Tickets Bolton Wanderers v OUFC Ticket Thread

Not if they like thousands of casuals they didn’t update a long forgotten fan account.

If it's that. All they have to do is email the club and they will tell them their fan number. They then can set up a new account and link that fan number.

Anyone that wants to go will be able to get a ticket, everyone will know someone who can get them one, if we don,t sell out that won,t be why, the cost is much more likely to put any "casual" fans off

I do agree with you about the prices though, it’s a third division game, not enough of the cheaper tickets and the jump ups are far too steep.

If we sell 25,000 or above now I will be happy, Wembley, ticketmaster and the FL have caused this and it’s there f**k up.

If it's that. All they have to do is email the club and they will tell them their fan number. They then can set up a new account and link that fan number.

I have sorted them now, but they were never going to do that. Casual fans are casual for a reason, Wembley is a good chance to turn them into something a bit more but you have to get them there first, this is where this system falls down.

With all the problems and issues over obtaining tickets, I would sincerely hope that the club have something ready to go on the front page of the club website for tomorrow morning. Something that explains the process in easy to understand terms and FAQ's for all those who are not account holders or whatever it is required to have in order to purchase tickets.
Anything that prevents or hinders sales is sheer incompetence and would be a very poor indictment of the club's set up.
@OxVox @OUSP I take it both of you are on the case?

Which will create an account with a date stamp after the 8th May so can't be used to buy tickets.

OUFC is a club with a relatively small core support and a massive base of very casual well wishers around the region for whom a Wembley trip is catnip. It's the opposite to Bolton. This system hugely disadvantages us.

I have sorted them now, but they were never going to do that. Casual fans are casual for a reason, Wembley is a good chance to turn them into something a bit more but you have to get them there first, this is where this system falls down.
There might be just as many who watch the match on Sky and who start supporting the team instead of or in addition to or who never liked football in the first place 😏

Trying to get a disabled access ticket. No reply to an email yet, understandable given the circumstances, not had the chance to phone and read the FAQ’s. However, each time I try to purchase one all I get is a chance to buy a non disabled ticket. What am I doing wrong?

With all the problems and issues over obtaining tickets, I would sincerely hope that the club have something ready to go on the front page of the club website for tomorrow morning. Something that explains the process in easy to understand terms and FAQ's for all those who are not account holders or whatever it is required to have in order to purchase tickets.
Anything that prevents or hinders sales is sheer incompetence and would be a very poor indictment of the club's set up.
It definitely could have been explained better. I feel the club communicated in language a lot of people don’t really understand when it comes to ticketing. The club should have been really clear in the emails sent a week ago that you must setup an account to buy Wembley tickets. Then there was confusion over whether everyone had to be a member / ST holder who you were buying for. Plus lots of talk of yellows accounts, yellows members and fan numbers, which to some people means nothing.

Simple communication would have been so much better, without all the fan number jargon. I think that means more to the marketing department than regular fans.

Totally agree with this and lots of the comments on here. We've made it as hard as possible for the casual fan, got our selling windows wrong, and not really communicated any updates on people having issues which could inform others. Couple that with the weird decision from Wembley not have upper tiers open when we are all but sold out of lower section and only higher value middle/family sections are free and it will definitely affect ticket sales. I had the view that we'd only scrape 30k anyway, but we've made it much harder to attract the day tripper than it should have been.

It definitely could have been explained better. I feel the club communicated in language a lot of people don’t really understand when it comes to ticketing. The club should have been really clear in the emails sent a week ago that you must setup an account to buy Wembley tickets. Then there was confusion over whether everyone had to be a member / ST holder who you were buying for. Plus lots of talk of yellows accounts, yellows members and fan numbers, which to some people means nothing.

Simple communication would have been so much better, without all the fan number jargon. I think that means more to the marketing department than regular fans.
@OUSP - this is true. Not for now but with almost everything happening online these days club might want to consider setting up a testing process. I reckon there's loads of people on here who'd be willing to user test stuff before it goes live.

Totally agree with this and lots of the comments on here. We've made it as hard as possible for the casual fan, got our selling windows wrong, and not really communicated any updates on people having issues which could inform others. Couple that with the weird decision from Wembley not have upper tiers open when we are all but sold out of lower section and only higher value middle/family sections are free and it will definitely affect ticket sales. I had the view that we'd only scrape 30k anyway, but we've made it much harder to attract the day tripper than it should have been.
95% of this down to Wembley not the club. Get the feeling the club has been taken slightly by surprise too and been overwhelmed. Fact is that Wembley have set up a system here which works quite well for premier League clubs where demand from their core support massively outstrips supply and is frustrating but ok for bigger clubs down the pyramid but absolutely lousy for clubs like us. The EFL as usual seems to have just lazily accepted it. I wonder if they'll apply the same policies to Crewe and Crawley.

Last edited:
Any message the Club sent would need to tie in with what WembleyPLC/EFL insist they do. There is the problem.

Hence you buy a digital ticket and then wait for Wembley/EFL to "ratify it" by Tuesday....or Wednesday.

If they are stipulating "must be a ST Holder" or "must be a member" then why aren`t said tickets just sent as we have met that criteria to buy them!

Just another pointless obstacle

I do agree with you about the prices though, it’s a third division game, not enough of the cheaper tickets and the jump ups are far too steep.

If we sell 25,000 or above now I will be happy, Wembley, ticketmaster and the FL have caused this and it’s there f**k up.
It’s £30 to watch Man City, so in some cases our league game costs are more than theirs!!

And explained that you’d need to log back on if you needed more than 6 tickets! even if you have multiple fan numbers assigned within your network!

Not on the FAQ’s as most people/fans will just follow the process and only refer to the FAQ’s once they hit a snag, but if those two communications are not aligned then it causes more confusion!

Last edited:
Looking at the ticketing map as it stands at 10:50 today, Sunday. Mrs L and myself wish to purchase two tickets, adjacent to each other. We have decided that, as it's Wembley, we get concessionary prices and it's OUFC and damn it all, because we can, we want to buy two Category 1 seats. Guess what? We can't, why? Because there aren't any available.
That, Wembley Stadium and EFL is crass stupidity. You are preventing us spending our money. You are denying income to our club. You irritating the f**k out of me (and Mrs L) by your idiotic policies.
Wake up and sort this shambles.

1715507659430.png

Back
Top Bottom