• **** New European Championships section: HERE. ****

Tickets Bolton Wanderers v OUFC Ticket Thread

Must admit it’s a slightly sad decision you can’t take U2’s into Wembley now.

Doesn’t affect me, but I took by then 0 & 1 YO daughter in 2016/2017 and had thoroughly brilliant days both times (despite the results. And despite a bunch of pissed up Barnsley teens thinking it was fun to chant ‘baby, you’re a c**t, baby baby you’re a c**t’ at her whilst my wife had her in the carrier 🤦‍♂️).

I fully understand the why, and I’m aware it’s only a small percentage of people who would take their baby to a Wembley final anyway. But if that rule was in place now it would’ve prevented my family from having two brilliant days.

(To update, my now 8YO daughter is absolutely bouncing off the walls about going again. She’s gone all over the country this season - Wigan, Carlisle, Burton, Bristol, Vale. I’ve dragged her to some horrible grounds in her short time on this planet (and made her do a wee in some truly dreadful football ground gents toilets over the years 🤣). So happy she’ll be getting to experience the national stadium at such a good age 💛💙)
Yep they rule means we cannot attend the game as a family, so Mrs NSB will be at home with our 15 month and her friend who has a 11 month baby.

Yep they rule means we cannot attend the game as a family, so Mrs NSB will be at home with our 15 month and her friend who has a 11 month baby.

Elf, Safety and "diversity" innit.....

"Our policies reflect the diverse range of audiences who attend the stadium, across all our events (sport, music and entertainment), and take into account factors such as:
  • Crowd density
  • Loud noise
  • Audience profile
  • Risk of anti-social behaviour through either intoxication or aggressive behaviour
  • Potential use of pyrotechnics (flares and smoke devices) in an enclosed area
Considering the above, and to best protect the safety and wellbeing of babies and young children, the expert advice is to not allow under 2s into Wembley Stadium for our events."

Should have planned their arrivals better. :ROFLMAO:

There have been a few that are questioning whether or not we will take 30,000 or not, and I think the lowest estimate I've seen is 25,000.

That nonsense. We will easily shift 30,000 and wouldn't be surprised to see us given extra blocks to incremental increase our allocation as more and more sell.

The appetite for this game is huge and I'm sure we'll see a huge surge on Monday when they go on general sale. I appreciate that there are those who are questioning why we couldn't have started the general sale this weekend, but with the system being so clunky (not our fault) it will be good to know that the ticket office staff will be on hand to resolve issues as they come up. (And just a note to say that the volume of calls and emails they've dealt with has been immense so a huge thank you to all involved!)

There are frustrations, and it would have been so much easier to have just opened up all areas from the beginning, but we are where we are, and with a bit of patience and a little banging of heads, we should all be able to get there and in the areas we are happy with (even if not first choice).

This time next week I'm convinced that best part of 40,000 Oxford fans will be on our way to turn Wembley yellow and we'll be celebrating long into the night, by which time the ticketing nonsense will have all been forgotten.

Come on you Yeeeeellllloooowwwwsss!!!

b****r n dammit - a dilly dallying family member now wants to go , thing is me, my nephew & Sister have already used up our respective 6 ticket limit , of course the dilly dallier ( TBF had to get sat 18th off work , and arrange a flight to England), wants to be sitting with the rest of us - anyone have any ideas/ suggestions on how to successfully sort this?
Worst case your block is not sold out and buy a ticket Monday

Helpful to know that 15,000 tickets have now been sold as I just did a count of available tickets.

There are 1085 left in Tier 1 (that is with blocks 123-140 open)
There are 744 left in Tier 2 (that is with blocks 229-245 open)

So I can use that as a base to estimate sales beyond 15,000. It will be much more of an estimate than for our home matches though!

I don't think any additional seats will become available in Tier 1 but there may be some more blocks to be opened in Tier 2 looking at the seat map (246+).

Bolton tickets went on more general sale at 10am today (open to members rather than just season ticket holders) so they will likely see their numbers go up significantly today (have announced 20,000 already) whereas it will be Monday before we see similar growth. Bolton are already selling in Tier 5 and lower tiers (1 & 2) nearly all sold out.

Email from ticket office just now explaining the EFL/Wembley ticket policy. Thanks also to @OUSP who also helped out with info.
So, this is what the email had to say:
Following advice from the EFL, tickets will be sold in order from North to South, with the venue having complete autonomy over if/when we can open blocks. With +15,000 seats sold already we anticipate all/the majority of West end blocks to open but are not in a position to guarantee when that might be. Sorry we can’t be of more help.

I feel for the ticket office staff, they have a hard enough job as it is without some interference from the EFL over which they have no control. I shall endeavour to pick up, and deliver, another slab of lardy cake in the near future.

