Transfer News Eastwood wanted by Barnsley

A good L1 keeper, of Eastwood's age (in his prime, with little room for improvement with age) would set you back about £300-500k.

The issue is Eastwood will know that if he is to play championship football/earn a big wage, he needs to move soon, while his stock is high.

You ought to see what Barnsley want for their untried never before played for the first team of Barnsley for An 18yr old keeper and if they want whet they want then we have to ask for more.
His name is Jake Turner and Bolton want 4 million so we have to ask for more or our selling module is
Pants.

So Jake Turner 18 year old from Bolton never played a 1st game is being quoted at 4 million yeah right if that’s the case then Eastwood would be with similar if not more otherwise we need to employ the fella from Bolton so he can sell out players and make a fortune
The reason Bolton are trying to get £4m will be because he is viewed as being a potential Prem player. As with wages, transfer fees ramp up hugely if a lower league player is viewed as having Prem potential. That's why we got £3m for Roofe when he hadn't played above L2. The only way Bolton will get anywhere near £4m is with multipe add ons, including international caps. Much though I like Eastwood he won't play in the Prem. His market value

The reason Bolton are trying to get £4m will be because he is viewed as being a potential Prem player. As with wages, transfer fees ramp up hugely if a lower league player is viewed as having Prem potential. That's why we got £3m for Roofe when he hadn't played above L2. The only way Bolton will get anywhere near £4m is with multipe add ons, including international caps. Much though I like Eastwood he won't play in the Prem. His market value

Championship is Eastwoods limit and if OUFC are looking and hoping Brannigan signs then that’s showing commitment for the first time This season then you need to keep hold of our decent players. I would dearly love to see OUFC in the championship , we can forget the premiership unless we get some gullible sheik or Russian oil billionaire ( probably ex KGB ) but hey let’s go with the flow comrade.

Alan Judge is considering coming out of retirement so read in to that what you like

In my opinion he's our most important player and has probably saved us at least 10 points this season so far. To lose him in January with our defence as it is would be a disaster. I can't see it happening for a couple of reasons as A; I think Pep would walk and B; I think it would be the final nail in the coffin RE relationship between Eales and large numbers of the fans.

There's absolutely no way we would find a replacement anywhere near as good as Eastwood is and there's no way our current back ups are up to the job at the moment.

I understand we have a selling model for the right price but sometimes the club comes first and this would not be in our interest at all.
I am also concerned that we have NOT replaced the Head Of Recruitment, who was head-hunter by Leeds in Q4.

How much for Dickie compensation no more! He never started for Reading so 100-150k I would think and no we wouldn’t pay a 5 figure wage unless we were in the Championship and even then if we have good sponsorship along with the championship income. As regard Moore if he had come here it would be similar to us bringing Eddie Hutchinson here rather than him go to the scum. But there’s 4 million floating from last summers transfer activity and if you think that was used up in part for Pekalski and Dickie then you need to look at reality. But who knows if we get 5 million for Easty then the club may spend out a bit that would be a total of around 8 million spare, unless Daryl wants to fill him snoockets and f**k the club.
I dont believe there was £4m of transfer income from last Summer, as all the player sales were "undisclosed" and I know that Mr Eales has stated that clubs dont pay transfer fees up front but in staged payments. IHMO Easty true is £250k-£500k.

Also, people need to understand how the transfer market works. It is very hard to stop players leaving to play in better leagues with better wages. You can force them to stay, but it typically doesn't end well.

All this 'lack of ambition' stuff is nonsense. If players were being sold to L2 clubs or similar size L1 clubs, I'd agree. Players want and need to progress up the pyramid. Wouldn't you want to play in a better league for more money? We will have our best players signed by bigger clubs. It's just the way it is. The key thing is to hold out for a good fee and re-invest.

That's the dirty truth of our youth-based recruitment programme - it's about making money and accepting quality players will leave - but to make the most of them while they are here.
I guess that most people get this. There is the occasional one that will suggest 'lack of ambition' etc. But of course the salaries are hugely higher in the Championship. Of course players are going to want to play there.
One thing that DE has been very good at is getting top dollar for the players who have left. I hope very much that Eastwood does not leave. If he does we need to have a quality replacement lined up and get as much as we can.

