E scooters

Another reason to emigrate Cassox. In the Netherlands electric bikes are limited to 25 kpm and may use the cycle paths. There are more expensive e-bikes capable of 45kph wich have to be licensed, the rider must wear a helmet, and they are NOT allowed on the cycles lanes in built-up areas.

I have an e-bike, a Cannondale, "capable" of 25kph but I've got it up to 34kph on the flat (which of course is most of the time here).

Same rulkes apply to e-scooters here I believe. It's just simple common sense.
.Don't know if that applies to the rest of the EU.
The daftest rule over here is that you cannot ride a privately owned escooter on the road but if you have just a normal push scooter you can go on the road but cannot use the paths or cycle lanes:oops::rolleyes:

I have had a dig about and it seems that we are the only country in the world that has a problem with escooters.....nanny state ...and the laws are NOT clear...as i said...can i rent my escooter to someone???
Wrong Escooters have been used extensively here in Asia for sometime. In Singapore they have had the same challenges with e scooters and e bikes being used on roads and pavements with people being knocked down and even killed.

Wrong Escooters have been used extensively here in Asia for sometime. In Singapore they have had the same challenges with e scooters and e bikes being used on roads and pavements with people being knocked down and even killed.
eScooters have been banned on all roads, pathways & HDBs for over 1 year in Singapore mate. Yet, can only be used on cycle tracks & park connectors, has to be registered and rider must be over 16.
They were very popular here, could be collapsed & taken on public transport & taxis which are efficient & reasonable.
eBikes have taken over the majority of eScooters, those who work in the food delivery business; which is massive here.
Whereas cars cost from £50,000 upwards including a COE for 10 years = 3 times the price of the same car in England.
A lot of Westerners use to own eScooters here. I can't remember you @HKYellow ever owning one?!
The concept of zippy from a bus stop/train station to the office or home with that cool breeze and being totally in control at a fraction of owning a car was just too appealing! I use to love to (try) and wind them up at pedestrian crossings. "Mate, what grub are you delivering? Smells so yummy"

if you cant put anything interesting and usefull please stop trying to be clever....theres a good boy.
Stop asking stupid questions that have been answered already.
You clearly need to be spoon fed the answers and this may well sound patronising.

*If || useful || there's

I have had a dig about and it seems that we are the only country in the world that has a problem with escooters.....nanny state ...and the laws are NOT clear...as i said...can i rent my escooter to someone???
Yes, if you signed up to the Council scheme, meet the correct standards and covered the public liability as the other Companies have done.
But I doubt it would make financial sense for just one eScooter.

Yes, if you signed up to the Council scheme, meet the correct standards and covered the public liability as the other Companies have done.
But I doubt it would make financial sense for just one eScooter.
How do you know regarding liability and standards??.....you DON'T do you? in fact you havent a clue about what the council scheme entails. pfffffff

Stop asking stupid questions that have been answered already.
You clearly need to be spoon fed the answers and this may well sound patronising.

*If || useful || there's
please refer to my previous suggestion

How do you know regarding liability and standards??.....you DON'T do you? in fact you havent a clue about what the council scheme entails. pfffffff
You’re right, I don’t have experience running an eScooter hiring business.
But as a contractor we do occasionally carry out work for the Council. They make sure we have Public Liability Insurance, even for very minor works. But to be fair, it’s good practice to have it anyway.
The Council are also very strict on Health and Safety in a way that wouldn’t apply on non Council work below a certain size.

These are the experiences I’m drawing upon in an effort to answer your question.

Considering how thorough the Council are when awarding contracts, i’d be highly surprised is the Council just decided, on this occasion, to let these eScooter companies have an unregulated free hit.

You’re right, I don’t have experience running an eScooter hiring business.
But as a contractor we do occasionally carry out work for the Council. They make sure we have Public Liability Insurance, even for very minor works. But to be fair, it’s good practice to have it anyway.
The Council are also very strict on Health and Safety in a way that wouldn’t apply on non Council work below a certain size.

These are the experiences I’m drawing upon in an effort to answer your question.

Considering how thorough the Council are when awarding contracts, i’d be highly surprised is the Council just decided, on this occasion, to let these eScooter companies have an unregulated free hit.
But what about if he wanted to hire it out to his mate? :rolleyes:

Doesn't say anything about her not wearing a helmet, which EY said was compulsory.
The courts deal with legislation not requirements by specific hire companies.

If there are any? Maybe EY got it wrong but the rest of his information was spot on.

Back
Top Bottom