Away Match Day Thread 5/8/23 L1: Cambridge United v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rodriguez better second half, McGuane at least injected some urgency, but we are truly shocking! It is as bad as Karl Robinson’s last few matches. Same old issues. Nothing has really changed and therefore we are in trouble.

Last edited:
I hate to state the obvious and dig up the summer theme but it all goes wrong with the full backs. They simply cannot beat a player nor can they make a clean pass forwards. They’ve no talent creatively or skillfully. And so it’s really easy for the opponent to sit off them and wait for the mistake.

The other option , which they take up voluminously , is to just pass it back to the center backs, allowing the opponent to reset their structure, or pump it hopefully down the wing and hope that the winger, with back to goal , wins a 50/50, turns, beats the full back etc. it’s painful viewing

Manning wake up! We've been saying we need a destroyer/tackler in there for years, Gorrin was too nice and twinkle toed.
I’d disagree before his injury Gorrin would’ve been one of the first names on the team sheet because he was a tackler and he would take one for the team. I do agree that now he may not be upto it after a horrid time with injuries.

And people say we don’t need a big midfield muscle man! Or a big unit as an option up front!
We’ve been bullied everywhere. Moore has been dominated as well. Strange how their 6 foot 4 striker hasn’t targeted our little centre back!! 😂

I’d disagree before his injury Gorrin would’ve been one of the first names on the team sheet because he was a tackler and he would take one for the team. I do agree that now he may not be upto it after a horrid time with injuries.

The trouble is, trying to replace your badly injured aggressive centre midfielder with the same badly injured aggressive midfielder is a bit mad, we could just sign a fit player to do that job.

Great ball by RR, great run by mills and that's a goal with any decent contact, seems to scuff the header.

Too little too late today. They're seeing this out and know they have the job done. A classic example that Robbo would previously claim we looked better in the second half.

Cambridge seeing this out with some deep defensive work, not too troubled.

Stevens was absolutely atrocious at saving anything from outside the box. We've got hardly anything on target all game...

Back
Top Bottom