I guess that most people get this. There is the occasional one that will suggest 'lack of ambition' etc. But of course the salaries are hugely higher in the Championship. Of course players are going to want to play there.
One thing that DE has been very good at is getting top dollar for the players who have left. I hope very much that Eastwood does not leave. If he does we need to have a quality replacement lined up and get as much as we can.
Mr Eales is Daniel Levy of L1?

You ought to see what Barnsley want for their untried never before played for the first team of Barnsley for An 18yr old keeper and if they want whet they want then we have to ask for more.
His name is Jake Turner and Bolton want 4 million so we have to ask for more or our selling module is
Pants.
Our selling model can hardly be called pants.

To get £3M for Johnson was unbelievable business.

I would reckon that Bolton have no chance of getting £4M for unless a big club reckon that he will be a top Premiership player. If that is the case then he will have far far more potential than Eastwood. Big clubs are happy to spend based on huge potential. Eastwood has been fantastic for us but being realistic he is not likely to play above mid Championship at best.

I reckon that if we received £0.5M to £1M for Eastwood we will have done pretty well. Talk of £3M to £4M is absolutely ridiculous.

I think people need to stop believing all they read in the papers.

Bolton are skint, the £4 mill was just a figure plucked out of the air,they would bite your hand off for a mill.
Jake Turner is currently on loan at Stalybridge Celtic in the NORTHERN PREMIER LEAGUE.

According to this report.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42607161

Dele Ali is worth 171 million Euros.
Lukaku 165 million
Rashford 127 million

And Martial is worth more than Ronaldo :):):)

An untried 18 year old against an experienced 26 yer old when for a keeper is his prime then yes we should look more than what some
I dont believe there was £4m of transfer income from last Summer, as all the player sales were "undisclosed" and I know that Mr Eales has stated that clubs dont pay transfer fees up front but in staged payments. IHMO Easty true is £250k-£500k.

3 million plus for Johnson 750+ for Lundstarm and a decent wedge of compo For MAPP easily 4 million and Easty higher than 500k and if Eales pats his transfer fees in stages then that’s up to him and the club concerned, but if the selling club want the transfer fee us front then Eales has to pay up front or move onto another target.

I know we make loses most seasons but I said I think we get t 3million up front for Johnson with add ons, don’t forget part of the fee was a sell on to Motherwell so before any transfer fee is required you start with the sell on then add your transfer fee which I’m sure would include add ons and another sell on clause, but then you could say the transfer a certain amount is paid up front and in this case I believe it was 3 million for Johnsom

I very much doubt Boro gave us £3m in one lump when he moved, they will be paying in instalments.

Our selling model can hardly be called pants.

To get £3M for Johnson was unbelievable business.

I would reckon that Bolton have no chance of getting £4M for unless a big club reckon that he will be a top Premiership player. If that is the case then he will have far far more potential than Eastwood. Big clubs are happy to spend based on huge potential. Eastwood has been fantastic for us but being realistic he is not likely to play above mid Championship at best.

I reckon that if we received £0.5M to £1M for Eastwood we will have done pretty well. Talk of £3M to £4M is absolutely ridiculous.
We will have to wait and see if there is interest in Eastwood and then see how good Eales negotiations are in regard if the potential transfer
I very much doubt Boro gave us £3m in one lump when he moved, they will be paying in instalments.
but there are add ons as well but I’m sure I read we wanted payment up front as well what we asked as with the final day of the transfer window, who knows because if there is a sell in and should Johnson go before we’ve been fully paid things could get awkward. In the past a couple of times plates have been sold where the sell on hasn’t been paid and it gets tasty with the fa and they tend to favour clubs higher up in the Pyramid. I think us buying Dean Windass and is transfer in him was the only way we could pay Aberdeen how we never got clobbered for that I will never know

It is very common to pay in instalments. In fact in the overwhelming majority of transfers. You should see some club's balance sheets. Instalments going in and out all over the shop!

Back
Top Bottom