Ex-Staff Chris Williams Leaves

a
For any club employees that have worked at the club through all the bad years this should be an exciting time to work there with the stadium move coming. Yet they are leaving. Have a think about that.

Add this to the fact Niall McWilliams apparantly wanted to quit too & has taken a back seat & is now a safeguarding officer, all is not quite right at the club and anyone who can’t see that the club is being destroyed by Williams and Ferguson need to open their eyes. They are not even being subtle about it.

Logs on to twitter, sees the back lash from the fans, quickly tweets thanking CW.

It’s becoming a common theme where it takes a bit of backlash from the fans for club officials to do the right thing.

Reactive and not proactive. See Tim Williams rushed update where Chris Hackett was announced as ‘Assistant Manager’ too.

The stadium comms in recent weeks have been welcomed so there is evidence they can be on the front foot. There’s a lot of damning evidence that they aren’t - the OxVox update that revealed the conversation with Benson and Williams was testament to that. It was tetchy, dismissive and completely missed the point for why fans were asking for better communications.

Grant - a genuine man with good ideas who's limited presence (or lack thereof) allows space for incompetent day to day management. Needs to bite the bullet and be a full time leader or hand over to someone who can.

Tim - Arrogant, out of his depth and frankly clueless. He probably knows it too and so puts on an act to try and appear to be the Big Man. Woefully short of leadership and decision making ability and very insecure in himself. Supposedly incapable of focusing on one thing for more than five minutes and is like a hyperactive teenager who has a meltdown when he can't have things his own way.

Benson - an absolute snake. Manipulates those around him. Total self interest and disregard for the fans, the club or anyone but himself. Has a litany of failures behind him.

From staff I speak to at the club Benson is the one they hate the most, Williams they just think is a fool and Grant seems to garner some respect.

And that is also the view of several seniors at the club - Grant good, Tim bad.
Totally correct. His lack of presence is a hindrance but is the one who has some respect. TW has none.
AB also has none. Has been absolute snake to media team from before season started. Decided commercial team would take on much of the comms - see all the links to club shop on posts. Communication from club to fans reduced because of him.

Chris Williams IS Oxford United.

He’s served the club for 20 odd years and the chairman decided to use his ‘notes’ to commend a match officials career, instead of a man that has lived and breathed OUFC for so long?

Are any of us happy with this?
do you think Tim Williams writes his own programme notes?
I thought that Chris Williams basically writes them all from manager to chairman, or that was how it used to work.
So CW is hardly going to ghost write a set of notes praising himself?

Good luck for the future Chris and well done for what you have done with your time at the club

Grant - a genuine man with good ideas who's limited presence (or lack thereof) allows space for incompetent day to day management. Needs to bite the bullet and be a full time leader or hand over to someone who can.

Tim - Arrogant, out of his depth and frankly clueless. He probably knows it too and so puts on an act to try and appear to be the Big Man. Woefully short of leadership and decision making ability and very insecure in himself. Supposedly incapable of focusing on one thing for more than five minutes and is like a hyperactive teenager who has a meltdown when he can't have things his own way.

Benson - an absolute snake. Manipulates those around him. Total self interest and disregard for the fans, the club or anyone but himself. Has a litany of failures behind him.

From staff I speak to at the club Benson is the one they hate the most, Williams they just think is a fool and Grant seems to garner some respect.
A lot more negativity has come through our club since Benson arrived and yes I agree with your views over Grant and Tim

A lot more negativity has come through our club since Benson arrived and yes I agree with your views over Grant and Tim

Seems like Benson needs to be knocked down a peg or two!
We all know Tim’s weaknesses re; the a Robinson saga, so I guess he’s weak in dealing with Benson, either way he’s f*****g useless too.

That feels/seem a very accurate account.

do you think Tim Williams writes his own programme notes?
I thought that Chris Williams basically writes them all from manager to chairman, or that was how it used to work.
So CW is hardly going to ghost write a set of notes praising himself?
Chris used to write them but they were Tim's words yesterday. He finally deigned to acknowledge us to say the atmosphere we create is letting the club down. It's not as if there was no time or space to acknowledge someone leaving as he devoted a paragraph to the fourth official who was involved in their last game which seemed incredibly petty considering the same applied to a guy who's given over two decades to the club.

Chris used to write them but they were Tim's words yesterday. He finally deigned to acknowledge us to say the atmosphere we create is letting the club down. It's not as if there was no time or space to acknowledge someone leaving as he devoted a paragraph to the fourth official who was involved in their last game which seemed incredibly petty considering the same applied to a guy who's given over two decades to the club.
And referred to him as "the referee" - bit of a slip up there!

It’s not an official club event, so they probably won’t be involved. It’s an OUSP / OxVox event so no skin off their nose. Has the club actually acknowledged or advertised the forum at their end, or is it only OxVox and OUSP that have done so?

New person is coming from Scotland. Even the club doesn’t have a start date for them yet.
The club haven’t posted about the fans forum anywhere unless I’ve missed it?

Call me sceptical but it wouldn’t surprise if something cropped up and Tim Williams suddenly couldn’t make the fans forum.

They were relying on us being happy because planning has been put in. They will have certainly noticed the feelings towards the news of Chris Williams leaving and will not be looking forward to meeting the fans.

The club haven’t posted about the fans forum anywhere unless I’ve missed it?

Call me sceptical but it wouldn’t surprise if something cropped up and Tim Williams suddenly couldn’t make the fans forum.

They were relying on us being happy because planning has been put in. They will have certainly noticed the feelings towards the news of Chris Williams leaving and will not be looking forward to meeting the fans.
IF they ( TW & GF ) had held the promised FF BEFORE the end of last season- or in the summer, they'd have less to be wary of IMO ... allowing more or less a year and a half ( I think) to go between FFs is totally their own fault, there's a profusion of subjects that need raising publically - some of which I suspect have been raised by OUSP and knocked back/ ignored/ filed as insignificant By AB in the interim, that are likely to be flagged up- FF time allowing of course

I don't know either way who wrote the chairman's notes.
Somehow you do.
and for an out of touch chairman to even know about a match official's last game seems unlikely.

IF they ( TW & GF ) had held the promised FF BEFORE the end of last season- or in the summer, they'd have less to be wary of IMO ... allowing more or less a year and a half ( I think) to go between FFs is totally their own fault, there's a profusion of subjects that need raising publically - some of which I suspect have been raised by OUSP and knocked back/ ignored/ filed as insignificant By AB in the interim, that are likely to be flagged up- FF time allowing of course
Exactly this, they have caused this mess themselves and really need to look in the mirror and ask themselves are they running this club like a top 30 club that they want to be? The answer right now is a clear no.

Ironically, even after the mess Robinson got us in, they are taking us backwards with the clear lack of structure which is now showing on the pitch.

Poor and weak leadership at the top of an organisation filters down and we are witnessing that right now.

Back
Top Bottom