EFL EFL Playoffs

Luton have been a constant threat from set pieces, and playing with much more intent. They thoroughly deserve there lead, but Sunderland have been very poor.

I think Middlesbrough will go up, but 3 of these playoff teams were in Lge 1 not long ago. So there is nothing to fear going up. It can be done!

Marcus Browne just sent an Instagram of him at the game. Signing for Luton ;)

Luton have been a constant threat from set pieces, and playing with much more intent. They thoroughly deserve there lead, but Sunderland have been very poor.

I think Middlesbrough will go up, but 3 of these playoff teams were in Lge 1 not long ago. So there is nothing to fear going up. It can be done!
Can I have some of what you’re smoking please? 😂

When did the Luton fans become a bunch a rabid fuckers?

They were always a bunch of rabid fuckers! Couldn't stand them when we were competing with them in the Conference (especially that night where we conceded two in injury time at their place to turn a 1-0 win into a 2-1 loss).....but got to respect the fact that they care, that they can generate a heck of an atmosphere and that they have been through a lot as a fanbase.

I hope they do get promoted. More than any other previous example, it would be a sign of what's possible for a club of our size (yes, Bournemouth are up there - but they were just bankrolled there by a Russian oligarch. Not going to say that Luton's owners haven't been supportive - but they haven't blown obscene amounts of cash on them).

Last edited:
Much as some don’t like them, Luton should serve as a lesson to our club on what can happen with the right ambition and use of funds.

can’t help but feel a little jealous of Luton and what they are achieving. I always dreamt it we’d be the first club to go from top flight, to non-league, back to top flight.

Crazy to think that Luton, a team who were in the conference at the same time as us are so close to the Premier League

They were there four years after we got out! Didn't get promoted back into the league until 2013-14, which was the final Wilder year.

If they do win the playoffs, that would be four promotions (and zero relegations) in ten years.

Strangely I can see Stockport doing a similar serge up the leagues to the championship.

Luton being one game from the Premier League when we left them behind in the Conference for four years, and then left them behind in League Two when we got promoted, is proof that anybody who has ever said “I don’t want to get promoted - we aren’t ready for the Championship anyway” is a Grade A moron.

f*****g hate Luton,at least if they go up they will get thrashed to s**t every week.

That game gave me flashbacks from our playoff vs Blackpool.

Sunderland were totally dominated throughout, physically and mentally. Never looked like winning. You will never see such a one sided game.

Luton fully deserved that. The determination was there from kick off to full time.

Middlesbrough will beat them in the final though.

Luton being one game from the Premier League when we left them behind in the Conference for four years, and then left them behind in League Two when we got promoted, is proof that anybody who has ever said “I don’t want to get promoted - we aren’t ready for the Championship anyway” is a Grade A moron.

Yep I’ve never understood fans of our club, saying we ain’t ready. Crazy people.

Our first season back in L2 was so drab and underwhelming, we missed a hell of an opportunity to build on the momentum and feel good factor of being back in the EFL. Where we settled for stability and safety, Luton did the opposite. Risk and reward but you need ambitious owners and a progressive manager - not Ian Lenagan, Kelvin Thomas or Chris Wilder.

Back
Top Bottom