Away Match Day Thread 4/9/21 L1: AFC Wimbledon v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agyei wouldn’t have won us that game I don’t think, but he would have offered more than Winnall, who did nothing and offered nothing.
Yep, I don't think he is the whole package but he certainly gets less opportunities in the league than Winnall to play and less leeway following not great individual performances than Winnall!

Lots of our chances and breaks were coming from pace down the sides, so to sit and look at that game and think β€˜ah, a 4-4-2 diamond is needed’ is worrying from the tactical minds in charge of our club.

"We really should be beating teams like Wimbledon" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Three stand club, Franchise fat c**t manager and ideas above your stationπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜­

And Agyei has to come on over Winall, unfortunately I've been saying that for too long now. Winnall has offered nothing in that time, someone needs to ask KR if Winnall has something on him!
But thats just not going to happen is it

KR has publicly said that he wants Agyei to stay at the club and that he is looking forward to working with him and seeing him improve (or words to that effect) unyet he won't give him hardly game time. So how can he improve? Or am I missing the point? Winnall coming on instead of DA really is baffling to me. I'm not saying DA would have changed the result, but I'm sure he would have been more effective. Having said all that, it's blatantly obvious where our weakness lies. I think that is now 6 goals conceded from set pieces in the last 4 games (please correct me if I am wrong). As other people have said, KR's substitutions were a bit odd.

"We really should be beating teams like Wimbledon" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Three stand club, Franchise fat c**t manager and ideas above your stationπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜­
This guy has a point no matter how inelegantly he has put it - the arrogance at our club does not stop with our manager

• React
Reactions: m
I normally try to be one to stay calm and level headed and often defend KR - but I can't today. We were fairly stable and the game looked even, then he makes the subs to go to the 442 diamond and we just lost all shape and made it easy for them. Their CBs won every single long ball all game and Winnall wasn't going to change that, and the third goal came from the full back being isolated by not having a winger to cover them. And don't get me started on the bloody set piece defending. Laughably bad. I'd have them all in tomorrow working on defending corners for 6 hours. Sykes and Henry did well, a few were average, Holland and Winnall came on and put in performances nearly as bad as Agyei and Sykes did against Swindon last year.

Them centre backs couldn't deal with sykes pace first half, why Agyei wasn't sent on for Taylor I will never know.

This guy has a point no matter how inelegantly he has put it - the arrogance at our club does not stop with our manager
I kind of agree too. We tend to think pretty football deserves to win games, and get out-battled, especially away.

I wonder if one of the coaches had said to KR - β€˜How about we keep the shape, keep Sykes on as he’s doing well and put Agyei on for Taylor, Kane on for Gorrin and hit them on the break as they press forwards’ what Robinson would have said back - β€˜No, let’s go two up front, Winnall will terrorise that defence’

We should of beat them on that first half showing that's not being arrogant. Also our 2 stands hold more than their whole ground so I wouldn't be bragging too much.

Disgaree, Gorrin was having a poor game, giving possession away in dangerous positions and looking lost at sea. The problem has been the change in shape in front of the back four
The change in shape in front of the back four has got nothing to do with not being able to defend set pieces.

I guess it can mean that you have to defend more of them though.

Winnall didn't do anything but I would blame Taylor, Gorrin and Holland for missing absolute sitters and whoever left their man completely free for their 1st two goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom