Ex Player Alex Rodriguez Gorrin

I hope we don't. He had a chance to join us in January and chose Hull instead. With so many other options out there there's little point in trying to chase a player who A) left us after only one season, and B) turned down rejoining the club a few windows later.
Whyte clearly thinks he can do better than us

Jesus, that’s insane to me. He’s our most dangerous player in about 80% of the games he plays and can create something out of nothing. His pace is a massive threat and defenders can’t live with him at times. Obviously he drifts in and out of games, if he didn’t he’d be in the CH or PL. I’d do everything we can to keep him, our best winger since Fosu.
Bang on but sadly don't think we will get him on a permanent

I would like us to sign McGuane Lee and Barker of the loan players. Shodipo has scored a decent number of goals with very few assists. I prefer Barker for possibly a few less goals but caused many more problems. Lee is something different and McGuane is obvious. I think Eastwood will leave so we need a back up for Stevens. I would let Winnall go as not up to what we require. I think Robbie Hall needs to move on also as injury has clearly taken it’s toll sadly. Chambers -Parollon needs to be bought into the first team squad also for me.
Not as comprehensive as some people but just a few thoughts on next seasons squad from me.

I would like us to sign McGuane Lee and Barker of the loan players. Shodipo has scored a decent number of goals with very few assists. I prefer Barker for possibly a few less goals but caused many more problems. Lee is something different and McGuane is obvious. I think Eastwood will leave so we need a back up for Stevens. I would let Winnall go as not up to what we require. I think Robbie Hall needs to move on also as injury has clearly taken it’s toll sadly. Chambers -Parollon needs to be bought into the first team squad also for me.
Not as comprehensive as some people but just a few thoughts on next seasons squad from me.
Shidipo has scored great goals but in many games contributes very little, and his close control is often terrible. I can’t see him getting a game at QPR but I doubt we’d try to buy him.

Shidipo has scored great goals but in many games contributes very little, and his close control is often terrible. I can’t see him getting a game at QPR but I doubt we’d try to buy him.
Would take him on a free or on the cheap (maybe up to 100k?) But QPR will see his goals and probably ask for far more than he's worth.

I dunno. There is a decent player in there and he is developing all the time. I would take Shopido. The issue we have is that the wide players in our system are a high octane position. Unfortunately the balance of the squad is all wrong, we need at least three but probably four wide players as rotation in this position is key. Unfortunately we only have two at present.

I dunno. There is a decent player in there and he is developing all the time. I would take Shopido. The issue we have is that the wide players in our system are a high octane position. Unfortunately the balance of the squad is all wrong, we need at least three but probably four wide players as rotation in this position is key. Unfortunately we only have two at present.
At the moment the problem is maybe that we rely on them too much - give it to the fast bloke is hardly advanced tactics. But his control is really terrible sometimes for a supposed skilful player.

This is a guy who is into double figures for goals, and done it playing wide.
If he was available then they would take him, but of course he won’t be.

I wouldn't take Shodipo, we need a major upgrade on the wings next season (all across midfield in fact), the service provided to Taylor at times just hasn't been there

Hanson has done pretty well at left back in my opinion. He struggled on the right against Lincoln but picked his game up second half on the left and kept their RW pretty quiet. He got rinsed once against Sunderland but the movement from their player would've left every L1 full back on their ass, especially with the lack of backup from Barker. Obita came in for free, played a couple games where he was no better than average at best, then buggered off bringing in 150k for us. It was a good deal that in reality we had no business turning down. Grayson came in looking like a player with good pedigree that could cover multiple positions, and turned out to be a bit useless, but not one person on this forum complained about the Grayson signing at the time so to claim some kind of foresight is ridiculous.

Yep, I’d say the majority were disappointed he left and concerned that we didn’t have suitable cover in place

Hanson has done pretty well at left back in my opinion. He struggled on the right against Lincoln but picked his game up second half on the left and kept their RW pretty quiet. He got rinsed once against Sunderland but the movement from their player would've left every L1 full back on their ass, especially with the lack of backup from Barker. Obita came in for free, played a couple games where he was no better than average at best, then buggered off bring in 150k for us. It was a good deal that in reality we had no business turning down. Grayson came in looking like a player with good pedigree that could cover multiple positions, and turned out to be a bit useless, but not one person on this forum complained about the Grayson signing at the time so to claim some kind of foresight is ridiculous.

If we’ve got to the point where we’re praising Hanson for doing “pretty well”, we really are accepting mediocrity.

I’m not sure the man is even L2 standard in all honesty (as demonstrated by our inability to offload him, due also to his eye-watering salary).

Derby must still be chuckling at us (if they can remember who he is).

Back
Top Bottom