E scooters

cassox

Why can i use a rented Escooter on the road but i cant use my privately owned one ?? is the way round this ridiculous "law" is for me to "rent" an Escooter from a friend??? whats the law?? really confusing.

All allowed here in the Netherlands. Even allowed on cycle tracks if low-powered.

Emigrate?

The laws is a bit vague,i have seem loads on the road in Oxford (privately owned) no-one seems to know the law including the police.

The law is perfectly clear. They are illegal on the road, pavements and cycle paths and can only be used on private land.
Theoretically its a £300 fine and six points on your licence, if you have one.
They are classified as PLEV`s (Personal Light Electric Vehicles).

In the trial zones (DoT approved & monitored) the hire schemes require a provisional or full driving licence.

They are a feckin menace on pavements and the Police do feck all about them.

The law is perfectly clear. They are illegal on the road, pavements and cycle paths and can only be used on private land.

In the trial zones (DoT approved & monitored) the hire schemes require a provisional or full driving licence.

In the trial zones can they be used on pavements, cycle paths and roads?

Roads & cycle path`s, with a helmet. They are also restricted to 15mph or so.
thing is, in the Headington area- where the E-scooters are being trialled- there are several cycle lanes that are also the pavement too ( Headley way , parts of London road for example)

The question is ....whats the difference between a hire and a private one??? pisstake i reckon,any other country doesnt have this bull:poop:.....also like the failed cycle scheme the only people that use them will be foreign students

If i hire my E scooter out to a friend for a nominal fee how does that stand???

Oh yes.....there's hundreds of them going 50mph all over Oxford......NOT! ....

Roads & cycle path`s, with a helmet. They are also restricted to 15mph or so.
There are loads of the hire ones around Milton Keynes - two different companies at least - and I've seen plenty of them being used... yet to see anyone wearing a helmet.

The question is ....whats the difference between a hire and a private one??? pisstake i reckon,any other country doesnt have this bull:poop:.....also like the failed cycle scheme the only people that use them will be foreign students
I believe the hired ones have a top speed of 15mph ?

I believe the hired ones have a top speed of 15mph ?
so wheres the problem if your private scooter has the same top speed?? if you use a electric bike on the road you can if its a 15mph max.....why is the scooter law different??

The reason other countries allow citizens to use these scooters is because in those countries people take responsibility for their actions and are compliant with rules. In our country we have too many people who ignore the rules and don’t take responsibility for their actions, blaming the council/government/anyone else if they come off their scooter.

so wheres the problem if your private scooter has the same top speed?? if you use a electric bike on the road you can if its a 15mph max.....why is the scooter law different??

Can't you take back control now Britain is free of the Euronanny state?

• React
Reactions: m
Back
Top Bottom