Fan's View Fan's View 23/24 - No.42: Bolton away

Yes, there really are no words to describe last night Paul. If there's no real improvement on Saturday I reckon his P45 will be being prepared!

The match day thread and your report should be obligatory reading for all the playing staff. It rankles that there is so little humility displayed by anyone from the club. Fair play to Dale for apologising, unprompted but, not so Buckingham - Nathan Cooper had to ask him if he felt he should. Not good enough.

Incompetence knows no bounds. Including from me - no idea I'd posted this link twice. But the moderator was straight on it putting things right.
If only that sort of thing was happening at our football club. ;)

Is it safe to open your report, does it come with any sort of health warning?

Last edited:
Tragic isn’t it Paul that we are all so hacked off with it that we don’t actually have any feeling of being up there and challenging for a play-off spot?
It has seldom felt so… Dead! It’s like the dream died weeks ago.😩

Hmm. Uncomfortable viewing for sure. Greg Leigh looked shell shocked at times, but it’s probably the fans that will suffer from PTSD.

Probably the poorest performance I seen in over 30 years.

The match day thread and your report should be obligatory reading for all the playing staff. It rankles that there is so little humility displayed by anyone from the club. Fair play to Dale for apologising, unprompted but, not so Buckingham - Nathan Cooper had to ask him if he felt he should. Not good enough.
Thanks Paul, as ever you've nailed it.

It would be interesting to know whether Dale stepped forward or had been prearranged to do the media round. No matter, he spoke honestly and passionately, unlike the manager or any senior player, and he's only been here 5 minutes! I'm afraid I lapsed into indifference and lack of interest after the second goal went in - which is actually worse, probably, than shouting at the TV.

After a defeat like that it should be the captain who is forced to face the media. The communications officer is meant to select who gets to speak, but we don’t have one of those until the bloke from Scotland arrives.

A naive and cowardly choice to send him out rather than Moore.

Thanks for the photo of the shirtless wonder who was sat to my right .
Chancellor Hunt has nothing to worry about.
That young man spent most of the 2nd half “fat shaming “ the home fans to our left .

To add insult to injury, there was a power cut at the hotel I was staying at so I couldn't get a hot drink or cooked breakfast on Wednesday morning and there was an accident on the southbound M40 yesterday. Ah well, onward and upwards (we hope).

Gary looks as happy in that photo as I was after turning off at half time! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: sox
After a defeat like that it should be the captain who is forced to face the media. The communications officer is meant to select who gets to speak, but we don’t have one of those until the bloke from Scotland arrives.

A naive and cowardly choice to send him out rather than Moore.
Stuart Findlay is our new comms officer? Well, I suppose a change of career might be a good move.🙂

I think this was one of those games that signaled the start of the end of a managers reign, similar to:-
Mark Wright 2001 Orient 0-3
Jim Smith 2007 Droylsden 1-3 & Rushden Diamonds 0-5 (Ouch - that was a shocker). Both of these were on TV
Pep Clotet 2017 Wigan 0-7

The 5-0 defeat to Bradford City at valley parade in 2010 was a little reminder of Tuesday nights horror show .
It's strange how these games stay with you over the years .

Paul B

I’ve sent you a message/conversation starter, can you check it out please…

Back
Top Bottom