. Weird thing is digital money transfers invariably 'cost' the recipient a handling fee, cash doesn't . I cant work out why so many commercial outlets opt for cashless transactions when it cost them more that cash does. Glen at the 'Bird however operates a cash only bar ( certainly on matchdays)

Have to agree re Tyler Goodrham, his lack of match minutes of late/ under LM are rather surprising to say the least

Cash does have a cost, just not at the point you had it over.

When I read about the matchday ticket policy, I thought, being bit of an IT dinosaur, I'm probably wouldn't cope with that kerfuffle so I bought my ticket in person from the OUFC ticket office before the SW game. Long time since I have spoken to those nice people in our ticket office.
It is always worth carrying a bit of cash on you, the BBQ at the Bull's Head was struggling with processing payments on their card machine so the lady there was delighted when I came up with coins for my £2.50 bacon roll/cob/bap or whatever they call it in Burslem?

Doesn't LM have this thing about the size of his players. Wonder what the situation would have been with Lewis Bate if he had not got injured.
I did wonder that, it could be argued that when you are that small you need something extra, which maybe Manning believes he doesn’t have. It is after all a very physical game.

I believe we are operating a 'no midgets' policy. May also explain why Tyler Smith hasn’t been seen, he’s pretty small as I recall.

I did wonder that, it could be argued that when you are that small you need something extra, which maybe Manning believes he doesn’t have. It is after all a very physical game.
Worrying if true , that old ' too small to play crap ' I thought had been dispelled with Howard Wilkinson etc

Compared with most of what we've seen this season he does have something extra. He was I believe about to come on when Elliott Moore had to go off and that changed the substitutions against Wednesday.

I was actually feeling confident in the morning on the way to the game but when the fans were singing "Liam Mannings Yellow Army" at or very near the end found myself saying to the person stood next me that "...the Salvation Army would have been more threatening"

Funny isn’t it that all the best players have been small. Best Pele Maradona Iniesta Modric Messi etc

Funny isn’t it that all the best players have been small. Best Pele Maradona Iniesta Modric Messi etc
Yes that's true, but I think the point is more you can't have 10 of them in your outfield starting XI - although I'd certainly love to see that 6 play together, get a prime Michael Owen up front with them.

Back
Top Bottom