3rd Test England V Australia - Headingley

Root is not a test match captain .... certainly not an Ashes series captain

England batsmen appear to have forgotten how to bat in test matches

Jason Roy has to be a slow learner as he makes the same mistakes and doesn't change or get it. He's not a test match cricketer in the same way that I am not

10-2 . Review for England. Phew

God, both batting teams are absolute shite aren't they...

Conversely, most of the bowling is outrageously good. Just seen Root’s wicket. Not a lot you can do about that. A jaffa.

Jason Roy on the other hand ... ?

If Hazlewood and Cummins were English, we’d be crowing about them.

The one that got Root - fair enough. The other two wickets were 50/50 the bowlers skill and the batsmans error.

Let's hope the middle order can dig us out of a hole AGAIN. Far from getting a first innings lead, I suspect we'd be happy with parity now. And then we have to bat fourth. Oh, happy days.

Could be losing the Ashes this morning... ?

Burns could and should have left the one that got him out .... does any England batsman know how to bat in test matches?

Defend, wear down the bowlers, then when settled punish any bad deliveries

Burns could and should have left the one that got him out .... does any England batsman know how to bat in test matches?

Defend, wear down the bowlers, then when settled punish any bad deliveries

No they don't.

34 - 4

Absolutely pathetic. We've had the best of the conditions by a country mile, the Aussies best batsman is crocked and we still don't look like getting a first innings lead. It reminds me of the state English one day cricket was in at one point.

FFS Stokes ... its a test match, an ashes test match , you leave those sort of balls well alone, you dont waft your bat at them

Shocking, substandard batting from the England top order so far today :oops: :(:mad:

Conversely, most of the bowling is outrageously good. Just seen Root’s wicket. Not a lot you can do about that. A jaffa.

Jason Roy on the other hand ... [emoji33]

If Hazlewood and Cummins were English, we’d be crowing about them.

Get that and agree. However. He’s planted on the crease with his first movement back. The Aussies have sussed this and have and will continue to target it. He’s played the shot from the crease with little or no effort to get forward.

hooray for Denly ....first England batsman to reach double figures in the 3rd ashes test!!!

Beyond pathetic...have we got past the follow-on point yet???

FFS ....Denly gone for 12 .... twelve !!!

and now Bairstow gone ..... beyond belief these laughingly so called 'top order' batsmen .... anything but top the lot of them!!!

The 'play the ball' mindset of the top order does not work against persistently good bowling. The Aussies have bowled well, but how many balls were hitting the stumps? This England team is not coached to graft, they just get frustrated and hit out without thinking about the game situation.

I can't wait for Bayliss to go.

Wooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooo 50 runs (total) scored.... its only cost 6 wickets!!!

The 'play the ball' mindset of the top order does not work against persistently good bowling. The Aussies have bowled well, but how many balls were hitting the stumps? This England team is not coached to graft, they just get frustrated and hit out without thinking about the game situation.

I can't wait for Bayliss to go.

spot on @Gary Baldi

as for the convict Bayliss, is he a test cricket fifth columnist ? .... something really isnt right with England's test match batting (especially V convicts!)

Back
Top Bottom