EFL EFL Playoffs

Not only did Wednesday bottle the top 2 they have some how bottled the play offs. Their wage bill is massive and having worked with a Wednesday fan he has said that if they don’t go up this season they could be in trouble financially.
On top of that they never seem to be able to beat us.
I fancy Barnsley to go up.

Hillsborough is becoming more derelict as well with, like the Manor, the capacity being semi regularly reduced.

Bolton 1-1 Barnsley. I’d say Barnsley just favs because they will be at home in the 2nd leg.

Sunderland 0-1 Luton is a latest. In the Championship. Luton look well organised, especially at the back, and I think Sunderland may struggle to crack them over 2 legs.

Tonight it’s Salford v Stockport to try and get themselves an advantage and a place in the final and make it to Lge 1.

Sunderland 1-1 v Luton. Hell of a strike as well.

Not only did Wednesday bottle the top 2 they have some how bottled the play offs. Their wage bill is massive and having worked with a Wednesday fan he has said that if they don’t go up this season they could be in trouble financially.
On top of that they never seem to be able to beat us.
I fancy Barnsley to go up.

I think I read that Wednesday this season had the highest points total ever for a team that missed automatic promotion in Football League history?
That six game winless win in March/April - including the loss to FGR, and culminating in being fortunate to get a point at our place - really cost them.
But yeah, losing the first playoff game 4-0 is a proper bottle job.

I hope Barnsley go up - they're always decent, always tough to beat but there's nothing particularly interesting about playing or visiting them. Pretty average stadium in a pretty average town, with pretty average support home and away and not much edge.......

I think I read that Wednesday this season had the highest points total ever for a team that missed automatic promotion in Football League history?
That six game winless win in March/April - including the loss to FGR, and culminating in being fortunate to get a point at our place - really cost them.
But yeah, losing the first playoff game 4-0 is a proper bottle job.

I hope Barnsley go up - they're always decent, always tough to beat but there's nothing particularly interesting about playing or visiting them. Pretty average stadium in a pretty average town, with pretty average support home and away and not much edge.......

It’s a bloody dive (Barnsley) all up and down hills, and a massive walk down a footpath to the ground. Been too many times, and lost, and like you I hope they go up.

Conversely, Peterborough lost 17 of their 46 League games this season.

If they do go up, surely that has to be the highest ever number of defeats for a promoted team?

I doubt many sides have even finished 6th with that number of defeats (we managed to qualify for the play-offs with a whopping 16 in 2021 - but obviously didn't go up).

The play-offs are a funny old thing and there is often reward for sides that really go sh*t or bust throwing caution to the wind and putting together a run of wins at some point.

At the risk of triggering, it's effectively what those managers without the ability to build solid sides hope for (and sometimes build careers on).

Conversely, Darren Moore is sensible and pragmatic. 99 times out of 100 that would be enough. Not this season.

Sunderland 2-1 another goal for the Mackems would be amazing for them. If Luton can keep it this way, then they still have every chance.

Full Time Sunderland 2-1 Luton

Still very much all to play for at Kenilworth Road.

Last edited:
I will watch Bradford v Carlisle this evening. Hoping Carlisle come up, because of the Paul Simpson connection.

I will watch Bradford v Carlisle this evening. Hoping Carlisle come up, because of the Paul Simpson connection.
I want Carlisle to come up as I love a visit to their ground but then I’ve worked with Bradford keeper Harry Lewis in the past and he is a top top guy.

I’ve just been reminded that Mark Hughes is their manager, having worked with him as well then I can safely say that anyone who thinks Robinson is arrogant, Hughes is on another level!

Luton 1 up on the night to level up the aggregate score.

I really do hope they derail Sunderland’s train.

And get promoted.

Luton 1 up on the night to level up the aggregate score.

I really do hope they derail Sunderland’s train.

And get promoted.
Strange one isn’t it when you want Luton to be the team to go up considering the rivalry we had with them in the conference days.
I’d be happy to see either Luton or Middlesbrough to go up.

Crazy to think that Luton, a team who were in the conference at the same time as us are so close to the Premier League

Back
Top Bottom