Away Match Day Thread 5/8/23 L1: Cambridge United v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I quite often think some of our fans that go to away games are C**** and should F off Jake. I imagine a few of them are the ones you stand with who think they can do what they want but then complain when people call them out when they are being dicks.

I’m sure they won’t mind me telling them they should F off next time I go to a game.

Paying money doesn’t give you the right to do what you want. It’s also going to achieve very little when you abuse one of our own players.
Steve I haven't been to an away game since Wycombe last season.i found the behaviour of a few twats totally embarrassing.

Steve I haven't been to an away game since Wycombe last season.i found the behaviour of a few twats totally embarrassing.
Unfortunately we seem to have a new group of lads who think they can say and do exactly what they want at games without anyone calling them out for it.

They saw at MK Dons what can happen if they over step the mark and I know more and more people who they are starting to really P**s off at games.

Something I hadn't realised until now, though it's probably been mentioned before, is that Manning's first game last season was away at Cambridge, and he lost on that occasion too (1-0).
Not been mentioned because it’s wrong, Robinson was still in charge.

We are once again looking for fans' matchday ratings to accompany the write up of away matches in the programme. If you want to participate please email ousp2023@gmail.com.

Unfortunately we seem to have a new group of lads who think they can say and do exactly what they want at games without anyone calling them out for it.

They saw at MK Dons what can happen if they over step the mark and I know more and more people who they are starting to really P**s off at games.
Not exclusive to us , that’s the youth of today I’m afraid .

Not exclusive to us , that’s the youth of today I’m afraid .
Unfortunately this is true.
Absolutely love this.

The youth of today are shouting "you c***" and having "fake limbs"

The youth of the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s were ripping up seats, fighting police, throwing bricks, in cases even leading to people's deaths.

And no, I'm not defending the former, but don't act as if every previous generation acted perfectly.

Absolutely love this.

The youth of today are shouting "you c***" and having "fake limbs"

The youth of the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s were ripping up seats, fighting police, throwing bricks, in cases even leading to people's deaths.

And no, I'm not defending the former, but don't act as if every previous generation acted perfectly.
You’re right, every generation has acted poorly in some way in the past but surely society has moved on enough and people are more aware of what is right and wrong.
Chanting peado at goalkeepers/mascots, sexist chants towards female physio’s really shouldn’t have any place at football. I’ve heard these chants at all the away games I’ve been to recently.

You’re right, every generation has acted poorly in some way in the past but surely society has moved on enough and people are more aware of what is right and wrong.
Chanting peado at goalkeepers/mascots, sexist chants towards female physio’s really shouldn’t have any place at football. I’ve heard these chants at all the away games I’ve been to recently.
You're absolutely right, and I'm not defending it.

But you're acting as if your generation were perfect with statements like 'The youth of today'.
The youth of today are no worse than the youth of your day. Stop taking the moral high ground.

Surprised you haven't had a word with the perpetrators.

We have some idiot fans who think that a couple of beers and a stone island jacket makes them Gangster no.1! Some of their behaviour last season was an embarrassment, and it was better when some of them fucked off to watch Banbury after getting challenged by some of their peers. Sadly it sounds like they managed to worm their way back yesterday, but I don't think it will be long before others have a word with them again.

I never been one to want to see football sanitised, and take my kids along to games in the knowledge that they will hear words at games that we don't repeat at home. But when you have a group of "lads" throwing themselves into other fans with fake bullshit "limbs" and screaming "C***" every few minutes, then don't be surprised when others react.

"Play with feathers, get your a**e tickled flower!!"
The odd groan aimed at a player is one thing, shouting C word at top of voice dozens of times is another. Families around me took up there (unallocated) seats before 2:15. Gangways filled up about 2:50. Young fans therefore couldn't even see properly, their safety compromised because the gangways were blocked and then had to be exposed to obscenities. This is 2023. We need a new stadium. Behaviour like I witnessed will not help us nurture Young fans. Something has to be done.

So...
To change the behaviour of our abusive fans how about offering a free anger management coarse to the offenders. Failure to attend and they get named and shamed on our new scoreboard and SM. We should not allow the 1% spoil the experiences of the 99%.
Please can the club put a plea out as this has been festering too long.

You're absolutely right, and I'm not defending it.

But you're acting as if your generation were perfect with statements like 'The youth of today'.
The youth of today are no worse than the youth of your day. Stop taking the moral high ground.
I didn’t use the term ‘the youth of today’ but I did agree with the statement.

I also know full well that my generations were dicks but if I did something that stepped out of line I was told by older generations and took it on board. Hopefully this lot do the same.

The problem with this is if anything kicks off violence wise and it makes the news a certain group would have relished this

Back
Top Bottom