General Rob Dickie & Elliott Moore

harrymark1

These 2 were immense last night at times i thought there were 2 of each of them on the pitch as there anticipation was top drawer with both looking to play out from the back with brave forward compared to Newcastle's defence who just watched their keeper continually kick it long. IF we don't go up surely Dickie deserves to jump straight to the PL? Not put a foot wrong in 4 games against PL opposition. Moore must be our unluckiest player as Mous & Dickie are performing so well yet whenever he plays he just oozes class and only 22!!

Not easy for Moore to come in and perform like he has against Premier League opposition. Impressive.

Mousinho deserves to start though he’s been excellent all season. Good leader too, on and off the pitch.

If we don’t go up this season then Dickie will be leaving in the summer, however Moore will replace him in the first XI and Mousinho deserves another contract, Nico Jones and new signing Atkinson will be first team squad players next season.

There were some very good performances from our lot last night - but I agree with this post, Moore and Dickie were excellent. (I was going to say 'Dickie stood out' then thought better of it). Even more impressive was the way they worked together, given their limited amount of time of the pitch as a twosome.

These 2 were immense last night at times i thought there were 2 of each of them on the pitch as there anticipation was top drawer with both looking to play out from the back with brave forward compared to Newcastle's defence who just watched their keeper continually kick it long. IF we don't go up surely Dickie deserves to jump straight to the PL? Not put a foot wrong in 4 games against PL opposition. Moore must be our unluckiest player as Mous & Dickie are performing so well yet whenever he plays he just oozes class and only 22!!
agree but thread title should’ve been-
impressed by Moore Dickie (snigger snigger etc)

I do think it will be a massive shame to probably not see Dickie and Moore play regularly together, both good with the ball at their feet and both good in the air, like others have said though, Mous has been fantastic so far and deserves to keep his place and I think people are right in the fact that Dickie will leave if we don't go up this season

Last edited:
What a partnership, I hope we keep them together because they are only going to get better.

Dickie is the best Centre Back in League One, and will undoubtedly be playing at a higher level very shortly.

But to say he's not put a foot wrong in 4 games against PL opposition, when he was absolutely exposed for the second goal last night, is a bit much!

For all his technical ability, positional sense and aerial prowess......he's slow for a top level defender. So he cannot afford to be pressing up near the halfway line with a player like Joelinton on his shoulder - unless he's going to push up and catch him offside, he has to drop further back and give himself a chance.
I'll concede that it's possible his positioning was KR's decision and not Dickie himself.....only they will know.....but it was clearly wrong and led to a far-too-easy Newcastle goal.

If the midfield had been present, Dickie would not have been exposed as he was. Unfortunately, they were off chasing the ball for a lot of the first half.

Sykes was my motm. Agreed Moore was very good.

I think Sykes deserves his own thread, was excellent!! To think we were going to loan him out at the start of the season!! A lot of my non Oxford supporting friends watched the game on TV and Sykes has been the name picked out by many as our best player! Him and Dickie... Maybe Baptise departure give Sykes more game game centrally which is his best position...

Back
Top Bottom