Ex-Staff Chris Williams Leaves

What, that small room of about 20 people on here ??? There's about 7500 other Oxford fans not on here. How about you reading THAT room and realising that unless you can present some proper, substantiated content - and quotes - rather than just playground gossip then there's no room for me to read. Very few are under their own name on here, just spill the beans - what is there to lose ? It's all 'I heard this and that' - where's the meat on these bones of a sparrow.
Do you really think 110 of 112 people having no faith in Tim Williams is in no representative of the current mood in the wider fanbase?

I wonder if his role is being curtailed during the summer? We simply don't know.

For example, should the new commercial fella see fit, without 'supporter' consultation, he could bin the matchday hard-copy programme.
I don’t see anyone buy them, surely it’s a loss leader and stopping it makes sense

Don't forget the programme collectors,
It would be a sad day, never to get a copy ever again.
Typical of the way the world is going,
Down hill.....

Do you really think 110 of 112 people having no faith in Tim Williams is in no representative of the current mood in the wider fanbase?
Well, we'll agree to disagree. I just wasn't hearing this level of dissatisfaction when were 2nd under the same board, which to me is proof that the whole downturn around the club filters down from the pitch. Yes, the board appointed Buckingham so they have to carry the can for that mishap but he was a unanimous choice amongst the fan base too. It's the world we live in, one of shifting blame, creating divisions.

Grant - a genuine man with good ideas who's limited presence (or lack thereof) allows space for incompetent day to day management. Needs to bite the bullet and be a full time leader or hand over to someone who can.

Tim - Arrogant, out of his depth and frankly clueless. He probably knows it too and so puts on an act to try and appear to be the Big Man. Woefully short of leadership and decision making ability and very insecure in himself. Supposedly incapable of focusing on one thing for more than five minutes and is like a hyperactive teenager who has a meltdown when he can't have things his own way.

Benson - an absolute snake. Manipulates those around him. Total self interest and disregard for the fans, the club or anyone but himself. Has a litany of failures behind him.

From staff I speak to at the club Benson is the one they hate the most, Williams they just think is a fool and Grant seems to garner some respect.
Exactly what I've heard. Benson IS the problem and Williams is weak. Grant is ok.

I have to admit that I don’t buy a programme and don’t know much about CW other than he works for the club. Other than him referring to his self as a ‘customer’ I can’t see anything too enlightning to say he’s been booted out. Even the ‘customer’ bit is open to interpretation.
Believe me he loves the club but he's had enough of Benson.

But Dick, Tim and Grant would have known it was Chris’ last game, whereby, he has been a main contributor to the program for 20+ years, so you would have thought that they would have put some kind words in his last program/match. No matter how you want to play this, I believe, and I believe many others do, that reading between the lines that there appears to be some kind of breakdown between Chris & Tim e.g. no love lost based upon Chris’ ‘customer’ remark and Tim/Grant not referencing Chris’ time and the club and his overall contribution in HIS last program, especially as he (Chris) was a main contributor like I said.

Anyway, the majority are obviously not going to convince you otherwise, so I guess it’s a case of let the majority agree to disagree.
it's Benson that's the problem.

So leaving the Club he loves after enduring awful times when a new Stadium and the Club will be looking to be in the Championship so a really exciting time for the Club he leaves , mid season, to go to a part time National League South club .
Yes , really makes perfect sense.
I'm afraid that the Bensons of this world only see and talk corporate crap as you seem to be the same ilk Dick.
Loyalty, experience dirty words .

They're in the National League at the moment, though they are looking extremely likely to be back in the South again for next season.

They're in the National League at the moment, though they are looking extremely likely to be back in the South again for next season.
I know but extremely unlikely they will be for much longer were / are batting above their level .
Be great if they did survive but Chris is hardly going to a big club at that level who are one of the few part time.

I know but extremely unlikely they will be for much longer were / are batting above their level .
Be great if they did survive but Chris is hardly going to a big club at that level who are one of the few part time.
No, but he must also be mid-late 50s?
So a local role, still in football, but perhaps less stressful and with less interference may well be an ideal opportunity that falls into place when he has simply got fed up with things at OUFC.
Presumably allows him to continue his freelance media work through his business as well.

No, but he must also be mid-late 50s?
So a local role, still in football, but perhaps less stressful and with less interference may well be an ideal opportunity that falls into place when he has simply got fed up with things at OUFC.
Presumably allows him to continue his freelance media work through his business as well.
Yes not knocking City just obviously everything isn't as rosy as it should be for Chris to leave for a less stressful no doubt but lesser job when we are at a potentially exciting period with the New Stadium on the horizon.

it's Benson that's the problem.
I’m sure Tim could overrule him if he wanted to show his appreciation of Chris’ services, but understand that Benson might be an issue for day to day management/operations etc

Tim has to get Benson’s approval before he can overrule Benson.
The same Benson who has allowed a news article to be on the website all day on Mother’s Days Gifts go up on the website with a link which, instead of taking you to the club shop, links you straight back to the article you’re already reading.

The same Benson who has allowed a news article to be on the website all day on Mother’s Days Gifts go up on the website with a link which, instead of taking you to the club shop, links you straight back to the article you’re already reading.

I’ve been stuck on it for the last hour.

Endlessly, hopelessly clicking. Desperate for an OUFC branded vibrator.

Back
Top Bottom