Transfer News Eastwood wanted by Barnsley

What worries me is the fact that jack Stevens has been recalled.
If Easty has a minor injury that will only keep him out for tonight, I would have had no keeper on the bench for this one, if after tonight he's not going to be ready for the weekend, then I consider recalling Stevens.

At the moment it seems to indicate Eastwood could be going after all.

I truly hope he stays though.... if you take out the financial stuff, surely he's better off being our #1 rather than sitting on the bench at Barnsley, after all, they are rumoured to want him to 'provide competition to their other 2 keepers'.

Simon Eastwood - Please STAY @ OXFORD UNITED

Andy Woodman' son. It's meant to be..
If it was an 18 month loan i wouldnt mind but 6 months would be poor, changing the keeper again in the summer,when we're trying to build wouldn't be very wise.

Just hope SE stays. The man is the greatest keeper we've had in last 15 years.

If it was an 18 month loan i wouldnt mind but 6 months would be poor, changing the keeper again in the summer,when we're trying to build wouldn't be very wise.

Just hope SE stays. The man is the greatest keeper we've had in last 15 years.
Each loan I consider to be a trial with a view to a permanent signing like we did with Roofe. I don't expect January is the time to do a deal on a first team goalkeeper.

Each loan I consider to be a trial with a view to a permanent signing like we did with Roofe. I don't expect January is the time to do a deal on a first team goalkeeper.
The issue with Woodman is he is highly rated at Newscastle and there is talk up north on him being cup keeper for them for the rest of season. Means that we'd either have to smash our record transfer fee or we will have to recruit another in the summer.

In before PEP goes and swerves this and signs Vigouroux if Eastwood leaves.

‪I’m not happy Easty could be leaving, but I’m delighted we’re looking to replace him with Freddy woodman and not the Albanian version of David James ‬

The issue with Woodman is he is highly rated at Newscastle and there is talk up north on him being cup keeper for them for the rest of season. Means that we'd either have to smash our record transfer fee or we will have to recruit another in the summer.

In before PEP goes and swerves this and signs Vigouroux if Eastwood leaves.

Would be interesting if we signed Vigouroux and Maguire.:eek:;)

Eastwood fit and ready to play yesterday morning. Unless he injured his shoulder later on in the day something isn't right.

Just playing devils advocate for a moment. If the scenario is that Barnsley have made a bid and Eastwood himself wants to go - I have no idea if any of that is the case - then the club standing in his way and refusing to let him go would be very damaging for the business model of attracting good young players, developing them and selling them on. Players would think twice if they felt any potential advancement was going to be blocked. I do understand people’s argument about keeping good players so that we ourselves can advance, but in reality players are always going to get their heads turned. I’d be really sorry to see Eastwood go, in my opinion he is our most important player, it has to be said I can’t remember a player before who’s signing was met with such indifference by the supporters go on to change everyone’s opinion so much, but it is a good sign that we possess players that other clubs, higher up the pyramid, covet

Back
Top Bottom