Current Player #5 Elliott Moore

In a rare light moment, and having played football with a couple of Plymouth lads today, I'd say if Plymouth are in for Moore I'm a banana.
Part of the recruitment and management team at Plymouth then I’m assuming.

Part of the recruitment and management team at Plymouth then I’m assuming.

My dear. They're a selling club that doesn't need a league 2 stalwart whose primary virtue is silence to progress, and he'll have less resale value in 12 months when he's even slower.

It's not rocket science.

Last edited:
Yeah he's rubbish - look how well we did when he didn't play...

Totally agree and understand, but if the club starts responding to every rumour whipped up on twitter with strong club statements, it could get ridiculous very quickly.

Exactly. Let’s say the owners come out and - in good faith - say ‘players x is under contract and isn’t going anywhere’, only to get a £4m bid from him from Blackburn the next day that could fund most of the transfers on Buckingham/Waldron’s hit-list. All of a sudden - through no real fault of their own - they’re liars who can’t be trusted.

Football is an absolutely mental industry; something that’s 100% true one day can be 100% false the next, so I can completely understand why there’s radio silence when it comes to transfer windows.

If they respond to one tin-foil hat rumour, they have to respond to them all, and I’d rather they spent their time trying to get their business done, than wasting it responding to every nonsense rumour that appears on Twitter.

One thing we have done very well in very recently is transfers, so I just hope everyone chills out a bit. We’ll lose some players, we’ll bring some players in. Hopefully soon, but definitely by Feb.

This has always been referred to as a three window ‘project’, and in terms of league position, we’re well ahead of where anyone expected us to be back in May.

So good I quoted you twice. Moore's pretty mediocre at L1, on a good day. Ciaron Brown's L1 or better (look! he reads the game and intervenes). i dunno what's wrong with Thorniley but he's useless, Smyth was playing beyond his paygrade, the midfield (apart from Brannagan) was defensively invisible, intangible and god only knows. He would have stood, pointed and watched them score.

We need much better players if YOUR club wants to progress.

My dear. They're a selling club that doesn't need a league 2 stalwart whose primary virtue is silence to progress, and he'll have less resale value in 12 months when he's even slower.

It's not rocket science.
I'm not saying Plymouth are interested but your long term disregard for a player who's been really good for us this season is a bit tedious. 'Primary virtue is silence', it's almost as though you've made your mind up before watching him play.

So....if Paul Cannell is a banana and Julian Alsop rocks up ....I just hope RyanioBirdio isn't in the room tbh

Whilst the club cannot be expected to respond to every rumour, it does feel as a collective, we know far more than the club gives us credit for. And as such, the replies to questions from the media are laughable - and thus cause a divide and further mistrust.

EG: All week long prior to Mannings's departure, the rumours were Bristol was after him. Asked after the Maidenhead game, Manning explicitly said he'd heard nothing, and then, hey presto, he's gone to Bristol.

EG: DB was asked by Nathan Cooper about Beadle's future. Rumours were rife about him going to the Championship, and in particular Sheffield Wednesday. DB said he and the recruitment team had heard nothing. yet BBC Sheffield's 'Jerome' said on Sunday that Beadle was understood to be Sheffield. So clearly there was something brewing.

Surely there needs to be greater transparency or even honesty in these interviews? Even "Things are developing, and I cannot say anything at this time".

As for Elliot Moore. I guess time will tell.

Surely there needs to be greater transparency or even honesty in these interviews? Even "Things are developing, and I cannot say anything at this time".

Why though? What difference does it make?

We still turn up and support our club and our rivals don’t get any extra information about our squad or transfer targets.

If DB says things are developing and they fail to DB looks like a fool.

I’ve been offered a new job and I have accepted it. I’m keen to hand in my notice but I haven’t signed the new contract yet. My current boss has just assigned me a new account.

If I get the contract and find that they’ve changed something in it or there is something I don’t like I won’t sign it, and my current employer will be none the wiser.

The board have been very good on the new stadium communications in my opinion and have been really tight lipped about transfers and Manning. Maybe the leaks say more about Bristol City and Wednesday than they do about us.

So good I quoted you twice. Moore's pretty mediocre at L1, on a good day. Ciaron Brown's L1 or better (look! he reads the game and intervenes). i dunno what's wrong with Thorniley but he's useless, Smyth was playing beyond his paygrade, the midfield (apart from Brannagan) was defensively invisible, intangible and god only knows. He would have stood, pointed and watched them score.

He could turn into prime Rio Ferdindand and you'd still tell us how poor he is. He's one of our most important players and would have no issue finding a Championship club if he ran down his contract.

I feel you have to be a genuine Elliott Moore hater to come up with this nonsense.

I feel you have to be a genuine Elliott Moore hater to come up with this nonsense.
I would agree Brown has a higher ceiling than Moore purely based on versatility alone. Moore is a fantastic L1 defender but I do feel he only plays as well as the man he's got next to him and not a player to pick a defence up off it's ass like Dickie, we've looked a lot more solid with Ciaron alongside him in at centre back. Also will add I really hope Elliott stays with us and I really like him as a player and captain.

I would agree Brown has a higher ceiling than Moore purely based on versatility alone. Moore is a fantastic L1 defender but I do feel he only plays as well as the man he's got next to him and not a player to pick a defence up off it's ass like Dickie, we've looked a lot more solid with Ciaron alongside him in at centre back. Also will add I really hope Elliott stays with us and I really like him as a player and captain.

To put another way, Brown looks a lot more solid when he’s got Moore along side him at centre back.

They’re a pretty decent central defensive pairing at this level, the best combination currently at the club.

He could turn into prime Rio Ferdindand and you'd still tell us how poor he is. He's one of our most important players and would have no issue finding a Championship club if he ran down his contract.
Moore is no where near to being good enough to play in the Championship.
Have you not seen him against the better strikers in league 1, particularly the more physical one's.
He lacks pace, his positioning isn't great.
He's doing ok for us this season but definitely not Championship standard.

Back
Top Bottom