Home Match Day Thread Charlie Methven at Kasstad

I think a lot of you are being unfair on Charlie. He’s been an Oxford fan for decades. If he has a day job at Sunderland / Charlton wherever doesn’t stop him being Oxford.
Charlie deserves everything he gets. He is a liar and some of the stuff he has said on here and then gone and done when out and about would disgust so many people. I even messaged him at my about some of it, surprisingly I never got a reply.

He might claim to be an Oxford fan but for me I want him as far away from our club as possible.

Charlton seems to have been a poisoned chalice for a long, long time. .

I thought their current squad looked useful on Saturday and the decision to bin off Holden before the end of August looks panic-stricken and par for their course.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see chippy Chris at the helm now.

If I were part of the SE Partners ownership group at Charlton I would want to approach Cambridge for permission to speak with Mark Bonner.

I think he would be a good fit. Charlton fans won’t want to see Karl Robinson return to the Valley.

Not sure Nathan Jones or Chris Wilder would want to drop to L1. Darren Moore would be interested I would think and similarly would be a good fit.

The best fit would be a coach/manager that can work with young players, as that's what they will be doing at Charlton. They have a very good academy and getting the best out of that production line would be their most sensible way forward. Someone like Michael Appleton would be ideal............

The best fit would be a coach/manager that can work with young players, as that's what they will be doing at Charlton. They have a very good academy and getting the best out of that production line would be their most sensible way forward. Someone like Michael Appleton would be ideal............

Agree. Methane will also be very aware of Appleton’s qualities.

He won’t be cheap though, plus Charlton have just had to pay off Holden who only signed a 3 year contract in March.

Would be the most sensible appointment looking at it from the outside.

Under normal circumstances, MApp would be a good fit to develop their academy prospects into the first team whilst also getting the best from a reasonable squad.

However, my understanding is that there are issues behind the scenes because of the erratic behaviour of the board. I know someone who has been a lifelong fan and they said that Charlton were signing names rather than players. There was no cohesion and they were seemingly looking to sign another high profile name rather than filling the gaps needed in the squad. They said that it screams of PR and Netflix rather than a properly run club, and Holden had fallen out with the board as a result.

Charlton are in danger of becoming a Sunderland-esque basket case, which is just fine with me!

Back
Top Bottom