Bolton fan in peace. Looking forward to this as I'm sure you lot all are.

Good to see healthy sales at both clubs.
Worked down at Harwell near Oxford many moons back and attended a few Oxford games so have a little soft spot for you guys and always keep an eye out for your results.

I'd hope we can get something around the 30k mark which will be a fantastic effort with the short time frame to organise transport and the costs involved.
We're coaching it down not bad at £55 but no child discounts. 3 kids and the missus it's adding up.
We've gone for decent lower tier seats so by the time it's all added up with a new top or two for a couple of the kids and the missus always needs something. With beer tokens for the adults and food for the kids etc. I'll be heading towards a bag of sand.
I said to my kids last year at the Pizza Cup Final that you never know when your next visit will be, so we have to always take the opportunity when it lands. Didn't think it would be just over 12 months later mind.

Have a great day and all the best in the future whichever way the game goes.

If Bolton have already opened the top tier at the £31 this enables their fans on a budget to start to plan things over this weekend hence why their sales are increasing at a faster rate yet our top tier opening is set for when?

I know of families of 3 or 4 children who are wanting to set things in motion with transport etc etc but it seems they will have to do this on a working day which isn't easy.

We've done our bit with purchasing between 3 ST's of sales of nearly £1k but for others this isn't applicable. Whoever it is in charge what is the problem of opening the top tier this weekend for the fans whose budgets are already stretched who would love to sort out things whilst they have their weekends off.

COYY'S

There have been a few that are questioning whether or not we will take 30,000 or not, and I think the lowest estimate I've seen is 25,000.

That nonsense. We will easily shift 30,000 and wouldn't be surprised to see us given extra blocks to incremental increase our allocation as more and more sell.

The appetite for this game is huge and I'm sure we'll see a huge surge on Monday when they go on general sale. I appreciate that there are those who are questioning why we couldn't have started the general sale this weekend, but with the system being so clunky (not our fault) it will be good to know that the ticket office staff will be on hand to resolve issues as they come up. (And just a note to say that the volume of calls and emails they've dealt with has been immense so a huge thank you to all involved!)

There are frustrations, and it would have been so much easier to have just opened up all areas from the beginning, but we are where we are, and with a bit of patience and a little banging of heads, we should all be able to get there and in the areas we are happy with (even if not first choice).

This time next week I'm convinced that best part of 40,000 Oxford fans will be on our way to turn Wembley yellow and we'll be celebrating long into the night, by which time the ticketing nonsense will have all been forgotten.

Come on you Yeeeeellllloooowwwwsss!!!
I tend to agree.
25,000 would be an awful turnout after 33,000 on the Conference final.
Get up to 20,000 then once the cheaper seats open up and Monday comes, thete will be another flood of ticket sales.
I still think that we willbsell 35,000 minimum

If Bolton have already opened the top tier at the £31 this enables their fans on a budget to start to plan things over this weekend hence why their sales are increasing at a faster rate yet our top tier opening is set for when?

I know of families of 3 or 4 children who are wanting to set things in motion with transport etc etc but it seems they will have to do this on a working day which isn't easy.

We've done our bit with purchasing between 3 ST's of sales of nearly £1k but for others this isn't applicable. Whoever it is in charge what is the problem of opening the top tier this weekend for the fans whose budgets are already stretched who would love to sort out things whilst they have their weekends off.

COYY'S
its EFL and Wembley PLC being twats . Again

Mad to think in a years time we could be in the premiership with a new stadium or in league 2 without a ground.
It will be 2 years so it could be more extreme.

In August 2026 we could be walking out in our new ground as Premier League champions with Cam showing off the World Cup that he captained England to winning, or non-league and no home!

I'm putting a tenner on the first outcome!!

It's not Bolton opening it, it is Wembley. That's the way they do it and the clubs cannot change it. It's so frustrating.

Incidentally the issue preventing fans from assigning tickets to other ST holders in their networks on order to purchase more than 6 together has now been resolved.

I think it’s mental we are limiting sales from Monday to people with a Yellows account pre May.

With the new ground etc we should be opening this up to completely general sale as there will be folk from Oxfordshire who’ve never attended a game at the KS or set up a Yellows account.

There may be people who’ve attended one game with a friend a couple of years ago who they no longer speak with etc who a day out like this may re-kindle their thoughts ahead of our new wonderful stadium!

Will we be opening up general sale from Wednesday? @OUSP @OxVox

Not that I can go to Wembley this time but does the fact I attended around 10 games this season (home and away) mean I would be eligible? I don’t currently pay anything to be a yellows member but am registered as a fan. If so why are people saying they have to pay £30 to join now?

Back
Top Bottom